PDA

View Full Version : leobodnar

Radar
10-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Guys. I'm a little gun shy to order from http://www.leobodnar.com/forum/ because there seems to be no responses to sales questions on there forums.

Look threw the forums and let me know its just me. Also if anybody knows Mr. bobnar maybe they could have him let us know hes still in buisness.

Thanks

Mike:shock:

Update .

I think I ow an apology to Mr. Leo. He is hard at work making sure all who ordered his product get them.

:grin:I;m going to order .

Thanks you Leo.

Trevor Hale
10-07-2008, 06:27 PM
He didn't respond to my questions either, so I decided against buying his products. I was going to buy 6 of his boards.

Michael Carter
10-07-2008, 09:43 PM
He's still in business. He's quite busy usually, but his products are top notch. I never had a problem with my axis card.

He might be on Holiday, or out of town, or even not feeling well.

Rodney
10-07-2008, 11:14 PM
I have purchased 2 of his boards and he provided quick shipping with tracking information in less than 24 hours after placing the order(8 months ago). He even followed up with a courtesy email 2 weeks after. I'd buy from him again.

AndyT
10-07-2008, 11:45 PM
I have one of his boards and I can say that it has never given me a moment of trouble.
It's a bit costly, but I think its well worth it.

(He might be one of those hermit type people that hates to communicate with others ;) )

Kennair
10-08-2008, 12:18 AM
I think he might be snowed under. I bought his early board and it's one of the best pieces of kit in my sim. Fast shipping and good response too.

Ken.

fweinrebe
10-08-2008, 02:09 AM
I also bought a BU0836 from him. I communicated with him via email and his response was quick. My first order got lost in the post, luckily it was insured by default. It was resent to me without any questions ask.

His boards are top quality and I would order from him again anytime.

brynjames
10-08-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm encouraged by the positive comments from earlier purchasers here, but the question is: has anyone heard from him or had dealings since June 2008?

--
Bryn

jmig
10-08-2008, 08:41 AM
I go alone with the busy theory. I ordered one of his boards months ago and he answered my questions right away. I loved it.

I thought about buying the new X board and he never replied. Like Tevor, I sat on the order until another thread in here convinced me to try the new board. I ordered it the day before yesterday.

Michael Carter
10-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Please let us all know when you get it.

jmig
10-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Will do!
adding characters

737Steve
10-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Just to chime in,, I ordered and received the BU0836X in Late September 08. 12 day delivery to Colorado USA. No documentation at all included, just the board. Board is very straight forward though, so no problems. Works great.

jonnydaz53
10-08-2008, 01:18 PM
hi 737steve can i ask you what you used the card for?

regards john d

737Steve
10-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Hello, Currently testing and fine tuning yoke, rudder pedals and two thrust levers at the moment. Also momentary switches (trim up, down, and auto pilot disconnect) I had a bit of trouble with x axis 2 pots burning up, but new one seems to be holding. The plan is for 7 pots (Yoke, rudder, 2 thrust, speedbrake, and flaps) for beginning. Speedbrake and flaps may have a different solution later, but just to get the sim going Ill use the pots. Same with the 32 buttons. Ultimately will be using some type of SIOC, but just to start out I will use all of the 32 inputs. My name is Steve and I'm building a 737NG sim in Colorado USA. I will soon properly introduce myself in the approriate forum.

Regards
Steve

jmig
10-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Please let us all know when you get it.

I got word early this morning from Leo that the card had been shipped. Later today I received a thank you email from him.

John

Radar
10-10-2008, 05:14 PM
:DPerfect. Thanks jmig!

I will order one as soon as paypal stops screwing with me:roll:

:cool:I wonder if Leo would like to join us here at Mycockpit. We the users could anwser lots of his customers questions.

Mike

skywatch
10-11-2008, 10:31 AM
I also ordered a 'x' version board on Wednesday 8/10/08 and will let you know if/when it arrives.

Skywatch

skywatch
10-15-2008, 04:34 PM
It arrived today (7 days) to UK

I have mixed feelings about this so far....maybe I will post a review of this in the future....

Skywatch

jmig
10-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Mine came in on Friday. It took about a week. Looks nice but, I haven't tested it yet.

Radar
10-18-2008, 10:41 AM
:pWell. I think I ow an apology to Mr. Leo. He is hard at work making sure all who ordered his product get them.

:DI;m going to order .

Thanks you Leo.

Mike

XOrionFE
10-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Mine came in on Friday. It took about a week. Looks nice but, I haven't tested it yet.

john,

let me know how your rotaries work on this board once you have a chance.

Thanks,

Scott

jmig
10-18-2008, 12:17 PM
john,

Thanks,

Scott
Ok, I will try and test them out this weekend.

...Provided my wife gives me time off from fall cleanup chores. :roll:

XOrionFE
10-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Ok, I will try and test them out this weekend.

...Provided my wife gives me time off from fall cleanup chores. :roll:

:-)

I just got done watching my 3 2-year olds for the past 24 hours while my wife had a ladies day and night! I am exhausted.....

Now it my turn!!! :-)

CoNa
10-18-2008, 03:53 PM
john,

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott, I have had the X-board for several months now and it works like a charm. It's extremely easy to work with. Just push the wire into the slot and it's connected. quick slots for all buttons. No need for diodes when using switches. rotaries work fine.

You can set the how many pulses per detent you want with this easy software.
http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836/BU0836_encoders.exe

Highly recommended.....
/ Conny

XOrionFE
10-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Hi Scott, I have had the X-board for several months now and it works like a charm. It's extremely easy to work with. Just push the wire into the slot and it's connected. quick slots for all buttons. No need for diodes when using switches. rotaries work fine.

You can set the how many pulses per detent you want with this easy software.
http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836/BU0836_encoders.exe

Highly recommended.....
/ Conny

I would like to know if the rotaries can keep up when you turn them really fast and what version of FSUIPC and FS you are running if possible...

jmig
10-18-2008, 09:53 PM
OK, I set up one of the Alps encoders 1/4 detente and 24 steps to Leo's X card. I simply plugged in one side in switch #1 then ground and the other side to switch #1. I used the next switch (#3) and its ground for the built in switch.

I used FSUIPC to set the encoder to tune the 100 digit of the ADF and the built in switch to parking brake. Both worked fine.

This was just a quick test before the LSU ball game came on. I did first try using the encoder to adjust the ADI horizion line but it didn't work. It just may be FSX? It worked fine for the ADF.

I did use the little setup program to tell the BU0836X I was using 1/4 encoders. So, I guess, you can't mix them on the same board?