PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 737 Throttle Quadrant Parts

Padraig
09-19-2008, 04:17 PM
These are made from a UV resistant hard white plastic so they will never stain or fade. I will not drill any of the holes as a lot of builders use different electronic switches with different diameters along with different size throttle arms etc. These are a 1:1 replica and even have all the indentations engraved into each handle. What you see in the picture is what the finished product is.

• Throttle Handles
• Flaps handle
• Fuel cutoff handles
• Speedbrake handle
• Reverse trust handles

You can obtain the complete set for 30.00EUR + Shipping

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8413/quadknobs1mx9.th.jpg (http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quadknobs1mx9.jpg)

Philb737
09-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Count me in, I will take a set!!!:D
Thx

SimSimmer
09-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Count me in as well.

Ian

Trevor Hale
09-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Great Stuff Padraig, thanks for the support, they look really good.

Trev

ian@737ng.co.uk
09-20-2008, 09:50 AM
i'm playing around with some ideas for a quad on my test rig.
so i'll have to have a set as well.
i take it we just PM you?
good man yourself.
have a great weekend captain
regards... ian

Matt Olieman
09-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Looks fantastic!!!!!

So the picture is the actual end product what we would expect to get? If so I certainly would like a set, WOW!!!

Matt Olieman

Padraig
09-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Looks fantastic!!!!!

So the picture is the actual end product what we would expect to get? If so I certainly would like a set, WOW!!!

Matt Olieman

Hi Matt,

Yes this is the finished product. I will have all the indents painted black so basically all you need do is drill the holes for attaching these to your levers.

i'm playing around with some ideas for a quad on my test rig.
so i'll have to have a set as well.
i take it we just PM you?
good man yourself.
have a great weekend captain
regards... ian

Hi Ian, sure thing, I'll put you in for an order and thanks for your support !
Yes you can contact my via PM and we can take it from there, I think you already have my email address which I emailed you today with a question. So the choice is yours!

Great Stuff Padraig, thanks for the support, they look really good.

Trev

Thank you very much trevor.

Count me in as well.

Ian

Hi Ian, can you please PM me with your details and we can take it from there.

Bob Reed
09-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Looks fantastic!!!!!

Matt Olieman

I don't know Matt.... Whats with all the 737 parts? Do we have a convert on our hands??!!!:D

Rodney
09-20-2008, 12:27 PM
I don't know Matt.... Whats with all the 737 parts? Do we have a convert on our hands??!!!:D

Thought he did after he got his hands on the FSC throttle. Seems reasonable doesn't it?

Matt Olieman
09-20-2008, 12:48 PM
SSshhhhhhh, not to loud :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

fordgt40
09-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Padraig

Well done, they look great, unlike the symulatory knobs which are very poor. Please count me in for a set. I will pm you.

Regards

David

ekezz
09-22-2008, 04:33 PM
For my TQ I ordered a set of these great looking handles. :p
Thanks Padraig for sharing your skills with us.

Padraig
09-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Your welcome guys :D thanks for the orders.

regards

Westozy
09-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Fantastic stuff Padraig,

I will have a set too...

Gwyn

Padraig
09-23-2008, 04:42 AM
Fantastic stuff Padraig,

I will have a set too...

Gwyn

Hi Gwyn,

Hope you are keeping well these days down under! Give me an email and I will get back to you promptly, we can take it from there.

regards

AndyT
09-23-2008, 05:08 AM
I have a set of the knobs for the ALPS encoder. VERY nice. I suggest getting the ones without the holes and you can drill your own. That way you have a custom fit knob.

Keep up the quality work Padraig!

Padraig
09-23-2008, 05:11 AM
I have a set of the knobs for the ALPS encoder. VERY nice. I suggest getting the ones without the holes and you can drill your own. That way you have a custom fit knob.

Keep up the quality work Padraig!

No problem Andy, I`l send you a set this week, with no holes but Il include the grub screws, you know what to do regarding shipping.

Padraig
09-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks all for your support regarding the knobs etc, but I have to stop the orders for about a week as since time of posting, I have been swamped with orders.

So until I post in this thread again saying that I have more ready, I will not accept anymore orders.

Thanks for your support,

Kind regards

Padraig

Thunder175
09-23-2008, 10:24 AM
PM sent but looks like I'm just a little to late. Add me to the waiting list I guess...

Padraig
09-23-2008, 04:46 PM
PM sent but looks like I'm just a little to late. Add me to the waiting list I guess...

I have sent you a PM Thunder.

chrisdanker
09-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Padriag,

As I am a bit late for orders :(, could you put me in your wait list for a set of the knobs without the holes please. Thanks...I'll PM you with my details.

Thanks for the great work.

Regards,
Chris Danker,
MALAYISA

Padraig
09-24-2008, 05:49 AM
Padriag,

As I am a bit late for orders :(, could you put me in your wait list for a set of the knobs without the holes please. Thanks...I'll PM you with my details.

Thanks for the great work.

Regards,
Chris Danker,
MALAYISA

Hi Chris, hope things are well, I have sent you a PM about the throttle Quadrant Set.

Padraig
09-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Hi all, I am just writing to say that I am now open for a couple of more orders for the throttle knobs. If you are interested you can PM with your address and requirements. I will contact you in a few hrs.

regards

Trevor Hale
10-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Hey guys,

I just want to make sure that everyone knows that Padraig has more of these wonderful products still available. Get em while you still can.

