PDA

View Full Version : A talented drafstman...

ak49er
10-12-2008, 01:58 AM
I ran across these pictures tonight, I would give alot to have the actual .dwf CAD files, I have access to a HAAS CNC Mill and I am all learned up on Feature CAM. I even tried to translate the web page text by text from Thai to English, wow what a creative language. ANyhow enjoy the images, any one know Thai?;)

ak49er
10-12-2008, 02:01 AM
This guy is outrageously organized, you should see hisproject outline, everything planned out to the last....

JBaymore
10-12-2008, 08:36 AM
AK49er,

Got a page link?

best,

.................john

Michael Carter
10-12-2008, 10:23 AM
This guy is outrageously organized, you should see hisproject outline, everything planned out to the last....

Has he picked up a hammer yet?

Efe Cem Elci
10-12-2008, 11:19 AM
That took some time but here is the link:
http://www.thaiflight.com/mach/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22450

Here is a link to Smart's personal gallery (starting with the interesting stuff):
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f268/Smart_TFS/?start=192

It seems that "Smart" (administrator at thaiflight.com) and "Thamaroj" seem to be the guys pulling the lead over there, although all I've seen thus far is Smart's CAD drawings while Thamaroj has a lot of pictures of built items:
http://www.thaiflight.com/mach/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13012

I'm going to keep looking into this and see if I can score us some new members and possibly some useful files for those of us yearning for some CAD files.

ak49er
10-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Soemone already beat me to the link..... Thai Flight... Out of all the languages offered for web page translation, Thai is not one of them, what an interesting structure tho the language, I gave up translating after two bleary eyed hours, hope Ef, has more luck.

Efe Cem Elci
10-12-2008, 11:39 AM
LOL... I've got a bunch with the FoxLingo add-on to Firefox...

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7223/translationmr1.jpg

Afrikaans, Hebrew, Persian and even Latin! But no Thai :(

Gonna keep looking...

JBaymore
10-12-2008, 11:53 AM
If Thai is anything like Japanese (which I speak a bit), it is an "interpreted" language .....not a "translated" one. That makes stuff like automatic "online translators" come up with some "interesting" so-called translations. :lol::lol::lol:

best,

.................john

ak49er
10-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Yes, John, that was what I was trying to say exactly. It led to some interesting phraseology. BTW could a mod correct my midnight spelling error, I meant to spell "Talented" correctly in the title of my original post. Thank-you

AndyT
10-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Whew. Translating Thai is like doing ancient greek.

BHawthorne
10-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Has he picked up a hammer yet?

I think 80% of the work is getting the initial desiagn nailed without rework required. Picking up a hammer imho is the last thing you need to do. Then again I sit in CATIA at work all day. :lol:

Mr. Midnight
10-14-2008, 11:58 AM
this guys cash flow must not have a end to it, mine ends before i get started.

Robert

ak49er
10-14-2008, 12:41 PM
I haven't found a use for a hammer yet in sim building, but I wished for one many times while using a CAD program, i.e. "Error, sketch contains an open or multiple features that cannot be resolved, system will self destruct in 5...4...3...":shock:

BHawthorne
10-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Well, with CAD it's one of 2 things:

Save once, curse often...or
Save often, curse once. ;)

The only exception to that rule is when it crashes durring save corrupting the whole document. Now I know why I have a receeding hairline. :D

Efe Cem Elci
10-14-2008, 04:59 PM
I think 80% of the work is getting the initial desiagn nailed without rework required. Picking up a hammer imho is the last thing you need to do. Then again I sit in CATIA at work all day. :lol:
Brad, I believe Mike was drawing attention to the fact that there seems to be a lot of people who plan and draw and talk but never end up putting the plan into action, instead of implying that cockpit building should involve minimal planning and more action.

I haven't found a use for a hammer yet in sim building, but I wished for one many times while using a CAD program, i.e. "Error, sketch contains an open or multiple features that cannot be resolved, system will self destruct in 5...4...3...":shock:
You know what they say:
The three most dangerous things in the world is a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware expert with a program patch and a user with an idea. :D

Michael Carter
10-14-2008, 05:44 PM
That is exactly what I meant.

I see so many with larger that life dreams of a cockpit, and
planning a cockit to death, and never pick up a tool and actually
build something.

Build something, anything, just do it!

jmig
10-20-2008, 07:41 AM
I am with you Mike. Do something. It is in the doing (translate that as screwing up) that you learn. You can always change it. Let's see.. am I on version 11 or 12 right now?? :cool:

Actually, there are doers and planers. It is best to have a bit of both in you.

AndyT
10-21-2008, 07:16 AM
John,

There are 3 kinds of people. Those who can count and those who can't.

Efe Cem Elci
10-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Should I add some programming speak? :D

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who can read binary and those who can't.