PDA

View Full Version : Your Area of Operation, or, where do you like flying?

Michael Carter
12-14-2008, 10:14 PM
I don't think I've seen this question here before and I'm interested in where (and/or what kind of flying) our membership enjoys flying most.

Since I posted, I'll go first.

I do all of my flying in the UK and the Continent. Favorite destinations in no particular order:

Munich
Stuttgart
Hamburg
Innsbruck
Vienna
London
Klangenfurt
Linz
Manchester
Aberdeen
Geneva
Glasgow
Frankfurt
Paris
Prague
Zurich
Berlin
Dresden

Many others too.

I especially like Innsbruck in low weather; any arrival or approach, Prague is another favorite because of the RAK9 arrival from the west, London too for the east arrivals, gotta love those 'S' turns and roll out right on final. Geneva is another with a very good arrival and approach.

The harder it is the more I like it. :)

choffmann
12-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Clearly, most of us will have their very own favorite destinations, be it the last holiday terminus or other far away destinations, which you have never been to but would love to go, especially if the arrival is somewhat challenging and the airport is well designed by third party software suppliers (I love the Aerosoft solutions).
I like to fly into Reggio Calabria (Italy), Rio de Janeiro´s Santos Dumont, San Diego, and many more, depending on my mood, sometimes.
But what´s more, a difficult approach PLUS diabolic wheater conditions....

Cheers
Chris

Michael Carter
12-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Clearly, most of us will have their very own favorite destinations...

That's the idea of this thread.

I'll have to try Reggio Calabria and Rio.

I've never been any farther south than Nice. Another interesting approach.

Jackpilot
12-14-2008, 11:00 PM
I am on my third World go around.

Always depart from Montreal eastward, this time Atlantic to Azores Portugal Spain Sicily Athens Istambul Tehran Kabul kathmandou
This is where I am, planning the return through Japan Russia Anchorage Yukon Montreal
All in real time..no cheating and all departures and arrivals handflying. I chose the airports according to the availability of approach plates (Navigraph)
Have'nt done the Pacific and Australia yet.

My "kindafun"

Michael Carter
12-14-2008, 11:04 PM
That's an interesting type of flying.

AndyT
12-15-2008, 01:38 AM
I fly low and slow commuter runs around the islands here in Hawaii. On occasion I will fly somewhere else. Its a random thing. The dangerous approaches are during hurricanes. You gotta try that one on for size.

paulj
12-15-2008, 01:51 AM
While building a 737NG it is not flyable at the moment so I usually go low and slow on a Cessna and I just love the Aussie FTX scenery for FSX.
Once the 737 gets to a stage that I can fly, I'll do all the Aussie domestic routes and then some US,European and South American flights.
It's a big world out there so much to see.:D
Just on another note, I've been talking to a guy who also jumps into a car and drive around the Aussie countryside in FSX.
He reckons that it's a lot of fun too. Especially with other cars and trucks on the road.

Paul

PDT 200
12-15-2008, 10:46 AM
US east coast. KGSO to KCLT to KATL to KPHL TO KELM. ERJ-145. Basically America West/US Airways routes. Even go to KMIA and then to St.Maarten. Gota love that over the beach approach.
Regards,
Brian