PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a copy of FS2Phidgets 4.3.6?

Daveanne
11-22-2008, 06:44 PM
has anyone got a copy of FS2Phidgets 4.3.6 the present one for download is 4.3.7 but it has a bug in it.

Can anyone help?

Daveanne

AchillesP
11-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Which bug?

Daveanne
11-23-2008, 12:07 PM
When connecting my Phidgets Advanced Servo 8 board to the USB-port, FS2Phidgets 4.3.7 gives me runtime error 438 "Object doesn't support this property or method" and then the program exit.
I have installed the latest phidgets.msi and running WinXP.

Alan said he was going to post version 4.3.8 however that was 2 weeks ago, as far as I understand Alans PC has gone up the swanny, so he can't get a new version out.

Do you have version 4.3.6?

Daveanne

AndyT
11-23-2008, 02:25 PM
As I understand it, The error is in the library, not FS2Phidgets.
I've been in contact with Alan and he is working on a solution.

Daveanne
11-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks Andy, the mud is a little clearer now, do you know of a good "step by step" tutorial on using the '8' for TQ motorisation?

Daveanne

AndyT
11-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Sorry. I don't know of any tutorials that cover that.

Daveanne
11-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Alan, a very, very sincere thank-you for sorting out the FS2phidgets interface, after reading through your excellent notes I was able to set it up and it worked first time without any problems at all.

One question if I may? the readouts from FS9 appear to be rather erratic, which makes the servo's "twitch" about, is there any way that they can be calmed down to follow the throttle correctly?

I have tried adjusting the ms times to give a better, smoother responce but its still "jerky" in operation, also the "slew" speed adjustment doesn't appear to have any effect on the servo's movement, acceleration or speed.

However, well done for sorting the programme out, its fantastic and so easy to use, well done...!

Daveanne