Trev

Padraig
10-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Hey guys,

I just want to make sure that everyone knows that Padraig has more of these wonderful products still available. Get em while you still can.

Trev

Thanks Trevor, I have been really busy in the last weeks, I would like to thank everyone for their orders and that I know it has been slow getting them out, I havent forgotten you guys, I have also been ill in the last week, I got a dose of the flu :( so things slowed down a little.

You are more than welcome to still make some orders, I will give you a shipping date via PM or email.

regards

mterm
10-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Was wondering if anyone has received a set yet and what the quality is like, if they are anything like the photo they must look amazing...

Melnato
10-14-2008, 07:43 AM
G'Day Patrick,

Emailed you earlier this week about my set...have they left?

If not, any updates on when they might go...

Sorry to bug you...just eager to get these beauties:)

Thanks,

Nat

fordgt40
10-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Padraig

Some days ago, I PM`ed you both on this forum and also your Paypal email account seeking a delivery update, rather than broadcast it here. No response, hence this public reply

Regards

David

Padraig
10-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Padraig

Some days ago, I PM`ed you both on this forum and also your Paypal email account seeking a delivery update, rather than broadcast it here. No response, hence this public reply

Regards

David

Hi David,

Yes another member here also said the same, but I haven't received them. I don't know why, I also checked my Spam folder in my email client also. The throttle handles are all being made at the moment and also some have been sent out from the earlier orders. The special plastics I use take 16hrs to be able to be de moulded. I only have two molds. The Long demould time is because of the UV resistant feature.

fordgt40
10-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Padraig

Thanks for the quick response and I hope you sort out your communications! Given that the handles need to cure for 16 hours then I will leave you in peace and await the dispatch advice

Regards

David

seancharles
10-28-2008, 09:13 PM
i would like to order a set of these knobs. please contact me at
litewoodsjoinery@aol.com regards sean

andarlite
11-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Has anyone received their order from Padraig? I placed an order with him on Sept 20, got an e-mail from him soon after that my order was to be shipped on Sept 23rd. It's been almost 6 weeks now and I still haven't received it. I've sent him 2 PM and an e-mail in the last 2 weeks and have gotten no reply from him. Anybody know what's going on with him?

Thanks,
Henry

Philb737
11-04-2008, 12:36 AM
I was the first person to order from him (Sept.20th) . I'm still waiting for my shipment conformation. I'm sure there is a logical explanation for the delays.:cool:

dnoize
11-04-2008, 04:21 AM
same here...

Was with the first to order,
Got an email somewhere by the end of september that my order would be shipped out next day.
Thats 5 weeks ago now. Havent heard anything from him since. No response to my e-mails and my PM's via this forum.

I'm sure there is a logical explanation, but it would be nice to get a reply to the e-mails/pm's WITH an explanation.

Stef

mpl330
11-04-2008, 04:45 AM
Sounds like a familiar conversation from this weekend...
Cheers
Mike

Melnato
11-04-2008, 07:16 AM
I have opened a dispute with PayPal...

Sadly, I think its a scam.

Nat

ChrisW
11-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Now that I know I'm not the only one (there would appear to be loads) in this situation, this is my experience to date on ordering the knobs:

22/9 13:08 Sent Padraig email asking for shipping price to UK
22/9 17:44 Confirmation of price received and assurance that product quality was excellent although he couldn't send me any other photos.
22/9 20:30 Money sent by Paypal
22/9 20:46 Separate email sent confirming Paypal payment
24/9 00:11 Email sent asking for confirmation that Paypal payment was received
24/9 10:43 Reply that he had the payment (nothing else)
13/10 09:31 Polite email sent asking for an update, at least a definite idea of shipping timescale.
18/10 17:48 Sent another email asking for a reply
20/10 13:18 Received email saying manufacturing was ongoing. Problems occured which were being sorted and that they would be sent "very soon".
21/10 08:34 Sent email thanking response, with a reminder to keep me up to date
21/10 12:58 Received email with a 10EUR coupon for his store. This store is still not live (as I type) and I don't think I'd want to spend any more money until I see something from my initial order.
04/11 11:49 Sent email pointing out why I'm now more than concerned by the experience

My biggest issue is this:
My order was placed on 22/9. On 23/9 Padraig stated that he would have to suspend orders for about a week. On 30/9 orders were being taken again, yet it would appear that the initial orders were still unfulfilled.

I could be wrong, but the image used in the advert would appear to be the same as that used by a similar 'offer' the year before last, which I also ordered. I did get my money back from that one, but it took a while - I never saw the knobs!

Padraig - I trust there are some genuine delays involved here and our concerns will all be eased. Communication would be nice, especially if timescales have slipped. As I mentioned in my last email, it isn't all that much money, but it was MY money.

Thunder175
11-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Placed my order on September 30th... still no item, with the same explanations as described above. I am starting to smell a scam as well.

danielbryant66
11-04-2008, 04:03 PM
:mad:Has anyone recived these damm throttle handles, would hate to think there is a scammer in the flight sim comunity my last safe haven. Paid for these in October, quick response for payment, nothing since, as these are the first parts ordered for my project am not very happy. The real question is what do we do next. Would love to hear some ideas.

