PDA

View Full Version : My 737 Project

Bob Reed
09-07-2006, 10:56 AM
As some of you know my project has been on hold for a bit due to a move. Of course this entailed completely disassembling the sim! Well, after a few months I am finally getting back to work on it. There where a number of changes I wanted to make to it anyway and where it was it was just too hard to work on. I have decided instead of doing just the pilot side I am going to do Pilot and First Officers side. I have started repairing the MIP that I have it had been modified to fit a real cockpit and of course I have to rebuild the MIP stand. I also need to make a few modifications on the stand so it will hold the 42” Plasma screen that I will be using for the outside view. In the new house I have a “room” that the sim gets all to it’s self and this is going to make things much nicer! As things progress this weekend I will post a few pictures. Happy simming guys! :shock:

Bob Reed
09-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Going to run a few tests on my 42" monitors tonight expect pictures! :D

Rodney
09-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Can't wait Bob! Get to clickin'

Bob Reed
09-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Well the test on the 42" monitors went well. I have some pics but at the moment no way to post them. I am also going to completely redo my EPIC and code. Been doing tests on that. I bought the FS Communicator software which does a lot more then just EPIC! Also am just about done rebuilding the MIP. When I got it, it had been modified to fit in a real cockpit. THere was actually a large piece missing. I have replaced that and recut the holes for the landing gear enunciators. Now I just have to get a coat of paint on it. This afternoon I am going to work on the MIP stand and see if I can get that done so I can start to reassemble the pit..... More to come! :!:

Bob Reed
09-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Just finished repainting the MIP! And as soon as the smoke clears and the paint drys I will finish the stand! Things are final getting back together!

Bob Reed
10-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Well... After a long delay I am finally getting back to work, slowly, on the sim. I am working right now trying to finish up the MCP code in EPIC. Should have been done a couple of weeks ago... Don't you just hate when life gets in the way of your hobby??!!

Bob Reed
10-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Hey all! The new EPIC coding is going well, in fact if all goes well this evening I might get to do a test flight. And that will mean time for a few new pictures!!!! :D

Bob Reed
10-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Ok posted some pics, in the forum, of the new MCP...

Bob Reed
11-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Well after a number of days of "dealing with real life" I am getting back to the sim. I have started the ECIAS panle for the pilot. Pictures to follow soon...

737NUT
11-11-2006, 09:46 AM
The MIP looks great, sorry i had cut it up so bad. At least the price was right. :)

Bob Reed
11-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Hey 737Nut! No need to be sorry! And yes, the price was real nice! Nice to see you here as well! It has finaly started, I am starting to move the cockpit parts to the place where the cockpit will be put back together. THis weekend I should start to put it back together. I can't wait to try out this new MCP!

Bob Reed
12-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Well more changes! Where I was going to put the sim... Changed my mind! Going to the basement! Working on the "platform" now will have that done by the end of the day. Tomorrow will put the MIP together and then place the yoke and rudder pedales. Things should start coming together a littel faster now. Just needed more room then I could get where I was going to put it. Also makes it a little more private and a lot easyer to hang my over head! I have not been this excited about the sim in a long time. I am just dying to get it back in the air!!

737NUT
12-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Post some pics!!

Bob Reed
12-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Pictures tonight.

Bob Reed
12-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Ok Rob as promised. http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=542 There are a couple pics of the new home. More tomorrow!

AndyT
12-08-2006, 10:10 PM
That looks just like a Michigan basement! The gun rack is a nice touch....;) Is it going behind the cap'ns chair?

NicD
12-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Looks like a good spot for the sim Bob. And that washing machine will come in handy ... just put it on spin-cycle when you're at the gate ... should give you a superb APU ambient sound :)

What supplier did you get your MIP from?

Bob Reed
12-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Looks like a good spot for the sim Bob. And that washing machine will come in handy ... just put it on spin-cycle when you're at the gate ... should give you a superb APU ambient sound :)

What supplier did you get your MIP from?

My MIP... Story behind it. It is an old FDS Nova MIP. It was a gift from 737 Nut when I went to fly his sim. He had hacked it up pretty good to make it fit in his sim. His is a real 737 shell and a lot of real parts... Someday maybe we can get him to post a few pics!

Bob Reed
12-09-2006, 01:26 AM
That looks just like a Michigan basement! The gun rack is a nice touch....;) Is it going behind the cap'ns chair?

