PDA

View Full Version : How to show only 2 gauges in engine page

Tony
11-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Hi,

How can I set the engine page of the GC to only show the N1 and EGT gauges instaed of all 4 gauges.

Tony

Trevor Hale
11-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Thats an interesting question.

The GC Software detects the number of engines from the flight model, therefore if you open up a 747 aircraft in flight sim, it will automatically display 4 engines, you can select Round or square gauges through the ini file.

However if you open an aircraft with one engine, it will default to a 2 engine display, showing only one engine running.

If you open a 3 engine aircraft, it will automatically display all three engines.

So basically if you are using a 2 engine aircraft, and PM is showing you all 4 engines then you have one of two problems,

Either the Aircraft you have selected is very poor and doesn't clearly identify the number of engines (you can edit the aircraft config file and change this in the number of engines section) Or you have a problem where PM is not communicating with flightsim properly.

It is also possible that if your aircraft.cfg file shows 2 engines, and your pm is showing 4, that the .air file used to create the aircraft may be from a 4 engine aircraft, remember that the .air file overrides a .cfg file.

Good Luck,

Trev

Michael Carter
11-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Trevor, I think he means that he doesn't want Fuel flow and N2 rotor speed to show up.

Similar to what I do when flying. I move the engine stack pop-up window low on the right of the outside display monitor so that only EPR and N1 is showing for each engine.

I'll have to keep doing this until I find the right size monitor for the panel.

Tony
11-05-2008, 04:46 AM
Hi,

Correct Michael.
This picture shows what Im trying to achieve :

http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3397

Kind regards
Tony

Michael Carter
11-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Were you going to use that space for other guages or indicators?

Trevor Hale
11-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Oh Ok. Well if you check the documentation you will see many key strokes that effect what is displayed....

I beleive the TAB Key will cycle through the different display views. But I could be wrong.

Trev

Tony
11-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Thanks Trevor, have tried all tabs and keys positions already and ... even read the documentation .

Will ask PM .

Michael, the picture shows all gauges and indicators that I would like to see in that panel.
I think this configuration is widely used for 737ng in real flight.

Kind regards
Tony

eudoniga
11-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Hi Tony,
even if you already got an answer from the PM Support Team,
you may wanna take a look at the FSUIPC Advanced User's Manual for a more general view about these kind of needs.
It does contain a list of offsets and parameters which can be assigned to key presses or hardware button presses, and you'll find there all that is needed to interact with the PM software, producing the wanted behavior on command.
I used it, for instance, for programming a button with the Fuel Flow / Fuel Used display switch, the Fuel Used reset switch, etc.
Good study,
Eu.

Jackpilot
11-18-2008, 09:26 AM
"I used it, for instance, for programming a button with the Fuel Flow / Fuel Used display switch, the Fuel Used reset switch, etc.
Good study,
Eu."

How do you do that....(offset illiterate!)
jack

Tony
11-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the tip EU.
Will have a look at it and give it a try.

PM apparantly does not understand what I want and "never had this question before" according to Jonathan.

Kind regards
Tony

eudoniga
11-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Tony: ... really ? There's always a first time ! ;)
Anyhow, changing the EICAS layout should be necessary only for the first time, since you expect the program to save and recall that setting upon next startup.

By the way, I took the time to download the FSUIPC doc here at the office so that - despite the fact that I have no simulator here (<VBG>) I can point you to this particular FSUIPC command (and I'll do this for Jack's safe too ...).

From the keypress programming / button programming section of FSUIPC (accessible via FS2004 menu, "Modules" submenu) , after identifying the desidered key / button, simply use the drop-down command list, and point to
"PM GC controls (by param)"
with a parameter that ought to be (seen on page 35 of FSUIPC for Advanced Users.pdf):
20 to cycle the engine pages forward
21 to cycle the engine pages back

That's it.

Have fun, guys !
Eu