Trevor Hale
11-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Guys,

I will attempt to contact him. There is obviously some sort of issue here, and with any luck we can help resolve it. I too am expecting a set, and just haven't made contact assuming that he has been busy.

Padraig, has been around for a long time, I doubt this is a scam, however I must admit it has been a long time. I was under the impression that people had received their throttle handles.

Lets see what happens.

Trev

Daveanne
11-05-2008, 07:24 AM
You can add me to the list to

I paid for a set on the 21st of October and have not received even a communication to say they/he has received the order and or payment.

Daveanne

ChrisW
11-05-2008, 11:21 AM
I've now opened a Paypal dispute and escalated directly to a claim. Note that Paypal only give you 45 days from the date of payment to do this (I thought i twas longer than this), so if you paid in late September you will need to act quickly or lose your ability to escalate through Paypal.

This does not mean Padraig will not or cannot still come through with the goods, but I have now stated I will pay on delivery only - ie he would now need to put his trust in me.

Efe Cem Elci
11-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Sorry to hear some members are having trouble with this. I'm also worried about Padraig, since he has been a member for a long time and its not like him not to reply after a certain time (even if busy). Hopefully Trevor will get a hold of him and he will be all right and everyone will get their parts.

Not that it matters but Chris, since you said that from now on you'll pay him once you get the parts... haven't you already paid him through PayPal though? Has PayPal already refunded you your payment? I thought they gave it some time for the buyer and seller to reconcile their differences.

fordgt40
11-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks CHRISW for advising on the 45 day Paypal time limit - I am very close to it, having paid on 23rd September and still not been given a dispatch date, despite grumbling on this forum in mid October.

Padraig

In the continued absence of any effective communication you have forced me to raise a dispute with Paypal.

ChrisW
11-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Not that it matters but Chris, since you said that from now on you'll pay him once you get the parts... haven't you already paid him through PayPal though? Has PayPal already refunded you your payment? I thought they gave it some time for the buyer and seller to reconcile their differences.

Hi, yes they actually don't do anything for a week or 10 days and if the seller does not respond then the refund is automatic (assuming Paypal can get the dosh).

What I meant was, if I do get a refund, I still need some knobs and I still think they would be great value at 30EUR, but this seller would need to trust me and come up with the goods before I made any kind of new payment.

Still hoping this is just a misunderstanding, we all get what we need and Padraig makes lots of money.

Cheers
Chris

Trevor Hale
11-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Guys, Here is the response from Padraig.

As I expected... He is trying to work out issues that he has been dealing with and he feels dreadful about all of this.

Please see below.

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for contacting me about the issue, I have not scammed anyone to
be honest, I actually did send out some to Ian Sissons over in the UK,
(www.737ng.co.uk) But when the **** hit the fan regarding my plastics
provider I rang Ian up and told him my issues because the products I had
made, (All of the current orders, ready to be shipped) were indeed not
UV resistant, even tho I was told so before I started. So I told Ian to
chuck the ones I sent over in the trash. You can ask him if you wish. So
I asked my supplier to get me the real stuff that is 100% UV resistant.
That was ok, but there was a catch, the products they sell is from
Smooth-On and they didnt have it in stock, it took 3 + weeks to get some
in, while I was waiting I purchased about 5kg of silicone rubber and
started making moulds, so when the UV plastics finally came, I could do
at least 20 sets at a time. With this plastic it takes 16 hrs + to
demould time :-( , and then I got hit with another header in the face.
The silicone rubber in which I had used lots of times, with the other
non UV resistant plastics is not suitable with the new UV plastics, so
all my 5kg 20 mould sets are rendered useless (chemical reaction) So im
left with 2 moulds now which do work, and its taking me forever to get
them out the door, as I do work also.

I have emailed every one about this matter, while I have also told
people that for this misfortune, I will be emailing everyone with a 15
EURO coupon code that can be used in the shop I am opening up. But to be
honest, I think the damage is already done, and I have tried my best so
sort out the issue. People will get their orders, that I can promise you
and them. Some people have also got their money back, when they wanted
it, I have been paid only through paypal so people cannot be scammed,
because they can get their money back in a click of a button.

Thank you for contacting me, and for your support. Can you please relay
this to the loyal members / customers of Mycockpit.org,

Thanking you in advance,

Padraig

Matt Olieman
11-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Padraig,

I look forward to the day to receive my knobs, particularly since you will not release them until they are perfect :) I'd rather have them rightly done.

Thank you Padraig.

Matt Olieman

ChrisW
11-05-2008, 07:41 PM
I have the overwhelming feeling that some simple communications could have saved a lot of hassle. I understand Padraig must have been receiving quite a few emails from worried people, but not answering would just generate more, and the last 2 or so pages of posts in this thread. Take post #41 above for instance. A payment made more than 2 weeks ago and potentially not a single email in acknowledgement. That doesn't come across as the actions of someone doing all they can to make things work.

An answer such as:

"I need to make a new batch, if they are not ready within 7 days I will contact you immediately", rather than "you'll have them very soon".

The former comment lets me know there's nothing to worry about and I'll know more in a week at the latest. The latter comment means that after a couple of weeks I wonder what's going on. When the emails don't get answered I suspect a rat.

