PDA

View Full Version : Oct 4.....flying tonight

JBaymore
10-04-2008, 07:31 PM
I plan to be flying on the server tonight at least for a while.

My "assigned" flight route for tonight is:

Salt Lake City International (KSLC) to Reno Tahoe International (KRNO)

Real time (server time) and real world weather (Activesky 6.5).

Flightplan is:

KSLC.FFU.LODUY.DTA.MVA.LOMIA.WADDS.HALLE.FITUN.KRNO

Fairfield 6 SID........ vectors ILS Runway 16 R arrival

Hope to see someone else on.

best,

.......john

Michael Carter
10-04-2008, 07:39 PM
That's what I've been doing. 'Course I'm not on the server, but the flying's been great this afternoon.

London to Nuremburg, then onto Zagreb. Taking a meal break right now, then off to Linz.

JBaymore
10-04-2008, 11:09 PM
You ought to get on the server.

Completed the flight.... with a major storm leaviong from SLC and for about 1/2 the trip ....... then clear and gusty cross winds at RNO. Cloudscape and lighting was great.

No one else on though. Sigh.

best,

.................john

Michael Carter
10-04-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm getting on as soon as I get my headset converter installed into the sim and run the cables to the FS computer.

I sure do miss flying on-line. I miss the pressure.

We went to Köln-Bonn instead of Linz. Nice evening in Nordrhein-Westfalen.

Holclo
10-05-2008, 03:47 AM
John
Do you fly the BAe 146? If so which model, panel and sound set. I use Jon Murchisons model - haven't tried to laod the "BAe Project panel" yet.
Bill

AndyT
10-05-2008, 04:55 AM
Ok! I fixed my Headset connection. Now I can fly without the external speakers being on. (Wife is much happier about that..)

JBaymore
10-05-2008, 10:30 AM
John
Do you fly the BAe 146? If so which model, panel and sound set. I use Jon Murchisons model - haven't tried to laod the "BAe Project panel" yet.
Bill

Bill,

Yes, I use the Murchison BAe 146-200 model. Best one around.....and freeware too. I fly the United Express paint about 95% of the time. The rest ofthe time I fly a custom repaint I did for (fictitous) JAL and/or a custom repaint (fictitous) I did for Southwest.

I am using the Matthias Liebrecht version 2.0 panel in it. Even that one gives me trouble for use in the pit. Unfortunately, there is no aircraft that works for pit building for emulating the real systems. I've modded the panels a bit..... but not too much. I am thinking of eventually tackling the whole "systems thing" in a VB6 .exe progam that will run "stand alone" and punch values back into the sim via FSUIPC. That is a LONG way off. Sigh.

I've changed out the GPWS for the one by Rob B.. With Rob's and Martyn Becker's generous help, this XML gauge now has a keypress accessible "aural silence" function. I THINK he'll publish it soon.

Martyn and I also did up a keypress accessible XML APU gauge for the 146-200 that adds sounds and an exhaust plume. I did the exact placement and angle of the effects plume and the spool up, run, and spool down sound file editing....Martyn did the hard work ;). He is still trying to get it to independently power the electrical system (other than just using "battery always on").

I also have matthias' version 4.0 panel.... an amazing systems trainer level panel... and freeware...... but none of the gauges are accessible from hardware except the autopilot. The gauges hold all the complex and perfectly modeled aircraft systems. FSUIPC mouse macros nor GAutomate will get them. Frustrating as heck.

In case you haven't stopped by the BAe Panel Project site recently, Matthias has stopped working on his panels completely. WHAT a loss for the hobby.....and for BAe addicts.

I have the payware Turbine Sound Studios sound set for it.... and I customized it with some personal sound files abnd tweaks.

Hope that is of use to you.

best,

..................john