PDA

View Full Version : 3 projector with TH2GO

Kareem Hizam
12-14-2008, 03:53 PM
hi guys

I want some help to chose projector model which support 1280x1024, please advice me depanding your tested hardware and experiance.

Also I'm looking for curved screen where i can get it?

Kareem Hizam
Best Regards,

Posted via Mobile Device

aviaparts
12-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Hi,

Why do you want to use that resolution ? I would suggest using any resolution at or above XGA but all in a 4:3 format. This is the default resolution for most projectors. I use my projectors in 1024x768 mode with FS in 1600x1200.

I would also not advise you to use a curved screen, it is way easier to use 3 equal screens with a little angle, keep in mind that using TH2GO, you only stretch the front image over 3 screens. Si higher angles are not realistic.

If you do want to go into curve, you will need aditional software or loose sharpness.

Philb737
12-14-2008, 05:02 PM
My Two Cents (http://mytwocents.wordpress.com/)
I have 4 Canon Realis SX50 Projector HD,, they work great!!!
http://www.zalmar.com/detail-Video-Projectors-Realis_SX50.htm
I have a 220dg Spherical Projection Screen from: northernflightsim !
http://www.northernflightsim.com/projectionscreen.shtml
and to make it all work I'm using Sol7 software and wideview!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D
http://immersaview.com/sol7.html
Good luck;)!

Kareem Hizam
12-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Thank you guys for this information, in fact i don't have main reason for chose 1280x1024 but i don't want to spend more than $1000 for each projector i found Canon Realis SX50 Projector great solution but it's costly, can you help me please to chose the projector on my budget ??

Thank you

Swiss1673
01-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Hey Phil

Do you have any Photos of your Homeinstallation with the Spherical Projection Screen? Personally im interested to see a inside View to the Screen. It cost a lot...3300$ for the 150 degrees and i'm not pretty sure....

Daniel

Swiss1673
01-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Thank you guys for this information, in fact i don't have main reason for chose 1280x1024 but i don't want to spend more than $1000 for each projector i found Canon Realis SX50 Projector great solution but it's costly, can you help me please to chose the projector on my budget ??

Thank you

Benq 771 is a nice one.... Good Short Throw and more or less in your Budget....1200$

sas550
01-02-2009, 11:12 PM
I use my projectors in 1024x768 mode with FS in 1600x1200.

Hi! I might be missing something here but if your gfx adapter runs in 1024/768 and fs is set to 1600/1200 there has to be a downscale since fs changes the resolution for the gfx adapter when started. So the projectors have to downcale to native resolution.

I have checked the difference between higher res (not 1600/1200 though)and native res on my projectors by standing next to a taxi sign. The text was absolutely most clear and readable with fs in the same res as the native res for my projectors 1024/768.

Would be interesting to here your result in a situation like that. Maybe downscaling from a 4:3 to another 4:3 resolution doesn't take the same hit (blurr) as downscale from 16:9 to 4:3. But you still don't get more pixels on the screen than your projectors native resolution.

Philb737
01-03-2009, 05:06 AM
Daniel ,
Be careful what you ask for-- you might get it:twisted::)! It wasn't easy flying with a joystick and videotaping at the same time! Enjoy:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YozLHBfSf3M

paulj
01-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Nice video,
your screen looks great.
Paul

Swiss1673
01-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks a lot for making the Video! Very impressive:o Now im a step forward in my descision...

Thanks again!!
Daniel

GDR
01-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Hi Guys,

Just what I'm looking for.

Nice movie!

Does anyone has an idea what the Sol7 software approx. costs?
I couldn't find any indication on the site? (Just checking whether I can squeeze it in the budget plan.;))

Thanks,

Geert.

Swiss1673
01-06-2009, 05:39 PM
450 AUS $ ;)

and Support for a Year. Also included the Beta Version with THG Support...

GDR
01-07-2009, 03:35 AM
Thanks Daniel.

I definately can squeeze it in the budget. :cool:

Thanks again, another problem solved! :D

Geert

Smokytyrz
02-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Hey guys

I've never seen this forum before. What a great place! I'm hoping you guys can help. The thread title suggests we're all trying to do the same things..

I have a TH2GO Digital Edition (latest firmware and Powerdesk SE drivers) and 2 Panasonic AE1000U projectors. I have a couple questions:

First, I had this setup working at 2880x900 resolution on my previous machine, which used a single nvidia 8800GTX to drive the TH2GO, running on Vista 32. I just built a new machine using Vista 64 and 2x 295GTX's. I can only make one projector work at this time. I spent many hours last night trying to get this to work again. I have tried running the TH2GO on both cars, and in SLI and non SLI mode. No result.

Powerdesk detects my setup, detects the projectors...it shows a successful install and the TH2GO shows a green light. Normally once I have that green light it works fine. But still nothing.

