PDA

View Full Version : Realistic VA

Thunder175
10-19-2008, 12:21 PM
We all strive for realism with our cockpits, but what about actual airline operations? I don't know how many guys here are into the whole virtual airline scene, but at the risk of sounding like an advertisement I stumbled on a virtual airline a few weeks ago that I have really grown to like. Their philosophy is to emulate realworld airline operations as close as they can within the confines of a virtual world. Any of our 757/767 cockpit builders would feel right at home their since that is the major component of the fleet. They have setup a pretty robust financial system, as well as a dispatch center. Right now the main hub is San Francisco. There is usually a handful of guys flying on Vatsim at any given time. Go check it out! It think it would be neat to have some builders in the same VA. ;)

Fusion Airways (http://www.fusionairways.com/)

Michael Carter
10-19-2008, 12:38 PM
I belonged to one for around three years. It got old. I grew to hate flying a fixed schedule. I like flying where I want to fly, not where someone tells me I have to fly.

Most didn't take it seriously enough to compute fuel, get weather, figure speeds, etc. More of a game to most rather than a simulation.

Then there were the pissing contests between members and ten million screen shots of the same aircraft at the same locations. But I digress...:roll:

I know they all can't be like that, but I enjoy my freedom.