Heheheheh! The gun rack was there when I moved in! See the window to the left of the washer? It should go in there! The washer a dryer ... Well the CEO,"ie wife", would not let me move those! But when I get done you will not be able to see them from inside the sim.

Matt Olieman
12-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Congratulations Bob, finally a home for your sim.... I'll look forward toward your progress ;)

Bob Reed
12-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Well more done today. The floor is built. I did not cover it yet because I want to get the MIP in place so I can make sure everything is where it belongs before I button it up. The MIP will be built on Monday so I should be able to get that in place as well. Things are moving along nicely! Tomorrow I will start moving the computers in to the rack as I realy can't do much building untill Monday. It is getting there! There are new pics at: http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=542

Bob Reed
12-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Just posted a couple of pics of the 42" Plasma monitors I will be using for my main view. Still a work in progress. http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=542

Matt Olieman
12-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Getting there... thanks for posting the pics... :D

Bob Reed
12-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Well the MIP frame is done. I am going to work on getting it in tonight. I also have the wood cut for the floor. Tomorrow I will get some of the flight goodies in! Wow! Maybe I can fly this thing soon again. The move realy took the sim out of play, but as you will see it was a good thing. Longest I have gone without flying since I started this project. I DO NOT RECOMEND IT!!!!

Bob Reed
12-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Hi folks... Just another little update. The computers are going in. More pictures tonight! :)

Bob Reed
12-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Hello again sim freeks! I have been very busy! And the sim has been for a couple of test flights! I posted a couple of new pics but there will be ore tonight with the thing lite up! More to come! http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=542

Bob Reed
12-22-2006, 04:16 AM
Well as promised updated photos of the sim! I am now flying once again after almost 6 months of not being able to! http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=542 Enjoy!

Bob Reed
12-22-2006, 07:30 PM
I made my first set of baclightable knobs today. THey turned out very well, other then my "rushing" things. I won't do that again. But it inspires me to go back to making my own knobs! There will be pics once they dry... Going to wait this time!!! :(

Bob Reed
12-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Well after a little break for the Hollidays.. I am back at it. I have the pilots EFIS all wired and programed! Now I will do the FO's and see if I can scrounge up a few Red and Green LEDs to do the landing gear lights!

Bob Reed
01-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Well I have run into a new problem, but it is a good one! Since I have the sim flying once again I seem to be spending more time flying it and less time working on it. Been a long time since I had that problem. I have also decided to fly WorldFlight this year. So I am looking to put a flight crew together. More on this in the near future. I am also ready to put the rotory encoder module in my Epic setup. More new code to learn...YAK!! Oh well maybe some new pics by the weekend. Stay tuned!

Bob Reed
01-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Well the last few days have been sort of up and down. Friday night I was flying with a friend on VATSIM and FS just went away! Machine was still running and all else appeared to be fine. So next day I started poking around and poof!!! Out went the drive. Well Saturday afternoon my brother came over so we could run a new power service to the sim. Can't have the power going out at 32,000! So I ran a new 60amp service to my sim, rebuilt the FS drive and all seems to be back on track! Now for another test flight and back to building!!

Bob Reed
01-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Well another small setback this past week. The software I was using to talk between FSUIPC and my EPIC went goodbye. No more development. So after some serious thought and much tinkering, I decided to go back to EPICInfo as the go between. It took me 4 days to reprogram my Epic and fix all the code. But now I am back up and flying and further ahead then I was. I have more complete with the EPIC now. There are a few things brewing with the sim that I will report back here with soon! So keep an eye open. Now to get the FO's Efis panel in and working!

Trevor Hale
01-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Hey BOB!

I got an idea, Maybe you should save that Epic File in a backup location!

LOL :twisted:

Trev

Bob Reed
01-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Hi Trevor. Well I do keep multiple backups. But this is a total redo with new hardware hooked to the EPIC so I was starting from scratch. I did keep a backup of the files I changed this time so if I want at a later date I can go back and play. I had a massive crash a few years ago and I learned muliple backups of all my EPIC files!

Trevor Hale
01-15-2007, 11:02 AM
The worst thing happened to me, I backed up a peice of software and then needed my backup, I checked my backup cd, all that was there was a shortcut. :)

I also learned a valuable lesson.:rolleyes:

Bob Reed
01-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Don't you hate it when that happens??!!!!

Trevor Hale
01-15-2007, 03:23 PM
LOL, You have no idea....:mad:

Bob Reed
01-18-2007, 12:13 PM
Hello eveyone! Just a small update. Nothing new to look at as I have been working with my EPIC code. I have a buch of stuff working I have never had working before and working on more. I have also been flying! After all that is what this is all about! There should be some stuff to show you pictures of.