Padraig, if you're genuine, please reply back on here - I'm sure you wont get flamed - I guess we just want some knobs. Personally I wouldn't have minded if they didn't arrive until next year as long as you'd let me know - I think I mentioned that in one of my emails to you.

As it stands I've got a Paypal claim on the go that I'd be much happier stopping. How about a single post giving everyone a definite timescale, whether that be a week, a month, however long you need, but offering those who wont wait a refund? It's not really for me to make such a suggestion (although I just did), but I guess you'd get the credibility back. I could even live with more delays as long as the communication was there. To be honest, a picture or two of the batch that you're not happy shipping would also put some worries to bed.

Just a thought. Tell me where to stick it if I'm speaking out of turn.

Padraig
11-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi all,

thanks to Trevor, I can see that he has relayed my message, that I wrote to him. As the email states, I am not in the meaning, or have the personality to scam people. I basically, got in some serious matters with my suppliers with plastics, and also the incompetence of their knowledge the products they sell. If you read Trevor's reply, which is my email to him, you`ll clearly see what has happened.

I actually have send out messages, but then I gather I have not included everyone it looks like.

Trust me everyone, You will get your orders, I can promise you that. Plus a 15 EURO voucher to an on line store which sells parts and knobs for the simulation enthusiast. I don't mean to offend anyone.

When I say in my add, these are UV resistant, then the product you get will be that. I don't like to fool around about specs. I only want you to invest once for a set of 737 throttle handles.

So to all here, my deepest apologies to everybody that is effected by this matter, and I promise you will get your product very soon.

Kind regards

Padraig

ChrisW
11-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I just KNEW I'd seen the photo in Padraig's ad before. In fact it was 3 years ago when I tried to buy a set (unsuccessfully but that was also due to my impatience).

If you go to Padraig's post on page one of this thread, then click the image to get the original from the photobucket site, then right click it and save it to your hard disk. You'll get a file called quadknobs1mx9.jpg

Right click the saved image and click properties, then choose the Summary tab. You'll see lots of intereting info such as:

Equipment make: SONY
Camera Model: DSC-F828
Exposure Time: 1/20th sec.
DATE PICTURE TAKEN: 21/09/2003 08:41

Padraig, Matt O asked you if the photo was of your actual product and you replied yes. How come you took the photo more than 5 years ago and it was also used by someone in the US 3 years ago who also had issues supplying them?

Again, you may be trying to start a legit business, but you are doing a good job of misleading people.

Padraig
11-05-2008, 10:46 PM
I just KNEW I'd seen the photo in Padraig's ad before. In fact it was 3 years ago when I tried to buy a set (unsuccessfully but that was also due to my impatience).

If you go to Padraig's post on page one of this thread, then click the image to get the original from the photobucket site, then right click it and save it to your hard disk. You'll get a file called quadknobs1mx9.jpg

Right click the saved image and click properties, then choose the Summary tab. You'll see lots of intereting info such as:

Equipment make: SONY
Camera Model: DSC-F828
Exposure Time: 1/20th sec.
DATE PICTURE TAKEN: 21/09/2003 08:41

Padraig, Matt O asked you if the photo was of your actual product and you replied yes. How come you took the photo more than 5 years ago and it was also used by someone in the US 3 years ago who also had issues supplying them?

Again, you may be trying to start a legit business, but you are doing a good job of misleading people.

Hi Chris,

Yes you are right, the photo is actually taken a while ago, and not by me either, it was taking by the person that sold me the molds for the product that you see in that photo. He has sold lots of these throttle sets to all builders over the world. Before I placed the add with Mycockpit.org, I done a test batch of to see if they did indeed match the picture.

The batch that turned out from the molds I purchased once painted with black acrylic paint in the indentations turned out perfect!! just like in the photo. The supplier is not making these anymore and has passed on his product to me at a price, the picture is also his. I do not know of his past transactions, so I cannot verify what you are saying, but I can tell you that my problems where quality related in the form of liquid plastics ! in which I was told that they were UV resistant ! I don't want my products turning yellow or dull in your cockpit, simple. I even had people say to me that the NON UV resistant was ok for them, but I had to decline as my add clearly states UV resistant ! and thats what you pay for.

I hope this has answered your post Chris. If you would like you can email the person, if you wish. He can verify this very transaction between him and I. If you look at the classified section here on Mycockpit.org you`ll see where I was pointed to his add, by a fellow MC member. (I haven't forgotten you either!)

Kind regards

Padraig

PS:

I had a quick look and I cant actually see the add anymore, but a member here can verify this as he pointed me to the advert in the classified section. Also guys, you can PM me till your heart is content, my PM box is not full anymore.

ChrisW
11-06-2008, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the reply Padraig. A quality product makes up for a lot of things, so proof in the pudding and all that. You'll also find me very vocal when something is good. There's a saying that people tell an average of 7 others about a bad experience, but only 1 or 2 others about a good experience. Come up with the goods and I'll tell 71 or 72!

Last question. please can you provide a specific timescale for fulfilling the orders you currently have. A week? A month? Something specific please, not "very soon", as this could mean a day or two to some people.

Thanks.

