PDA

View Full Version : Honeywell RMU

ak49er
10-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Awhile ago, a fellow posted here on his progress in simulating a Honeywell RMU type display, I take that he was a RJ guy, his post had several photos showing different progress in showing the displayed items, it looks like this photo I posted, can anyone remember this post? I can't find it through the search options.

Trevor Hale
10-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Awhile ago, a fellow posted here on his progress in simulating a Honeywell RMU type display, I take that he was a RJ guy, his post had several photos showing different progress in showing the displayed items, it looks like this photo I posted, can anyone remember this post? I can't find it through the search options.

Hey Ak. Was this the thread you were looking for?

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10832

Trev

ak49er
10-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Not the one I was thinking of,but use full all the same. the post I was looking for showcased the software solution to this, he displayed various stages of the display,i.e one line, then two lines of text, finally all complete with different color text and the separation lines. Looks like I found it, or at least a link to the fellows website.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13667

TasKiNG
10-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Hi ak49er,

This version of my RMU is controlled from a PC keyboard.
I am in the process of re-writing some of the code, tidying it up and making it more stable. Check my website at the weekend and there should be some news and an updated download.
I will be combining my RMU and K8055 Interface program which will allow the RMU to be controlled by switches connected to the Interface. Again, keep an eye on my News page.

Cheers

ak49er
10-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Excellent work Dave, i would like to use this software, could you tell me, can I interface with it using either a Hagstrom Keyboard Emulator or maybe a BUO836X from Leo Bodnar? Or does it require the KO*** interface that you use?

TasKiNG
10-21-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't see any reason it would not work with a Hagstrom Keyboard Emulator.
I no nothing about the BUO836X. When I put the latest version on my website this weekend I will also include the Source Code so with this and my Programming Tutorial you will be able to modify it to your own needs.

Cheers

ak49er
10-21-2008, 02:09 PM
I will download this later and see what I can do. I have not played much with the level of programming (interpreting, using source code) that your file offers but am looking forward to the challenge.