PDA

View Full Version : Please help me identify the logic

shafian
10-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Hello, I am relatively new to cockpit building, i recently assembled a master card and usb expansion card from OC. when i connect it and use controlador to test the inputs its only showing approximately 48 inputs between J3 & J4 :(. Anyone have any idea what could be the problem? to give you an idea when we take 2 rows of 20pins each on either side In one row 4 out of every 5 pins responds as an input so from 20 pins 16 work. In the second row the first alternate pin works then the following two don't show anything. so i only get about 8 inputs. In total out of each group of 9 inputs + 1 GND i am only getting 6 inputs. Please help me.

pdpo
10-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Hi there,

did you also bought the output/input connection cards? much more easier to check the
inputs and outputs....
Are you sure about the pin layout of the J3 and J4 ... these are not so obvious?
there is a good site which explains the connections :
http://personales.ya.com/micabina737/iocards/hard/test1i.htm
are you connecting via the usb expansion card or via parallel port?
since you have assembled them yourself, maybe it is worthwile to investigate
if all chips receive good ground and power?

Lots of things to check ....
Greetz Peter

shafian
10-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi,
thanks for your reply. Yes i am using the usb expansion card. things seem to be working fine with all other inputs. I have the master card connected to the usb expansion card which then is connected to the computer. the power is fine from what i have tested. I will check out the link you've provided and make sure things are ok.