Matt Olieman
11-06-2008, 07:05 AM
I talked to Padraig on the phone today and am confident he will present an excellent product. Padraig is a perfectionist, and won't release a product until it's perfect and unfortunately his suppliers didn't meet product specifications. I thank Padraig for his honorable intent to make a good product "as advertised."

I understand the communications could of been a bit better, and I believe Padraig understands that now.

As with many good products made by other vendors, it takes months or sometimes a year or more to get a good product. Although Padraigs knobs would seem shorter time then that. That I believe was his intent. Over my Flight-Sim building years, I've come to the understanding, it takes time to receive a good quality products.

Padraig WILL ship out his B737 knobs and will look forward when I receive them, even if it takes longer then expected. I'd rather have a good quality product rather then a poor quality product.

BTW Padraig, I don't want the discounted coupon, I waited much longer for quality products and that I've paid far in advance. This is not unusual.

So, fellow builders, please be patient.

My Best,
Matt Olieman

fordgt40
11-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Padraig

Now that effective communication has been established, here and via PM, I have withdrawn the Paypal dispute. Good luck and keep us informed

Regards

David

ChrisW
11-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Padraig

Now that effective communication has been established, here and via PM, I have withdrawn the Paypal dispute. Good luck and keep us informed

Regards

David

Ditto, looking forward to some nice knobs!

Padraig
11-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Just another note, I actually made and sent out a set to Ian, I was talking to him yesterday and he said, when he gets time he will take some photos of them and post them up here. Just to show you that I actually did make all the non UV resistant.

danielbryant66
11-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Guys , just got email from Padraig confirming that he will be sending out in a short time. I think these are going to be worth the wait ,dont you.

ian@737ng.co.uk
11-08-2008, 01:32 PM
chaps....g'day......
i've been following this thread with interest. can confirm i did indeed receive a set of knobs. they are amazing and frankly, dont know what all the fuss is about.
what i got was the initial mould which apparantly are not UV resistant. padraig and i are talking to each other and i do understand that he has indeed suffered a couple of setbacks with his suppliers.
the set of knobs i got are excellent (i would never have known they were not UV resitant if he hadn't called me to eplain the issues).
so, my gut feeling is bear with him and give him a chance to get it right.
i will admit that perhaps he could have been a bit more communicative, but he's too busy waiting for the moulds to set :o))
i'm sure he is going to sort it.
if the new moulds turn out as good as the one's i have, you will not be disappointed.
regards from wales..... ian

AndyT
11-08-2008, 04:04 PM
I have a set from his first run and they are very impressive. I think everyone will be more than satisfied when they get them.

mpl330
11-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi Padraig,
Can you check your PM please...
Cheers
Mike

Padraig
11-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi Padraig,
Can you check your PM please...
Cheers
Mike

Checked and answered !

Just a little update regarding the current orders. I have received the right products now (Finally), and have got started on the process. I have crafted new molds and they work fantastic (No chemical Reaction after post cure)
I have been working still on the two molds for the last while so I have a few sets here now that I am sending out on Monday morning to the first people that ordered.

I have also designed a new version of the NAV and ADF module knobs which the beta pieces were replicated. For the people that ordered the ALP`s encoder knob sets you will be getting the new version and not the version in the picture. I will post up a picture of it during the weekend.

Thanks guys

Philb737
11-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi Padraig,
can you please conform that I am getting my order shipped next week?:p:D
Phil

Padraig
11-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi Padraig,
can you please conform that I am getting my order shipped next week?:p:D
Phil

"PM" me your Name and Address please and I can tell you how far you are on the list of orderes, As I am sending out from the first to the last , if you know what I mean ...

Philb737
11-15-2008, 04:58 AM
Pm was sent, check your inbox!
Thx.

Padraig
11-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Pm was sent, check your inbox!
Thx.

Thanks Phil, checked and replied.

As in regards the photos,

My camera is frickered, so I need to obtain a new one. I have a new product also which is the Boeing Trim and Pitch handles if anyone is interested. These are also UV resistant and come with the indented writing with black acrylic paint.

Thunder175
11-25-2008, 11:08 AM
I was wondering if anyone has received the knobs yet... I'm still waiting here (ordered 30SEP).

dnoize
11-25-2008, 04:05 PM
I received mine this weekend.

Good looking knobs !

Thanks Padraig !

Stef

Jackpilot
11-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Still patiently waiting!
Any Hint?

Padraig
11-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi all,

Yes I am still making the knobs to the best I can. I know its a while, but they are being processed as we speak. My gallon drum is empty now, so I have to order another one tomorrow so it will arrive this friday. I can being on the rest of the orders and work all through the weekend. I should be able to ship out all the rest of the orders next week!

steveeverson
11-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Got mine this week.
Thanks Padraig- excellent quality and worth the wait:D

Padraig
11-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Got mine this week.
Thanks Padraig- excellent quality and worth the wait:D

Your welcome, and thank you for the kind words, and sorry about the wait.

Philb737
12-13-2008, 12:23 AM
Hi Padraig,
It's been over a month since you promised to ship my order, as of today the 12th of Dec. I'm still waiting for the arrival of my new knobs!:sad::sad::sad::roll: How were the knobs shipped? Did you use Pony Express????:cool:
Paypal transaction date of Sept.16th!!!!!!!!! :twisted::sad::twisted::twisted: Paid in full:sad::mad: . I should start charging interest on my money:smile:.

andarlite
12-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Got my knobs too. Thanks Padraig.

