PDA

View Full Version : Slider pot travel

nosecone
12-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Hi all

I am going to use Leo Bodnar’s control board along with slider pots connected to my aircraft controls.
If I use slider pots and connect those to my cyclic rods, if my cyclic moves the full distance but only moves the slider pot part of the distance forward and back am I able to get the full movement in the joystick software even if the pot does not move the full distance

Cheers

Rhys

Rodney
12-04-2008, 08:36 PM
I would think that the software only sees the movement as a start and stop - min/max. This might help too. http://sound.westhost.com/pots.htm

Trevor Hale
12-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Hi all

I am going to use Leo Bodnar’s control board along with slider pots connected to my aircraft controls.
If I use slider pots and connect those to my cyclic rods, if my cyclic moves the full distance but only moves the slider pot part of the distance forward and back am I able to can get the full movement in the joystick software even if the pot does not move the full distance

Cheers

Rhys

I would suggest that you calibrate these slider pots in FSUIPC. Once you do that and you set the MIN, and the MAX, it will make no difference if the slide pot travels 1/4 of the way or the full deflection. min is min and max is (the max distance you can move it) full stop.

So no worries.

Trev

nosecone
12-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks guys, just the info I wanted

Cheers

Rhys