PDA

View Full Version : 737 Control Column full forward position?

737Steve
10-17-2008, 12:31 PM
While installing 737 NG control column into position, I have discovered that when the control column is moved to its full fwd position, it blocks clear view of the MIP particularly the PFD. I have checked all the measurements left, right, fwd, aft and height to the top of the column, and the angle of full fwd position.

Is this right? Just trying to sort out if I have measured something incorrectly.
Maybe if you are in a situation where you are using full fwd input, then looking at the PFD is the least of your worries!

I’ve been using the measurements from markuspilot.com , and other photos.

Thanks

Steve

Michael Carter
10-17-2008, 01:08 PM
To be honest, I've never been in a situation where full forward yoke authority has been required.

If you're having a problem, seeing the displays over the yoke might be the least of your worries. ;)

It could also be your seat hight is not correct for the correct eyepoint position.

737Steve
10-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Thanks Michael,
Checked again and found column 1" (25mm) too high, and seat too low. That was enough to do it. All fixed! Thanks again

Steve

Michael Carter
10-22-2008, 10:02 PM
In a Boeing, or at least the older Boeings, there were three little balls on a small platform attached to the center windscreen pillar.

Your seat was in the correct position when all three of these balls lined up horizontally.

Additionally, on the 727 and 737-200, your seat was in the correct position when you could just see the upper APD lights under the glareshield.

Glad you found the problem and that's probably more than you needed to know about correct seating position for flight. ;)

AndyT
10-22-2008, 10:56 PM
The same triangle balls are in CRJs. When the farthest one is hidden behind the aft one then you are correctly positioned to fly.