Regards,
Henry

Melnato
12-13-2008, 05:45 AM
G'Day Patrick,

Anymore time updates on those who are still waiting...like me.

Thanks,

Nat

Padraig
12-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi Padraig,
It's been over a month since you promised to ship my order, as of today the 12th of Dec. I'm still waiting for the arrival of my new knobs!:sad::sad::sad::roll: How were the knobs shipped? Did you use Pony Express????:cool:
Paypal transaction date of Sept.16th!!!!!!!!! Did you join forces with Nihad(Sim Knobs) 6months for my small order:twisted::sad::twisted::twisted: Paid in full:sad::mad: and I'm still waiting for his shipment too. I should start charging interest on my money:smile:.

LOL, Pony Express, Hi Phil,

your order has been boxed and shipped today. I bought a bulk order for 5 inch sq boxes for better protecting the knobs and also bubble wrap. As of the rest of the orders, I have them all boxed and out the door.

No Pony express, but an even better one called "Snail Mail"

Only kidding, their gone out via Anpost which should be fastest for the shipping rate I charged.

Padraig
12-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi all,

I am just writing to tell every one that, for all the back orders I had, I have now completed the process of clearing them. Nearly 95% got shipped on Saturday last, and there is a few loose ends now that is being shipped today or tomorrow.

Another note too. I will be going to Habichtswald in Germany from the 22nd of December to the 3rd of Jan to see my family for the Christmas. I don't know if I can get on the Internet over there, so that, If I can not answer PM`s or Email, This is the reason why..

This is going to be a busy week as I am leaving next week, so I won't be online much but will answer email and PM until the above date.

So to all of you here at Mycockpit.org I wish you the very best of a Happy Christmas and New Year.

Padraig

Melnato
12-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Well its Christmas Eve...and I still haven't received my knobs.

Am I the only one?

Sorry for sounding like a broken record....

Nat

Philb737
12-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Hey Nat,
You're not alone!:cry::cry:
Merry Christmashttp://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:LHQfTxhIyuHgkM::www.wallpapergate.com/data/media/1632/smiley-santa-christmas.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wallpapergate.com/data/media/1632/smiley-santa-christmas.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wallpapergate.com/wallpaper23932.html&h=768&w=1024&sz=135&tbnid=LHQfTxhIyuHgkM::&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsanta%2Bsmiley&hl=en&usg=__Kthds0wm6mGOFbL7h1Jo2QwavqY=&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=2&ct=image&cd=1)

Jackpilot
12-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Same.
Grrrrrrr....but confident....
Merry Xmas to all

fordgt40
12-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Sadly, I also join your frustration and am not surprised at all, given the history. Clearly Santa`s sled relied on throttle handles that were also ordered from the same source.

Regards

David

mpl330
12-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Sadly me too...........................:(
Dispatched the 8th Dec????????????? Not here yet & they were supposed to be part of the 1st batch...

Thunder175
12-24-2008, 01:39 PM
I ordered on September 30th and i still have not gotten my knobs. I would like an explanation. It was about a month ago that they were all about to be shipped. Well... :evil:

Thunder175
01-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Well its now January 2nd and no knobs. Has anyone heard from Padraig? :mad:

Michael Carter
01-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Sadly me too...........................:(
Dispatched the 8th Dec????????????? Not here yet & they were supposed to be part of the 1st batch...

I don't want to alarm you, but I had a package despatched from the UK on the 6th to the US and still have not received it. I was given a refund by the seller.

On the other hand, I received another package from a UK seller that was postmarked 23DEC and received it two days ago.

I don't know if it's the Royal Mail, the USPS, or customs, but something is slow in the system.

fordgt40
01-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Thunder

I believe that Padraid is not back from Germany until 3rd January.

Michael

I could understand some delays to the USA, but a number of people in different and closer locations are still waiting

Shall we have a sweepstake/bet on the reasons?

1) Padraig gave them to a neighbour to post, but the neighbour forgot - odds 10/1
2) There has been a lightning strike by the Irish Postal services odds - 20/1
3) According to Padraig, all were posted so there has been multiple failures in all postal services - odds 5/1
4) Hot favourite at odds of 2/1 on - Padraigs record keeping of orders was incomplete.

Other suggestions welcome

David

Daveanne
01-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Patrick, I still haven't received my order from you which was placed on the 21st of October 2008.

I understand the problems you have been having with the moulds etc, however according to your last message on Mycockpit.org they have all now been sent out.

The PayPal transaction number is: #866686021X620154J.

My home address: 9 Hyde Close, Great Sutton, Ellesmere Port. Cheshire. CH65 7BN.

I do hope this unfortunate episode can be brought to an agreeable close, by you supplying me with the items that I have already paid for?

Dave Holt

Jackpilot
01-05-2009, 01:35 PM
1) Has anyone received the TQ handles...please say so.

2) Padraig could you either post a list of orders shipped with date of shipping as of today
or at least private mail each of your customer with the relevant info.

3) We all can understand delays but at that stage we all need an update.

Cheers

andarlite
01-05-2009, 01:56 PM
I placed an order (for the knobs) with him on Sept 20 2008, got them the first week of December.

