PDA

View Full Version : Terrain and WXR setup questions for PM

Kris Stow
11-15-2008, 01:46 PM
I currently am running the PMRJv91 on my client machine #1 and Whazzup Plus on client #2 via WideFS7.
All has new drivers (ie video, Net frameworks, XP SP2, MS SDK SP2).

My questions is about the WX and Terrain.

1. Please could you give me a detailed instruction on how to make the PMRJ ND see the terrain produced from Whazzup Plus if my explanation on how I am doing it below is wrong.

I have been over to the Geo site and downloaded "ALL" the .zip files and extracted each ones .dem file into my C:Whazzup/Terrian Data/ folder as instructed. Then I opened Whazzup (build 260) hit the "D" key and is shows the terrain just fine, so then I hit the "S" key and it gives a more detailed "Block"section so can save it as what ever I want to call it lets say "X". (now its saves in both de1 and .de2 files into c:Whazzup/Terrain). Once that is completed I open up Whazzup/Terrain folder copy both the new X.de1 and X.de2 files then paste into PMRJ Terrain folder on the Client machine #1 via mapped drive on my network, but still I see nothing from 0 to FL20 (with WXR on and off).

2. WXR. I can see the weather on my ND but when I turn on the sweep motion all goes away and stays away until i turn the sweep function back in the un-clicked position and it comes back on and works good but stays solid and not realistic..

Anyones help in this matter would be great.

AchillesP
11-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi,

Very simple. Open whazzup plus and pick an area. Export it and then inside the folder you will see the file. Move it at the pdf/terrain folder

Trevor Hale
11-16-2008, 09:51 AM
As for your weather, run the program called PMGetweather. this software will export an updated weather image to the ND. in the Ini file change the line that says so radar sweep=on

Save the file and restart the software.

Trev

Kris Stow
11-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi,

Very simple. Open whazzup plus and pick an area. Export it and then inside the folder you will see the file. Move it at the pdf/terrain folder

Achilles,

Ok got the pic the area part, but explain in more details how to export and to where, then what to do.. as this is where I think im getting it all wrong.

Also I'm not understanding "move it at the pdf/terrain folder". I think the PDF is throwing me off and are your speaking of the terrain folder under the PMRJ and not the whazzup?

As for your weather, run the program called PMGetweather. this software will export an updated weather image to the ND. in the Ini file change the line that says so radar sweep=on

Save the file and restart the software.

Trev

Trev,

I downloaded the PMGetweather, when trying to install on both my client or my PMRJ computer I get an runtime error stating "no pm.dll found" any ideas?. I have checked on the PMRJ computer that it has the pm.dll file in the there, and it does.

Again my problem is not that I can't get weather just cant get the weather with the sweep function on. With the sweep action checked on = no wxr; with it de-checked off= works fine.

When in the .ini file found the sweep off, is that the same thing as doing it in the Menu under the program itself? So even though i turn it on and off via the software menu it doesn't change it in the ini?

I will try that ini change tonight. and report back.

Has anyone gotten the terrain "and" the weather running at the same time on the same ND?

rt72
11-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Can you roll back to Build 90 and see if it works there? I think 91 is an alpha version.

Kris Stow
11-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Can you roll back to Build 90 and see if it works there? I think 91 is an alpha version.

Did one better I uninstalled PMRJ all together, then re-installed to v88. Everything worked fine so then I updated to v90. Still good and now I'm on v91a and everything is working fine got good wxr sweep and my terrain files that I save via Whazzup plus seem to be working good.

Thanks Rick good idea on trying previous version!! I don't know what happened must have had some problems with either the registry files or the pmrj.dll. Any who Im off to do an approach in Aspen (KASE) with terrain and weather!!:p:p