Bob Reed
01-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Hello! Well after a few days off and a few flights... I am back it. Most of my work has been in programing my EPIC so I will not bore you with all that. In the next few days there should be some visible progress that i will share with all of you. my next step will be to get the glare shield on,anyone want share how you made yours? Looking for ideas....

Westozy
01-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi Bob, I often wonder looking at your avatar, which one is you? !!! Re: glareshield, I will be making mine as soon as all the CPFlight gear arrives in a couple of weeks and I already have a few sketches drawn. I plan to use 6mm MDF sheet and coat it in a thin adhesive vinyl.

Gwyn

Bob Reed
01-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Hi Gwyn, I am the big fat guy in Red. I get to fly a number of times a year with my friend Thats him in the left seat, Rob, I really enjoy it. As far as your glare shield is concerned, care to share a few of those sketches? I would love to see them!

Bob Reed
01-31-2007, 02:22 PM
Hi folks. I got the FOs EFIS panel all installed and programed. I also just finished the plans for the Glare Shield.. Will start work on that in the next couple of weeks. Time to do some flying. Whew!

Bob Reed
02-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Hello! Well as I stated in the last post it is time to stop work and fly. There is more to it then just flying. I need to see what works as it should, what does not and what needs to be finished before I go any further. If you continue without these pauses, I have found you wind up with a lot of unfinished stuff that needs to be dealt with later. I also keep a notebook handy when flying to write down what I see needs attention, with is not working as I thought it should and ideas for a better cockpit. I get a lot of what I want to do from these flying sessions! Just a thought.... Might want to give it a try.

Bob Reed
03-13-2007, 08:31 AM
He folks. Sorry it has been so long since I posted here. Real life getting in the way. I hate that! Anyways, by the end of this weekend I should finlay have some news and new photos to post!

Bob Reed
04-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Well after a long pause... I am finally back at working on the sim. Today I spent undoing the boo boo I did when last I worked on the thing. I wired up my MIP annunciators and I seem to have had a brain cramp and they where wired TOTALLY wrong! And since it was about a month and a half since I last looked at it I was clueless what I thought I was doing. So I just removed all the wiring and started from scratch. Well I even got the landing gear annunciators programed tonight! WOW!! I will have to shoot one of these videos you guys shoot....

Trevor Hale
04-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Don't forget to put the new battery in the multimeter :p

Bob Reed
04-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Hey Trevor. Thanks for the reminder.. It was done last night!

Bob Reed
04-07-2007, 11:49 PM
As promised every one... Here are the updated photos of the sim. Now these will be changing fast as I have a new throttle on the way and I am about to start on the over head! So enjoy! http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=542

Radar
04-08-2007, 11:57 AM
:p Great work Bob. You guys just amaze me with all this technical stuff. Wondeful work.

:roll: You know i'm itchin to ask you a question A:p

Bob Reed
04-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Yes? Mike, what is the question? On my way to pick up my drill press. Just a little one but a huge step for me. Who know what else might follow me home?? heheheh :p

Trevor Hale
04-11-2007, 09:11 AM
LOL Careful Bob. What ever follows you home will require an explanation.:rolleyes:

Bob Reed
04-11-2007, 09:19 AM
Um........:rolleyes: No idea dear!! Can I keep it?? I will take care of it!!

Radar
04-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Yes? Mike, what is the question? On my way to pick up my drill press. Just a little one but a huge step for me. Who know what else might follow me home?? heheheh :p

:roll: Humm. I forgot Bob. Brain fart:D

Nice work
Mike

Bob Reed
04-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Hi guys... And before I start.. There will be pics by Monday!;) My Throttle has arrived! I am almost done installing it. Axis are all programed, what a job that was to get them all to work. Still not 100% on the throttles.. More perciesly the reverses. Number 2 works as it should, number 1 I have to advance the lever a smidge to get it to go back to idle. Speed brakes and flaps are GREAT! Actually having a bit of trouble with the buttons. Finding all the right offsets. They are there just not what you would think and I have never tried to do offsets from within FSUIPC before. Center council is already to be painted Grey and I will do the forward avionics bay next week. Also will get the last piece of floor in and move the "desk" outside of the sim. I have the toner for my laser color printer on the way so I think next week I will start on the over head.. So things are going nicely. And yes Trevor, I think we can get your throttles to stop what they are doing. I got mine to stop.:)

NicD
04-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi Bob - my TQ does exactly the same thing re: the reversers. Take a look at throttle 1 in FSUIPC interface and see if it's noisy (jittery digital values). Mine is and this is why FSUIPC believes that that throttle 1 is not at idle and will therefore not engage reverse. I'm planning to replace the pot one rainy day ... but wondering now if there is some other systemic problem?

