PDA

View Full Version : New MIP Poll

AndyT
11-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Ok, I'm ready to do one of two things;
Cover my new MIP with the woodgrain pattern or paint the whole thing black. I'm undecided either way and I would like to know what you all think. If you like a different color, then list it below.

AndyT
11-19-2008, 11:30 PM
Well, I was undecided and I was going to paint it black anyway as an undercoat but now I think I'll make it black all the way around. It will fit in with my planned lighting scheme really nicely also.

Jackpilot
11-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Andy
Black is fine but most panels are in shades of flat or satin "greyish/bluish/tanish", which contrast nicely with the black of the gauges, the glareshield and lower trim.
I discovered by fluke that some blue/grey auto primers do a wonderful job.
Used that for my cocckpit seats and it really gives a good finish.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/jackpilot/after.jpg

Michael Carter
11-20-2008, 12:06 AM
I guess I'm in the minority for woodgrain.

Ever since I saw a wood grain MIP on a Cessna Cardinal I had the pleasure of flying I've never forgotten it.

The automotive paint looks good on that.

AndyT
11-20-2008, 04:18 AM
I think what I'm going to do is paint it a satin black and install my instruments in it. If I don't care for it I can always add the woodgrain covering later. But I have an idea for night lighting I want to try and black would fit the scheme exceptionally well. I'm not sure how the woodgrain would look though...

Padraig
11-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Same as Mike, I voted for the woodgrain finish. Seen that finish in a few pictures of private aircraft and man, its nice.

Good luck at what ever you choose. Looking forward to some pictures when it's finished.

Efe Cem Elci
11-20-2008, 08:51 AM
I voted black, mainly cause I wasn't sure how woodgrain would look.

AndyT
11-21-2008, 12:08 AM
Woodgrain is picking up! Hmm... Look at my blog for the latest pix.