PDA

View Full Version : Hi All, does anyone have a symulatory MIP and glareshield

airbus319
12-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm looking for some measurements for the symulatory MIP so I can make a base before the MIP Base arrives.

Can anyone help me out please?

I'm also interested in any feedback you have if you have this MIP,MIP base and glareshield.

thanks

mpl330
12-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi Airbus319,

Presume you mean for the 737 - wasnt sure due to your user name??
I have the full set from Symulatory so PM me and let me know what you need to know...

Cheers
Mike

ps - what's your name? (we are a friendly bunch here)

airbus319
12-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Hi Mike,

thanks for the welcome, My names Dave.

I ordered the MIP base, MIP, Glareshield Base and L&R glare sections from poland about 5 weks ago, got an email from Jakub yesterday to say that they were finally being shipped tomorrow.

I was wondering if you could let me know the width of the MIP base as I intend to get handy with the MDF and saw this week and build a base with central cable tray before they arrive.

Also Mike i would appreciate it if you could let me know exactly what I've bought for my money as you dont get a lot of info from the website, do I need to but a IO card for connecting the MIP or is one provided with the set.

I appreciate your help

thanks

Dave.

mpl330
12-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Hi Dave,

The usual IO for symulatory is to use FSBus (although they are branded as Symulatory) so you will need the old FSBus software (2.2 if I remember correctly) but it is the version available on your favourite simbulding website ;)

I believe you should get the required IO card (but would clarify that is the case), which connects via USB so you will need a power supply (old pc power supply will do it) and ask Jakub for the config file for your setup - this maps the inputs & outputs from & to FS/PM and the lights and switches in the MIP

If you send me your email address I can send you over some photos with measurements from memory the width is approx 1.5m but will measure for you... I will be uploading some progress shots into the photo gallery soon aswell...

Happy building
Mike

mpl330
12-15-2008, 05:14 PM
quick update - width of my mip & stand is 149cm outer edge to outer edge...