Trevor Hale
04-21-2007, 08:12 PM
I can only hope that with the new Plazma card, I will be able to synchronize the throttles.

If not. I will make the plunge and buy simboards to do it.

Bob Reed
04-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Well Trevor.. First off, are the real ones synced? I mean we are looking for real, right? I mean if you want them all synced, just hit the sync button. And don't add all the pots..... Now I do have the reverses working right. Took some work and slight edit to the FSUIPC.ini file.... The TQ is all in and programed... So I am now working on the center council. Whew... Looking good.

Bob Reed
04-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Once again after a number of days of working on the sim.. There are more picture. I will be posting more tonight after a shoot a few with the sim running. http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?limit=last1&cat= Enjoy!!:p

Trevor Hale
04-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Looks awesome Bob.

Great Job

NicD
04-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Well Trevor.. First off, are the real ones synced? I mean we are looking for real, right? I mean if you want them all synced, just hit the sync button. And don't add all the pots..... Now I do have the reverses working right. Took some work and slight edit to the FSUIPC.ini file.... The TQ is all in and programed... So I am now working on the center council. Whew... Looking good.

Hi Bob - what FSUIPC setting fixed the TQ? I was thinking to manually change the idle value a bit above minimum on the pot.

Radar
04-24-2007, 12:22 AM
:cool: Holly Cow! Bob. Great setup. especially
your TQ. Beautiful.

Bob Reed
04-24-2007, 01:02 AM
That is the setting I messed with Nic...Still a little to do but I am pretty happy may do just a little more tweaking on that setting.

Bob Reed
05-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Been working on the pit. Not to much to show just yet. Mostly buying things and getting ready for the next build. I have a CH Yoke to go into the FO's side temporarily, bought a bunch of switches to work on the OH. Still sorting out a few issues with the TQ and Epic. Bought the paint to start making the wood color go away and I have advanced on making a few of my own panels. More to come so stay tunned!!

Bob Reed
05-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Now for a report on the real fun! There where 4 of us on a online sever yesterday flying about! We had 3 jets and a helo! Man was that fun! My system worked fine for the most part one slug but I think it was a faulty program I tried to use. We will be at it again soon. Let us know if you are interested in joining in!

Bob Reed
05-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Well folks again not a lot going on to show you but work continues. I have the weather program in and working. Today I will get some Go-Flight buttons working with it. Been doing a lot of flying which again I stress is very important! It does 2 things for ya.
1.) It lets you see what still needs work and what woks well.
2.) I get more ideas of what I want when I am flying.
I did get the second yoke working now I have to build a stand for it. My Epic software is giving me trouble so I have contacted Ralph and he is looking at my code to see if I screwed something up.. Probably... Oh well back to work!!

Bob Reed
06-27-2007, 01:42 AM
Well my friends. It is good to be here since it has been so long since I posted about my project last. Things are going well. I see by my last post I had the weather program working well I have broke it. No idea what is wrong with it will have to dig a little. I have been flying a LOT!! And there has been a fair amount of work done. New back lighting, second 42" monitor added ( still working on how this works) http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=542 There are a number of new photos in here. Also been playing with sound sets and what a difference that makes in the whole flying experience. Well all refueled gotta run.....

Matt Olieman
06-27-2007, 12:18 PM
That really looks good Bob :) Thanks for sharing your project :) :) as always :) and of course your fantastic support.

Bob Reed
06-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Well I have done a little more tweaking... What do you guys think? http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=542

Michael Carter
06-28-2007, 10:19 PM
That looks great Bob. The image is spot on, dead center.

Bob Reed
07-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Work continues. I have programed the FO's Efis panel, with NicD's help I have my sounds real nice. I am in the process of setting up the RCDU from PM and I have been working on dual controls. I should have more on this soon. A few more adjustments on the video and lots of flying! I can not tell you how much this sim has changed in the last 6 months. I have posted some new pics of the video setup in the last week or so. Back to work! http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=542

Trevor Hale
07-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Looks Great Bob.. Get that baby whipped into shape. It is going to fly a lot at the end of the month :)

Bob Reed
07-25-2007, 11:36 PM
Well the CDU bay is in! WOW things just keep getting better! Hard to believe this was just a storage space back in December and my Pit was in boxes. I think it is ready Trevor.. I have a few little finishing touches to get done but the sim is what it is for your visit.... Here is the latest.... http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=542 First 2 pics.. Moer to come...

