PDA

View Full Version : MCP digits on Hardware different to screen

drayton_k
10-04-2008, 06:33 AM
Hi,
I have adapted the Wilco/Feelthere 737 to use the script supplied by Barkay and it works perfectly after assigning the keyboard commands in the Feethere CFG. The only problem is the MCP display is still showing "000" for each of IAS/HDG & ALTITUDE even though the sim panel does display the correct settings which have been entered.
The "COURSE" display does work and displays the correct dialled in setting.!!
Does anyone know what needs changing in the script for the settings to show correctly?
many thanks

Keith

barkay
10-07-2008, 04:49 AM
Keith,

Do you mean that when you try to change the HDG value using the rotary switch display on the MCP does not change?

If so that is a sioc related problem (or hardware problem). However if you enter the valuer using the rotary switch, the MCP HDG value changes but not the value in SIM then it might be something to do with FSUIPC offsets wilco use. Since the HDG and ALT is totally bound to FSUIPC I suggest that you look into table of FSUIPC4 (I assume you are using FSX) or FSUIPC3.85 (for FS9) and make sure the offsets are the same as you are using. Also check the feelthere manual to make sure that these offsets are used by the plane.

Best Regards,

barkay

drayton_k
10-07-2008, 05:00 AM
Keith,

Do you mean that when you try to change the HDG value using the rotary switch display on the MCP does not change?

barkay

Hi Barkay,
Yes this is exactly what I mean. The digits on the MCP stay at 000 although the digits in the sim move as they should. I thought it would be an SIOC problem as the COURSE digits on the MCP DO move, thus ruling out hardware issues. Its not too much of a problem though just a little offputting.

Cheers

Keith

barkay
10-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Well if the SIM changes than the problem is with your MCP module. And it looks like a hardware problem this time.

Just to make sure;

1 - Use the MCP test program that is available in opencockpits site. Make sure the rotary encoder sends correct values.

2 - Use the IOCP console program with your .ssi file loaded, connect and turn the rotary switch and see if you can see the value change commands on the right hand side window.

If the values change ok on the windows they should also change when flying. You can not test digits while sim is active cause the digits will not change.

If values change OK on the debug window but does not change during normal usage this really shows some kind of hardware problem.

I hope this also helps

Best Regards,

barkay