PDA

View Full Version : New from germany

Tabea
10-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Hi all cockpit builders,

since I saw a and flow with a nice Katana cockpit sim I decided building my little own for a C182 for FSX (and FS9)

Not all parts because I havnīt enougt space in my room. But the radio stack would be nice for first.

So I have some questions. I orderd the saitek pro yoke and simped rudder.
Now I gather informations for the radio stack.

Should I build it up from scratch e.g. with opencockpit or buy a complete one e.g. itra. Complete are around 600 Euro. But when I read what I need for OC is it not much cheaper???

So can anyone help me where are the advantage of OC (or maybe other good stuff I donīt know at the moment). Ready build are hm plug and play.

I havnīt a big garage I have to do all work at my normal desk in the room.

Thanks for some starting hints.

Tabea

XOrionFE
10-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Hello Tabea,

Your best bet if you want to keep it simple is the products from GoFlight. They are plug and play and work fantasticly.

www.goflightinc.com

Regards,
Scott

Tabea
10-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks Scott,

I allready visit goflight but hm what should I say?
To expensive the radio rack more then 1000 Euro and not even nice.
I donīt like it.

If ready built I would prefer this:

http://sim.itra.de/

Goflight comes without AP. ok wiht 2 panels switches. But with the 400 Euro different I can do much more.

Otherwise thanks again.

Tabea

AndyT
10-04-2008, 04:07 PM
GoFlight can do everything that one does. It comes with programming software that allows you to change the functions of the hardware. I have 2 GoFlight items and I can do everything that the other unit can do.
COM 1
COM 2
NAV 1
NAV 2
ADF
DME
AP
XPDR

All of that on my 2 units and, all at the same time. I only have to press a button to change function.

Paul G
10-04-2008, 04:49 PM
...All of that on my 2 units and, all at the same time. I only have to press a button to change function.

I tried that on a friend's sim. He had 1 unit for radios and nav and the other for autopilot, transponder, adf and altimeter (I think).

The radio / nav unit is not too bad as it's clearly annunciated and you're only likely to be changing one thing at a time.

But with the other unit running so much, and AP is enough on its own. Get a level and heading change from ATC and it could take a minute or two. Nice that you can do all this with only 2 units, and if you're strategic (i.e. leave heading change selected) then it's still a better experience than using keyboard.