PDA

View Full Version : A Whole Bunch of Questions for the Rich

coolmanak
11-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Hello everybody, and most importantly the a320 experts.

I am designing an A320 home cockpit, and I have some questions about 'choice of the airlines'.

I want to know what things in the cockpit can be customized by airliners choice. Unfortunately, Airbus requires you to *order* the aircraft before you can select all the options, and with the current economy, I think it might be pushing it a little bit to buy an A320.

So for anybody who might know, I would like to know the following things:

Is the carpet colour in the cockpit chosen by the airline, or is that fixed?
Is the carpet colour in the *cabin* chosen by the airline, or is that also fixed?
Can A320s be equipped with in flight entertainment and those in-seat-phones?
What other options can be chosen in the cockpit?
Can you just link me to a website with all this information about customizing an A320?

AndyT
11-02-2008, 10:09 PM
As far as I know ALL TRIM colors are chosen by the purchaser. Any control system uses the standard colors.

coolmanak
11-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks!

Do you happen to know where I might find a carpet shop that sells orange or gray carpet?

I wish I knew what types of chairs and in flight entertainment I can get for my virtual cabin.

AndyT
11-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Check carpet shops in your area for cast offs and remmants. Take them something the color you want and see what they have.

coolmanak
11-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the advice!

By the way, do you know any utilities one might use to design their own cockpit style? I'm entering a local competition for designing the 'A360', but have nothing to use.

AndyT
11-02-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if you need software to do 3D designing, then try Google Sketchup.

Michael Carter
11-02-2008, 11:58 PM
There is a 360° video around somewhere of an Airbus cockpit I believe. You could search for this on Google or uTube or elsewhere.

Cockpit textiles are not cheap if you want the real thing. The upside is that they are obtainable at cheaper rates than electronics and components.

In some cases you could carpet a whole cockpit for the cost of one or two critical flight rated switches.