PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to the USA

mauriceb
11-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Regardless of your political affiliation, last night was a great night for democracy in America. Congratulations for showing the whole world that democracy is still alive & well in the USA.

Maurice
ps. Don't mean/want to start a political discussion here.

Matt Olieman
11-05-2008, 12:50 PM
ps. Don't mean/want to start a political discussion here.

Thanks, I'll 2nd that.... and agree with your first statement!!!! :) :)

Matt Olieman

Efe Cem Elci
11-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Thanks to the USA...

but

Congratulations to the world...

magicaldr
11-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Best bit, the media here may now start reporting on our politicians not US election ;) Not that I minded, been interesting to follow, even from afar.

Congrats to Mr Obhama, I wish him well, he has a hard job ahead of him. In our connected world we stand or fall together. While I cant say which candidate was better as I am not from the States, I must say both impressed me on election night. One with his eloquence in victory, the other in his graciousness in defeat.

Looks like you guys have some inspired people working in politics over there, not a bad thing at all.

N242AM
11-05-2008, 10:57 PM
As a U.S. citizen who did vote, if you look at the issues and not the person, we are in big trouble.

Again, I'm referring to the issues not a person. That is how I voted, on the issues.

Compliments on our system of democracy are most graciously appreciated.

Padraig
11-05-2008, 11:03 PM
I wish him well also, It was a tough campaign between the two of them. Lets see what the future holds ahead.

Believe it or not, the USA has a big impact on the EU also.

AndyT
11-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Personally, I did not want either of them to win. I voted third party. But, that's how it came out in the wash, so I just have to make the best of it now.

I pray that the leadership of the world be blessed with wisdom and the sincere desire for peace.