PDA

View Full Version : Mycockpit FS Server

Bob Reed
09-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Ok folks. Here it is. Back by popular demand the Mycockpit FS Server. The IP is 24.93.12.155 This needs testing so if you run into problems please let me know here or a PM. The password is....... mycockpit

BlackWidow
09-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks bob :d

Michael Carter
09-17-2008, 09:40 PM
My comm system isn't installed yet, but just as soon as it is...

I gotta try this out. I'd love flying with the members heir.

JBaymore
09-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks Bob.

I'll hopefully try it again tomorrow and let you know if anything is up. Did you open the ports for AIBridge too?

best,

..................john

Bob Reed
09-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks Bob.

I'll hopefully try it again tomorrow and let you know if anything is up. Did you open the ports for AIBridge too?

best,

..................john

Hmmmm what where they? Do you remember?

Matt Olieman
09-18-2008, 05:24 AM
For those not having IE on their com machine. Try installing Chrome Google. This is a sweet browser, takes very little memory to run, and is fast. I now use it for all my browsing.

Matt Olieman.

JBaymore
09-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Hmmmm what where they? Do you remember?

Bob,

23456 TCP ....which will already be open.

And then there is 47624 TCP and UDP.

That is the most definitive info I know of. The docs for AIBridge are scant and Jose is apparently no longer updating it. It always WAS meant for early VATSIM and IVAO to start with, not FSHost servers. With the changes to Squawkbox and FSInn......I think it is no longer necessary.

BTW he released the source code for the 2.0 version of AIBridge into the public domain. You can download it from his site.

I hope THAT will act as a catalyst for someone to write a BETTER multiplayer interface to inject the TACAS data off the FSHost servers into the sim. I HATE not being able to see the other payers on the ND display.

best,

..................john

AchillesP
09-18-2008, 12:00 PM
What about using IBNET?

http://ibirdsoft.altervista.org/

p2p technology.

JBaymore
09-18-2008, 12:51 PM
What about using IBNET?

http://ibirdsoft.altervista.org/

p2p technology.

Sumimasen, demo ano uebusaito ga wakarimasen, ne'.

Sorry... but that website made about as much sense to me as the above probably did to you. ;) (Romaji no Nihongo = Romanized Japanese)

I am assuming here that it is something like VATSIM's Squawkbox for use on a particular proprietary network setup?

best,

................john

AchillesP
09-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Sumimasen, demo ano uebusaito ga wakarimasen, ne'.

Sorry... but that website made about as much sense to me as the above probably did to you. ;) (Romaji no Nihongo = Romanized Japanese)

I am assuming here that it is something like VATSIM's Squawkbox for use on a particular proprietary network setup?

best,

................john

Did you choose english?;)

JBaymore
09-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Did you choose english?;)

Actually...yeah I did.

I just found the website info and descriptions very sketchy. Couldn't find a manual for the overall concept... jsut stuff for the "add ons".

Which thing does what? What exactly is it for? Is it only for air races? Is it just one machine to another or is connecting to a dedicated server?

The biggest question is why haven't I heard of this before? Is anyone using it?

best,

..................john

AchillesP
09-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Actually...yeah I did.

I just found the website info and descriptions very sketchy. Couldn't find a manual for the overall concept... jsut stuff for the "add ons".

Which thing does what? What exactly is it for? Is it only for air races? Is it just one machine to another or is connecting to a dedicated server?

The biggest question is why haven't I heard of this before? Is anyone using it?

best,

..................john

It is a client for connecting to multiplayer. It uses p2p tecnhology. When a plane is 10 nm near to another then a p2p session is established between them to share data. Than means no lag and you see also all the effects of the other plane. It actually makes fs2004 multiplayer as fsx multiplayer throu gamespy.

JBaymore
09-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the reply. SO this is for connecting to Gamespy only?

best,

................john

AchillesP
09-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the reply. SO this is for connecting to Gamespy only?

best,

................john

No. You make a server and the other clients connects

Deesystems
09-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Pilots,

IBnet is basically a database that runs on Windows or Linux systems as "the server"

You then use the Ibnetplayer to add aircraft and then connect the client (you) to the server.

[IBnet Linux Server daemon + MySQL database connection]
Database table-
The database has a single table with the following info,

ID
Name
IP
Latitude
Longitude
Altitude

Dee

JBaymore
09-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Back on topic ...........

Ok folks. Here it is. Back by popular demand the Mycockpit FS Server. The IP is 24.93.12.155 This needs testing so if you run into problems please let me know here or a PM. The password is....... mycockpit

Bob,

Did you set up the Teamspeak server on it?

best,

...............john

Bob Reed
09-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Back on topic ...........