Trevor Hale
07-26-2007, 08:09 AM
OMG! Absolutely amazing. I think it's great you got that 15" monitor and PSone screen to fit behind it. I wasn't sure how you were going to be able to do that. Stunning Bob. Can't wait to see it Sunday.

Trev

Bob Reed
07-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Now with all that I have gotten done in the last few weeks the next step will be the Glare Shield. I need to get this done. I do have the 6 packs all ready to go along with the Master Caution annunciators... So much to do.. SO little time.. Not my saying but I do like it!

mauriceb
07-28-2007, 05:58 PM
I just have to say that you guys who do it the hard way (you know who you are) are absolutely amazing. Building a flight deck & just using plug & play components is hard enough as it is, and I'm just amazed at your ingenuity, resourcefulness and determination :shock:.

I've gone the 'easy' route (aside from my throttle) and I find the going very tough as it is and I can't imagine trying it your way. So, kudos to all of you who manage to do what many of us would say is impossible. You truly deserve a big round of applause.

Maurice

Bob Reed
07-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Hi Maurice. Thank you for that but.... I have to say I have not always been what I am today as a builder. There was a time (and still do from time to time) I would just sit a stare and say man I would like to be able to do that. And if you look I have still not tackled a TQ! So I think you are one step a head of me. The thing to remember is each person does what he (or she) is comfortable with and that is how it goes. I look at your sim and it is a remarkable work to me.

Bob Reed
07-31-2007, 09:37 AM
Ok time for an update on what I have been working on for the last couple of weeks. Yesterday I had Trevor Hale here for a visit. Guys, if you have the chance to get together with any of the other builders here to fly your sims, DO IT!!!! I can not tel you how AWESOME it was! 2 nuts in one sim flying it like a crew. It was just awesome. Now for the 2 weeks up until then I had been busy doing things that I had been putting off for a long while. Adding the second monitor, finishing up some of the wiring, building the CDU bay... I could go on for a while. Although the sim needed a little bit of tweaking once we started flying I have to say the thing flew pretty good! It was just so much fun to have a fellow enthusiast sitting next to me in MY simulator... I have gone and flown other peoples sims in the past and had them tell me it was a privilege to have me fly it and thought ya ok It was I who was privileged!! But now I KNOW it is true it was pure enjoyment and a privilege that I had Trevor here to see and fly my sim... Pictures to follow.... (just have to make the smaller)

Bob Reed
07-31-2007, 12:22 PM
Ok folks. If you have emailed me any questions about my interface board at HCBParts.. I need you to email me again. I just had a catisstrophic drive failuer and lost everything on my internet computer. Also means I lost most of my pics of Trevor's visit.... I think I gave them to him.. I hope... Any way I will be slpending most of today rebuilding the machine.:evil::twisted:

Michael Carter
07-31-2007, 02:00 PM
You've got mail!

Bob Reed
07-31-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks BSW!!!!

Michael Carter
07-31-2007, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the e-mail. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Bob Reed
08-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Can't believe that it has been almost a month since I last updated this thread! Things are going in the "you can't see them" category. Still working on the sound set and I have made a few tweaks to the video. Did more programing on the EPIC to get my speed window on the MCP working more the way it should This one area of programing has taken the most work with a lot left to do. I can now set it to IAS or Mach and adjust it. What does not work as of yet is the blanking of the window when the AP takes over the speed (which comes from the CDU) or for the MCP to "grab" the current speed when I switch. A work in progress but it is getting there. I am looking at BSW's crew seats with interest and I think I may go the same route as he did. But I will look around in a few of the junk yards around here to see what a decent set of "Captains" seats goes for before I do all that work. They have to be COMFORTABLE in order to spend hours setting in them! I have added a temporary tiller and man what a difference this make to taxing around on the ground! Also working on the plans for the glare shield... More to come....

ekezz
08-16-2007, 02:19 PM
What did you attach the tiller to? a sliding pot and phidgets?

Bob Reed
08-16-2007, 02:36 PM
What did you attach the tiller to? a sliding pot and phidgets?

