PDA

View Full Version : Same old questions... what comes first ??

Rafael Gomes
09-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi Guys,

Well... I guess I have the same question as anyone who is starting: what to do first?

Basically, we have 2 options:

1) Start with the FMC, in a way it (hopefully) might be plug and play on PMDG (at first), and then move to the other itens, one by one....

2) Start with the very basic: buy the server and the slave computers, a few (old) monitors and Project Magenta and put it to run. Once all running (even on keyboard etc etc), then go to the "peripherals".

As i have said in other posts, my main concearn is SOFTWARE. hardware is widely available and in a sense easy to build. But configuring and programing is too much for me.

So, sugestions please :roll:

Regards !
Rafael

rt72
09-24-2008, 03:46 PM
I would start with what gets you flying the fastest. Computer, Joystick/Yoke and then do what you can to keep you flying while building...MIP stand...etc....

That is, if you want to fly more than you build...

Efe Cem Elci
09-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Sorry but I couldn't resist, that's what comes to mind whenever I hear/read 'what comes first?' :D

I would go with peripherals because of what rt72 stated. Its very easy to lose enthusiasm quickly if things get way over your head and I know 'cause I went down that road. You don't want to be stuck with a bunch of computers and an expensive software you can't sell when and if you realize that you didn't really want or could not put in the work for a home cockpit.

fweinrebe
09-25-2008, 02:25 AM
Go for Build, Fly, Build, Fly, Build, Fly ..... otherwise you end up with Build, Build, Build, Build, Quit.

NigelD
10-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Best advice I've heard for a long time! I've racked my brains on this one too, and I think it's worth getting the stuff in the order of it's importance to you as a pilot, not a builder.

That will be beer then.

Michael Carter
10-20-2008, 08:45 AM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/boeing722/009.gif