PDA

View Full Version : PMRJ WX Sweep

Kris Stow
11-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Guys,

I have a funny problem that I'm not to sure about. I am currently using the PMRJ v91. The problem that exists is using the weather function.

In the menu section by hitting esc key there is a toggle for weather sweep. When enabling this function my weather goes away all together; every now in then you will see a little blip on the lower right hand corner of the ND like it wants to start to sweep across but never does. Any ideas?

I left it enabled for an entire 2hr flight the other night and still nothing, and when I deactivate the sweep function and leaving just weather on all works fine.

Regards,

rt72
11-05-2008, 01:54 PM
I'll test mine out later tonight and see what I get.

I was having trouble when I first installed it and was getting a similar thing as you're getting. There's a post in the PM area here somewhere. I've never changed the sweep mode, so I don't know if I've got it on or off currently.

I had to install a clean PMRJ instance and all was fine after that.

Tomlin
11-05-2008, 02:17 PM
As a follow-on while we are talking about the weather radar, I have another issue:

I can run PMRJ and PM Getweather, but I have no weather radar showing still. I then try to get it via Whazzup and I get an error telling me that the software cannot be ran on that computer. The particular PC it's installed on runs PMRJ just fine btw.

Kris Stow
11-05-2008, 03:33 PM
I seems that i can get my wx sweep to work ok now its an on and off thing depends on if Im in windowed mode or not so im thinking thats the probem.

Now the next thing is; I'm doing all terrain setup with .DE1 and .DE2 files and saving into the PMRJ terrain folder but sometimes it doesnt show up.. humm... Is there a way for Whazzup Plus to auto save in the PMRJ terrain folder without me having to transfer every time I hit the S key on Whazzup and them saving into the Whazzup Terrain folder?

Also where do you change the save folder, looked in the .ini file but it only shows where it saves the DEV files..

Kris Stow
11-05-2008, 03:52 PM
As a follow-on while we are talking about the weather radar, I have another issue:

I can run PMRJ and PM Getweather, but I have no weather radar showing still. I then try to get it via Whazzup and I get an error telling me that the software cannot be ran on that computer. The particular PC it's installed on runs PMRJ just fine btw.

I think you need to uninstall your PM Getweather. I had the reverse, had Whazzup Plus installed and tried to install PM Getweather and I got the same error you got.

As being an owner of PMRJ email support (Katy) and she will send you a active code for Whazzup Plus.

The pros over PM getweather and switching to Whazzup Plus is that you will be able to have terrain option. That's if you can get it to work, this is what i am having a problem with now sometime i can get it to show and its awesome athen i change my flight to somewhere else load all the de1 and de2 files and its doesn't show. So i dunno just going to keep messing with it.

rt72
11-05-2008, 11:28 PM
I've never been able to get terrain to work, so you guys are ahead of me. :D

As for my weather in PMRJ, it works fine with sweep on or off. I'm using SA-WXR BTW (It models the weather from AS rather than using the actual satellite images).

Padraig
11-05-2008, 11:39 PM
As I am also a customer of Project Magenta , I think the best email for when you need to register your software application is

register(At)projectmagneta.com

This is what they say on their site, and I have always got a speedy reply via that email address.

simufsx
03-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Hello,
I have the same problem I can not have the scan on my gauge pmrj. What is the solution for this scan.
Thank you in advance

BlackWidow
03-21-2011, 09:37 PM
I get the exact same problem with the scan feature.