Actually... Let me explain what I did but you could do the same thing with any joystick and FSUIPC. I have a old game port joystick the I plugged into one of the joystick (gameport) ports on my EPIC. Now after doing the programing in EPIC to get it to see the joystick, Windows just sees it as Windows game device (joystick) nothing fancy. Go into the Windows calibrate screen and calibrate it. Now this does have to be attached to the FS machine, Fire up FS and go into FSUIPC, set the axis as the steering tiler, go to joystick calibration and set it there.. And now you have a tiller in FS. Oh yes once you start FS you will need to go into the joystick setup and delete the axis FS assigns to the new joystick. This would work with any USB or Gameport joystick that you can hook to the FS machine.

mauriceb
08-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Did more programing on the EPIC to get my speed window on the MCP working

Just hearing the word EPIC makes my skin crawl :D. You must be one of the true pioneers in this business. ;)

Maurice

Bob Reed
08-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Just hearing the word EPIC makes my skin crawl :D. You must be one of the true pioneers in this business. ;)

Maurice

Well I have been around a while..yes... But to be honest here, I have found NOTHING to take the place of my EPIC yet and trust me, I have looked!! I would like nothing better then to find something easer yet as powerful to work with....

Trevor Hale
08-16-2007, 03:26 PM

Maurice

Hey Maurice.. Bob's skin Crawls every time he programs it though. You should hear him.... I have to keep reminding him that EPIC is his friend. Problem is, EPIC always wants revenge... LOL

Bob Reed
08-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Hey Maurice.. Bob's skin Crawls every time he programs it though. You should hear him.... I have to keep reminding him that EPIC is his friend. Problem is, EPIC always wants revenge... LOL

Hmmmmffff!!!!!!:twisted:

Bob Reed
10-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Been a while since I posted last. I have been doing a lot of work that you can not see. Like tweaking the throttle curves so I get the right amount of movement on the levers.. And I am putting an old FDS Nova CDU together and I will replace my bizz jet one with it soon. I have switches my visuals over so that instead of using analog inputs I am using the digital which has made a huge difference in my visuals. Looks like I was looking through a sheet and some one pulled it away... So although there is not much to see there has been a lot of work going on........

Michael Carter
10-01-2007, 10:53 PM
I know what you mean Bob.

I had a crash about three months ago that took out #1 throttle. Still haven't sinc'ed it to the other two yet.

Amazingly enough, I've seen cockpit photos of the 727 where NONE of the throttles are sync'ed. Just set the power for each one and go I guess.

I gotta get #1 synced up one of these days. I'm so used to flying it the way it is that I'm used to it now. ;)

Edited for a shameless 727 plug.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/boeing722/Controlstand1.jpg

Bob Reed
10-01-2007, 11:10 PM
I love that throttle guy...... Any way I would only move my throttles about an inch and I would be at 40%N1 so I didn't like that so I have been plying with the settings to get more movement. Not where I want it just yet but better...

Michael Carter
10-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Ooh, no, that's not good. My #1 is only about 15% N1 behind the other two. At a take-off EPR of 2.00 under standard conditions, all three are sync'ed together.

It's all the other power settings for #1 that are off. At least they are all playing together at a critical time. I hafta watch though, when I pull the throttles back for climb to FL100 after 3.

Trevor Hale
10-02-2007, 07:58 AM
In real life.... Engines that appear to not be synchronized is a sign of poor maintenance. I have seen some aircraft in a lot worse shape then others. So get those throttles synchronized otherwise the FAA may have to step in on ya! :)

Tomlin
10-02-2007, 09:08 AM
I havent followed this thread in a long time, and I ran across this picture here: http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1521

What airport/scenery is that? It looks very good.

Bob Reed
10-02-2007, 10:53 AM
I havent followed this thread in a long time, and I ran across this picture here: http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1521

What airport/scenery is that? It looks very good.

If I am not mistaken, that is Ronald Reagan in DC... But I will verify that as I think I am going to fire up the sim today. No it is not all stock scenery.... It looks better in the daylight!!

Geremy Britton
10-02-2007, 11:03 AM
boeingskunkworks,

do you actually have the com panels on your pedestal connected with flight sim.

Michael Carter
10-02-2007, 06:41 PM
No, that's one of those projects I haven't gotten around to yet. But it would look bad if the holes weren't filled.

Geremy Britton
10-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks let me know how you get on with that because i have a real aircraft transponder but i'm unsure as to how a would be able to get the meaninless turns of the transponder connected with flight sim.

Geremy