PDA

View Full Version : Sioc connection via a network

barkay
11-08-2008, 02:36 AM
Hi Guys,

Just got back with my new FMC I got from fsweekend show. Since the main computer is now full of bingo bongos it seems like I can only connet it to the output of the second computer on the netwrok to get the picture.

Problem:

How can connect the second computer SIOC to the main one. I have tried to change some parameters on the sioc.ini file of the client computer but it did not work. I am sure there is an easy way.

Help will be appreciated with examples if any present.

Best Regards,

barkay

Suggy
11-08-2008, 06:38 AM
Do not fully understand your post but SIOC has to be running on the computer where the IOCard is connected to - you cannot run SIOC over a network as a seperate programme issuing commands to the IOCard which is on another computer.
Regards,
Darren Sugden

Kennair
11-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Barkey, you'll need another program such as WideFS or IOCPServer to communicate across network PC's. SIOC won't do it on its own.

Ken.

Suggy
11-08-2008, 08:00 AM
...but SIOC MUST be on the computer where IOCards are connected to. It can't run over WideFS.
Regards,
Darren

barkay
11-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Hello again,

I made a mistake. I am not running SIOC on a network config. It runs on the main computer. However if I connect any cards to another computer I must be able to connect via IOCP client.

That was the question, so here you go again

Best regards,

barkay