PDA

View Full Version : Left & right outside views?

manhattan
11-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Hiya.

Anyone know how to create left and right outside views? I use a 3togo for the front views. Would a 500mb dual head card do the trick - or a large single head with a 2togo?

Thanks.

TONY. UK

oal331
11-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Hiya.

Anyone know how to create left and right outside views? I use a 3togo for the front views. Would a 500mb dual head card do the trick - or a large single head with a 2togo?

Thanks.

TONY. UK

Tony,

When you are writing 2togo you mean TripleHead2Go?
Anyway, the are some diferent options in this issue.

First is to use oe TH2GO with 3 projectors or big TFT monitors (one for front view, other 2 for side views).

Second solution, people used in the past before TH2GO, is widview. But you need more FS pcs and the cloudes will not be the same in all window views!!

Third option is to use more VGAs in the same Pc. Some MOBOs suppoert more than one PCI Express, or there are some new Matrox Dual ro Triple Head Vgas.

If i was in this stage, i would prefer the first option

Regards

Eddie

N242AM
11-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Could someone explain this to me?

Does the TripleHead2Go simply "stretch" the FSX/FS9 forward view or does it actually add the forward-left and forward-right quarter views?

What I mean is, with the TH2Go, are you really seeing more, wider angle of view, or is the unit just stretching the forward view to make the forward look wider? I have read many reports on the unit but still do not understand what it does for FSX/FS9.

Has anyone ever placed their aircraft in a static location and compared the forward-left, forward, and forward-right views to what is seen with the TH2Go? Do you see more with one vs the other?

For simplicity, let's say the forward view is 45 degrees and so is each quarter view. That would give an angle of view of 135 degrees. Does the TH2Go provide less, the same, or more?

brynjames
11-06-2008, 06:13 PM
I can't remember the exact numbers, but the TH2GO basically presents one wide forward view, which is significantly wider (in angular field of view) than a normal single monitor forward view. (I'm talking here of the field of view in the FS world, not the view from the user eyepoint sitting at the PC). The geometry of the operation means that the angular field of view covered by the two outer monitors is quite a bit less than the angular field of view on the centre monitor, in other words the images on the two outer monitors look a bit s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d.

Just measured: at 0.31 zoom VC, the two outer screens give approx 29 degrees each, and the middle screen 46 degrees, for a total of 104 degrees. Zoom can be forced to 0.28 by entering that number in the view menu box, which would increase the total slightly.

After using a TH2GO I would never go back!

--
Bryn

oal331
11-06-2008, 06:20 PM
I don't have a TH2GO, but i believe that gives you more space to display more view, by zoom out the external view.
Having a TH2GO with 3big screens or 3 projectors you can zoom out by pressing minus key "-" to 0,75 or 0,50 having like this a wider view area.

Is this correct ?......, please to confirm from people already use a TH2GO

Eddie

oal331
11-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Bryn,

i just saw your post, thanks for your post

Eddie

N242AM
11-06-2008, 07:04 PM
A wee bit clearer but still in the fog.

Why would you use the zoom? I do realize that zooming back brings more of the outside into view. However that does affect the size reference of the runway.

What I am looking for is, do you truely get a wider view with the TH2Go? Currently I fly with no panels and in 2d mode. I have yoke buttons set so I can press one for the forward view and four others for left, quarter-left, quarter-right and right.

So by pressing the buttons I can see a bit over 180 degrees field of view. To eliminate the need for the extra button presses, by adding a TH2Go and two additional monitors, will I then see exactly the same outside view but without having to utilize the two quarter views?

As an example, say you're are on a left base to final. To see the runway I would need to press a button to change to the left-quarter view. With the TH2Go, would I be able to see the runway in the left monitor?

NicD
11-06-2008, 07:21 PM
the th2go gives you more front view along a line 90 degrees to your eyepoint... going wider left and right from the centre of the view (not stretched, and not at a 45 degree angle)

this may help... but ignore the 5-view window bits for now (thats for wrap around view only) http://www.insitesolutions.com.au/737project/design_visuals_develop_v2.htm

N242AM
11-06-2008, 07:50 PM
As in the saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words", that is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you so much!

manhattan
11-07-2008, 04:30 AM
Tony,

When you are writing 2togo you mean TripleHead2Go?
Anyway, the are some diferent options in this issue.

First is to use oe TH2GO with 3 projectors or big TFT monitors (one for front view, other 2 for side views).

Second solution, people used in the past before TH2GO, is widview. But you need more FS pcs and the cloudes will not be the same in all window views!!

Third option is to use more VGAs in the same Pc. Some MOBOs suppoert more than one PCI Express, or there are some new Matrox Dual ro Triple Head Vgas.

If i was in this stage, i would prefer the first option

Regards

Eddie

No - I mean two to go as opposed to three to go. I am hoping that a two to go will provide side views, but I am not sure what type of graphics card to use for this? Would a single output, 250mb or larger do the trick? I don't want to mess up the forward views or alter frame rates!

Any help from anyone appreciated.

TONY. UK