PDA

View Full Version : Probably a stupid question on PM+OC modules

barkay
11-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Hi everyone,

When using say PM software from different computers together with B737 airplanes PM seems to read the PFD/ND values and EICAS values correctly but the MCPand EFIS does not get the commands from SIOC. To not to make anya assumption error please correct me if I am wrong.

1 - SIOC always works on the FSIM computer correct?

2 - If PM modules are on different computers OC MCP and EFIS must be connected to that computer physically.

2.1 - If not and every hardware is connected to FSIM PC How will I send the SIOC codes to MCP module of PM residing on different PC?

3 - If I connect a different OC cards say DC motors to another computer and run its corresponding from there how will I send the commanda to SIOC?

Looks like I have a problem with networking. Will appreciate masters help on this

regards

barkay

Rodney
11-12-2008, 02:51 AM
I don't have much experience with SOIC but i had it running on my FS computer and the OC EFIS was physically plugged into a USB hub that was shared along the network. Others that are more knowledgeable will share.

aviatorden
11-12-2008, 02:14 PM
If your talking about Project Magenta, the handshaking is done with WideFS and FSUIPC and the PM Configuration files

Den

Padraig
11-12-2008, 04:13 PM
I havent networked opencockpits gear in a long time, but I think you need to run WIDEFS on the networked machines, As in regards the SIOC, im not sure if that application would talk directly to WideFS and then, WideFS pass on the information directly to your main PC. There might be also another program like wideFs for for SIOC. Have a look at both WideFS and also on the Open cockpits website in the download section.

I dont know if the above is your fix or not, but at least you can try it out, while somebody else gives their two cents on the matter that actually have OC hardware networked.

barkay
11-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Guys thank you very much.

It looks like the problem is something else. I am trying to solve this with another method right now to make sure that this is not aircaft specific.

Will let you know once progressed.

Best Regards

barkay