Second question, I originally purchased these projectors specifically because they offered great resolutions and had a great rebate. My plan was to run dual 1920x1080 (3840x1080), which the TH2GO says it is capable of. But I have never been able to get anywhere near that resolution to work on the TH2GO. Their tech support hasn't been much help. They've tried...they even fried one of my TH2GOs by reflashing it so many times trying to get this to work properly. In the end I settled for 2880x900 because it worked.
I know the projectors will produce 1920x1080, because when connected directly to the PC each one will display at 1920x1080 independently. AND I can get dual 1920x1080 when connected directly to the video card and use windows to drive both monitors. But Vista does not allow spanning on nvidia cards.

So it seems like the TH2GO would be my answer, but it doesn't seem to actually perform as advertised. At least not when connected to projectors (even though it does detect them by name in Powerdesk SE).

Any ideas on this one? What resolutions are you guys able to run on the TH2GO on your projectors? Did you have to do anything special to make it work?

I know the SofTH2GO is an option, but it has too many compromises and is not widely compatible with the games I run. I prefer to use hardware to do this anyway.

I hope someone can help. I'd really love to take advantage of the widescreen gaming capability I thought I was buying. But at some point if I can't get this working I may cut my losses and sell the second projector, and just run with a single image. It's less headaches. But I've gotten so addicted to even 2880x900. I don't want to go back! lol

Thanks in advance
-Smoky

Trevor Hale
02-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Smoky.. Welcome to MyCockpit.

I have a similar problem with my Tripple Head. I gather it detects that my projector can only run certan resolutions, and I can't select anything more then 800X600.

Anyway, thats a problem I am dealing with. Could it be the 64-Bit operating system..?

Are you sure the TH2GO will work on this platform?

Just a thought.

Trev

Smokytyrz
02-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Thx for the Welcome!

Matrox offers Vista 64 drivers. And I can get one projector to work from the TH2GO. I'm also assuming their compatibility validations during install are working properly. Everything looks like it checks out. Even Vista64 doesn't throw any "driver not supported" kind of warnings.

And I know guys on widescreengamingforums are using Vista64 successfully. In fact the issue those guys are wrestling with is getting the latest video boards + Vista64 + 5040x1050 resolution working. Matrox has been releasing beta gxm drivers to address the issue. So ya Vista 64 is definitely in range.

I only wish my problem was that I couldn't get the absolute max resolution. Right now I get nothing, of course. But even before I still felt kind of robbed at 2880x900.

Thx

AndyT
02-05-2009, 05:07 AM
Because of my video card, I was only getting 2400 x 600 from my TH2Go. When I changed cards, a whole new world of resolutions opened up for me.

Smokytyrz
02-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Well, I hope that ends up being my case. Right now switching cards resulted in nothing working at all. Another fruitless night last night. My build would have taken a single evening had it not been for this roadblock.

I found another firmware patch not yet posted by Matrox that was given to a fellow on another forum. It installed fine, and after it did I got a bunch of "device detected" tones from the pc. But then, still nothing.

I'm even following all the old tactics...reboot at every step, and start with the lowest resolution and work up to the widescreen resolutions. That would almost always fix a problem like this when I first got the TH2GO on the old machine. Once I got past a couple reboots with the screens working it would stick.

The only progress I felt I had last night was learning that booting to the TH2GO (rather than to a regular monitor connected directly to the video card, so I can see) has varied results. Most times the TH2GO boots to a red light. That suggests something is wrong somewhere. I just can't put my finger on what yet.

I always feel a little left behind with this TH2GO. It seems like the one device that the majority of folks can get working with no problem, but I get stuck. I never get stuck unless everyone else is stuck. Not with most things. Spending a year with less resolution than I expected, and now no functionality at all... it's driving me crazy!

I'll be working on it more tonight. I've got a few more iterations I can think to try to get the monitors to fire up. lol I feel like I'm trying to start an old car. I've got fuel, but no spark.

BHawthorne
02-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Which TH2G are you using? The analog or the digital? I would try a dual 720p resolution. Matrox has a new driver beta out for those with issues. Try this: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14366

Also, about Sol7. You can request a download account to try Sol7 demo for free. That way you can also help with the bug testing and decide it's right for you before purchase. If it isn't right for your situation, send them feedback about what they might do to improve it. They've been very receptive to expanding into the simpit community.

Smokytyrz
02-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Thx I'll check that out.

It's a TH2Go Digital edition. I got the Dig Ed just to make sure I had the widest resolution support. :???:

I've never seen my TH2Go communicate at 720 to my projectors. Only 2880x900. But I'll give it a shot. (Although I have tried indirectly just because I go through all resolutions after a reboot, trying to get the TH2Go to 'catch'). Thay is another flavor of troubleshooting I can focus on though. Thx

Smokytyrz
02-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Spoke w/ Emanuele at Matrox today. The GTX295 just isn't supported yet. They haven't tested with it. He mentioned no commitment there, but I'm optimistic that support is coming.

He offered a beta driver to me, which I tried to no avail. Props for the effort though.

So I'm single-screening it until this is sorted I guess. Thx for everyone's help.