Regards,
Henry

fordgt40
01-05-2009, 03:55 PM
David

Me too, I paid on 23rd September!!

Perhaps Padraig has posted himself back from Germany using the same courier that sent out the knobs!!

I find that humour helps, else I would be getting badly out of shape over this juvenile shambles - careful here I go again - now calm down David!

mpl330
01-05-2009, 05:23 PM
And me - paid 23/9 - informed (only after I chased) that they have been / would be sent out on 3 or 4 occaisions now...

I have spotted the connection... it's the UK builders that are left out!
Scratch that, Steve got his & Ian got his - must just be luck of the draw :roll:

Cheers
Mike

Jackpilot
01-05-2009, 10:23 PM
see my post:
Padraig and TQ parts

Philb737
01-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Jack,
I agree with you 100%!!! Henry, consider yourself very lucky!:twisted:

Thunder175
01-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Ordered via Paypal on September 30th. Still nothing here... :mad:

chrisdanker
01-06-2009, 01:43 AM
Made Payment on Paypal :
Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #8PT06118LV206920E)

Original Transaction

Date Type Status Details Amount
Sep. 26, 2008Payment To Patrick Woodlock Completed ...-€36.00
EUR

Also e-mailed Pat for details but since Dec no replies

mpl330
01-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Still waiting - see the posts in the other thread too...
Cheers
Mike

steveeverson
01-07-2009, 06:12 AM
I have reciceved mine- i cant remember exactly when but pretty sure it was sometime in november.
cheers
Steve

fordgt40
01-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Well, Padraig supposedly has returned from hols over a week ago and has not logged in – at least under his forum name.

Clearly a possible explanation is that some important event in his life has precluded him posting here, however, our previous experience of broken promises, ignored emails, suggests otherwise

I suggest that we give him one more week, if no response then:-

Those who paid via Paypal can still log a complaint though we cannot get our money back. Paypal advise that they will take account of time expired complaints, hence there may be sufficient complaints for Paypal to reconsider Padraigs continued use of their payment method.

I have what I believe to be Padraigs home address, found by searching Google using his company Calibreelectronics. In case there is a genuine reason for Padraigs absence, then I will not post it in open forum, but I can respond to any PM.

Any comments?

David

Matt Olieman
01-11-2009, 02:15 PM
David, if you decide to share Padraigs home address with others, please DO NOT POST HERE, provide it by PM or e-mail. Those who want it can contact you.

I understand everyones frustration, I too have not received my parts, so DO understand.

Matt Olieman

fordgt40
01-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Matt

I never had any intention of posting it! Hence my comment about using PM.

Regards

David

Matt Olieman
01-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to say you were going to post it. I just wanted to confirm this would not take place. I should of been more clear in my statement, my apologies.

Matt Olieman

fordgt40
01-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Matt

No apology needed - I recognise the sensitivity and your position. I think we are all getting fed up with this saga and particularly the lack of communication

Regards

David

mpl330
01-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Anyone heard anything yet?
Nothing received or reply to my emails yet....

Cheers
Mike

Melnato
01-14-2009, 06:32 PM
I think its time to call my bank for a charge-back, enough is enough.

Nat

Joe Cygan
01-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Hi Nat,
I have about a couple dozen of these knobs that I'm getting ready to throw out as they are prototype and rejects. I think I have the throttle knobs,flap and maybe some of the other ones for sure. If you need some of them there yours for free if you want them but they are rejects and a little rough.

I'm not releasing my knobs for a good while.

Your call either way just pay for shipping.

Joe

mauriceb
01-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Padraig described his parts as UV resistant, and getting UV resistant plastic was one of the reasons for the delays. Just wondering why nobody questioned the need for UV resistant plastic in a flight deck. How much UV is there is an enclosed or even open flight deck inside a house even if the windows are open?
Every real throttle assembly that I have seen and I have seen quite a few had yellowing handles anyway and they looked more authentic than bright white handles in my opinion.

Maurice

Daveanne
01-15-2009, 07:29 PM
The main crux of the problem in this original thread is: Where are the TQ knobs that we have all ordered from Padraig?

Does anyone have contact with him at all......?

It is now 4 months since I paid good money to purchase, what looked like a nice addition to my TQ, the original ones I used I made myself on a small lathe out of white plastic round bar, OK but not as the real ones.

So now after repeated requests and umpteen e-mails posts on this media, I still haven't received my knobs, the main problem with Patrick is communication, if he would only recognise the fact that he has my money and I don't have his prommissed goods is the factor.

I agree with another post on here also, why would we need anti UV knobs in a sim pit?

Please, Trevor...does anyone have contact with Patrick, please tell him to send me my knobs, thats all I want.

Daveanne

mpl330
01-16-2009, 03:05 PM
What I cant understand is why some people received theirs but others of us are still waiting - if it was a full on scam why make some??? Unless to look semi-legit?????

Confused and getting fed up with waiting
Mike

Trevor Hale
01-16-2009, 04:30 PM
I will contact him, and let you know what happens.

dnoize
01-16-2009, 04:44 PM
What I cant understand is why some people received theirs but others of us are still waiting - if it was a full on scam why make some??? Unless to look semi-legit?????

Confused and getting fed up with waiting
Mike

I got mine, maybe because i was one of the first who started complaining, maybe because i was one of the first to order.

