PDA

View Full Version : Runway Light / Take Off roll bumps??

mpl330
10-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Hi All,

Not had chance to check yet but I was wondering if PMSounds includes the "bump" of the runway lights as you roll over them during taxi and take off - any one any idea?
I know AES has "Sound effects while rolling over the centerline lights at the runway" but wondered if there were any alternatives as I was going to have the 'environment' sounds on the 2nd pc (as I was going to run PMSounds)...

Many thanks
Mike

ian@737ng.co.uk
10-19-2008, 11:48 AM
hi mike.....
i'm using AES and computers hooked up thru a surround system. using a good subwoofer, you dont just hear them, you feel them as well :o) also great for the ground rumble.
cant help you with PMsounds because i don't use it, but i'm sure there's loads of mates here who do and they can comment on that.
see you at schipol :o))
cheers ... ian

mpl330
10-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Cheers Ian - thought you were using AES and that's the effect I'm after, got a couple of Bassshaker speakers to enhance the effect, once I know it can be produced :D but on a 2nd pc, not the FS machine...

By the way I think I may need to "crash" your workshop and tap into your knowledge with a bunch of parts I have stacking up here to build my yokes & columns - I have read and reread your documents but just cant get my head round how the yoke attaches etc. :oops::-?

All the best and have a great break
Mike

NicD
10-19-2008, 06:38 PM
The sound you need in PMsounds is called nbump. It's uploaded here in the library somewhere. Works well on audio and shakers.

mpl330
10-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Thanks Nic - so do I just enable nbump in PMSounds in the tick boxes (at work so can't run the program to see)??
Thanks again
Mike

Thunder175
10-20-2008, 08:37 AM
I installed the bump last night after following NicD's instructions to the letter. Works great! Now I have a bump sound that varies depending on your ground speed. Great work! ;)

NicD
10-20-2008, 06:24 PM
No problem. mpl330 - yes just check it on in PMsounds, should work straight-off.

Michael Carter
10-20-2008, 07:33 PM
I've got a powered 100 watt subwoofer sitting in the shop not doing anything.

I think I might hook this up to the FS amp and see what happens. :D

mpl330
10-21-2008, 05:36 AM
That's great - thanks Nic!
Cheers
Mike