We dont know whats wrong yet. Maybe somethings wrong with patrick, maybe he was totally taken by surprise by the number of orders, not realizing what logistic nightmare this could become.

Maybe he realized that the price (30 euro's) was totally unrealistic for 8 high quality knobs.

Maybe something happened to the molds (silicon molds DONT have eternal life).

Maybe, maybe, maybe...

Problem is, we DONT KNOW.

Hopefully Trevor can get in touch with him for those who are waiting.

Stef

Philb737
01-16-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm still waiting, paid in full Sept.20th 2008! I just wanted to help the guy with his new business. I have a real TQ with excellent knobs!:(
Another learning experience for me:|:|:?.

Jackpilot
01-19-2009, 01:52 PM
I do not think so...I suppose Patrick is out of good reasons, after saying everything was shipping, and works like mad to fulfill before resurfacing...hope so. Did not give up...yet

dnoize
01-19-2009, 04:10 PM
unless he was out of luck and his mold was at the end of its life......

Jackpilot
01-19-2009, 04:37 PM
In which case it would be easy to say so and refund the unlucky ones....

Daveanne
01-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Even better, he just needs to communicate with his customers....!!

Daveanne

Trevor Hale
01-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Just so you are all aware, he has not responded to my email either at this point.

I would hate to think it, but IF something happened to him Medically... I think we would all feel very bad...

Lets hope it isn't something like that..

Trev

fordgt40
01-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Trevor

Clearly we would be sad if there was a medical reason, as indeed we would be for any other member. Our concern, stems primarily from his untrue statement prior to Xmas that all knobs had been sent!

His subsequent silence, for whatever reason, only compounds the issue.

Regards

David

Matt Olieman
01-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Yeah, let's hope he's OK.

What makes this confusing is some folks got the parts others didn't. Unfortunately I'm one of the ones that didn't.

I know I've made knobs for different people and easily got overwhelmed (I did it for free, maybe that's why).

There was one incident, I was making clear knobs and the mold started to deteriorate and tried making new molds, but never was able to make a good mold again.

Anyway, the point is, perhaps he's gotten over his head. To me, I'd rather he'd be upfront about it rather then saying nothing. I'd be OK with that.

Matt Olieman

robert1649
01-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Sent payment on the 15/12/08 as well as two e-mails for an undate. Haven't heard anthing to date.

Padraig wrote

"Please note that I can not give an exact delivery date because of the Christmas post, but I do have them in stock and ready to ship.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me, I will try to get back to you ASAP."

Mmmm...I don't think so, do you?

I don't mind waiting, I do however mind not knowing!

Gordon Turner
01-21-2009, 03:02 AM
It seems I'm in the same boat as are many others. I ordered and paid via PayPal in Sept 2008. Have contacted Padraig numerous times with no response :mad:(the most recent last week). Am starting to lose patience:mad:. Anybody have any further updates? Gordon

ChrisW
01-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Hi Guys,

I finally received my knobs in December after several earlier promises. Quality ranges from very good to a little average, although overall I would say they are worth far more than the original 30EUR charged (if you got them that is). Happy to provide hi-res photos on request.

I'm no moulding expert, but a couple of the knobs would appear to have too little plastic (ie the mould wasn't filled up) - this might be due to shrinkage? Luckily I have a CNC mill so can tidy much of this up.

The only major issue is the speedbrake knob which looks to have been demoulded far too soon and is completely out of shape (and useless). Padraig kindly promised to send a couple of replacements (one of the reverser knobs is also in need of TLC) but as yet I've heard no more. Did have a promised ship date that has way passed.

Hope you all get your knobs (Padraig, there's still time to make us all happy!!!) and I get the replacements.

Cheers
Chris

danielbryant66
01-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for contacting me, your knobs are on the way to you

I have been able to complete all the orders before Christmas, I hope they make it to you for under the tree!!

Have a Merry Christmas to you and a happy new year..

Its now 25 th Jan, and i am getting a bit bored of this, would like to here of any suggestions from anyone else. i here this guy is opening a flight sim shop. Dont make me laugh.......

mterm
01-26-2009, 04:17 PM
I think I have you all beat I was promised a set from Padraig back on August 22th. I have kept my mouth shut because they were coming to me at no charge for helping him to find the classified ad where the molds were for sale. Maybe if I had kept it to myself alot of you would not be in the position you are in. I know it is not my fault but I do feel bad for all of you that did not get what you were promised.:(

Mark

fouga36
01-27-2009, 06:25 AM
as so many others, I ordered and paid my set early october 2008.
I never got any responds from him even after sending a couple of mails.
I know the price for them is cheap, but if he had some problems, it was not that much I think, to let his clients know what's wrong.
I still hope(a little) that I will recieve them in the future.

mpl330
01-27-2009, 05:46 PM
But if it was health why post before Christmas that all orders had been sent out.......:mad:
Think we will have to count this as a loss...
Mike

Jackpilot
01-27-2009, 06:13 PM
If it is a loss, he looses,
his own self esteem
and our respect.

I still hope, more for the trust I have in people than for the darn plastic.

Matt Olieman
02-05-2009, 01:04 PM
I closed this thread.

The point has been made over and over again and enough is enough.

All threatening and non loss of Padraig related product posts will be removed!!!!

Matt Olieman