Bob,

Did you set up the Teamspeak server on it?

best,

...............john

Hi John. No I did not we will use the Mycockpit server. All you need to do is log in the first time with IE to set up your account and then you can log in directly to it with TS you don't need IE again.

AndyT
09-19-2008, 03:18 AM
I connected no problem. Nobody else was online at the time though...

Deesystems
09-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Members can get there login name from:
http://mycockpit.org/forums/gteamspeak.php

*Members that have not connected to Mycockpit TS server should first connect to the TS server from there non flight sim system first. This will register you in the forums for TS usage and fill in the information *

http://www.mycockpit.org/images/TS1sttimepng.png

Saving to Addressbook

http://www.mycockpit.org/images/TSconn.png

Go to Connection > Connect
Right Click left pane, choose Add Server
Label: Mycockpit FScomms
Server Address: 74.52.237.103
Nickname:
Click 'Registered' radio button
Login Name: Forum user name.number
User Password:
Check Auto-Reconect
Press Connect

Now the Mycocpit FS Comms will be in the address book in TS

to reconnect open TS and click Connection > Connect then under the Local Addressebook > Servers > Mycockpit FScomms Then click Connect.

Dee

JBaymore
09-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Ditto here. All OK for basic connect

We need multiple people on at the same time to check for possible server port forwarding issues. Plus for me to check if my AIBridge (for the TACAS in the Ellie ND) is causing it's usual shenanagins of blocking SOME people from connecting..... but not others. And suddenly stopping working. And so on.

And while I am on that "port" subject.............

One of the biggest problems with multiplayer is when someone does not have their ports set up correctly for joining a FSHost online flight server. When this happens someone else usually has problems connecting. Or gets booted, or stuff like AIBridge and FSNavigator do not work correctly.

This little program by the developer of FSHost lets you test your computer before you try to join a session without checking your ports, and thereby might give other players the dreaded "All players could not connect" message, or create other issues.

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/FSPortTest.exe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From their website:

First, if you have FS2002 or FS2004 running and you're connected to a server, disconnect from it (but you can leave the program running). If you have FSHost running, stop the game servers (under the Server menu). Then save the program above somewhere on your machine, and double-click it to run it. It'll test all the normal ports and tell you if there are any errors. If it reports an error for a port, then it means that the outside world is not able to send data to you on that port, and you need to check your firewall and/or router again.

If you want to add additional ports for it to test, open a Command Prompt window (Start / Programs / Accessories / Command Prompt), change to the directory where you saved the program, and then run it with the additional ports added to the command line, separated by spaces. For example, to test 23455 and 23457 in addition to the normal ports, you'd run this:

FSPortTest.exe 23455 23457

And here's the full list of ports again, just for reference:

FS2002:
TCP 47624
UDP 2300 to 2400

FS2004 and FSX:
UDP 23456 (or your "2004 host port" on Server / Options / Session tab)
UDP 6073
UDP 2302 to 2400 (not necessary if also forwarding 2300 to 2400 for FS2002)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REMINDER: You may also have a hardware firewall in your DSL modem / Router that can block stuff. If the above test consistently fails but you feel you have the ports open correctly, disable the hardware firewall and test again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you read the docs on their website and above, you can run the program and ADD ports that are not in the system by default, by changing the run command. So you can add the AIBridge port of 47624 TCP and UDP to your test.

best,

....................john

Deesystems
09-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Matt and I connected with out connection issues useing fs9 and fsX, Luk737 joined us shortly after.

Dee

Matt Olieman
09-19-2008, 01:22 PM
The three of us had good time :) That's with Dee and Luk737 and me. Next time let's do the approaches with minimums :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

JBaymore
09-19-2008, 01:46 PM
OK..... starting to get some traffic in the "Friendly Skies". :D

best,

...............john

AndyT
09-19-2008, 01:54 PM
You guys are out flying and I'm off to work. We really gotta get more builders from Hawaii. The time zone difference is killing multiplayer flying for me.

Bob Reed
09-19-2008, 05:18 PM
So then, so far all is well? I am not going to mess around with it if it is working.....

JBaymore
09-19-2008, 05:25 PM
I'll try and get on this evening and do some flying.

best,

..................john

JBaymore
09-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Nice seeing a bunch of us on the server tonight. :)

best,

.................john

luk737
09-20-2008, 04:10 PM
was great flying. we should create a mycockpit base where we go to fly. perhaps we should create some scenery. hope to see you in the skies..

luk737
=)

Matt Olieman
09-20-2008, 05:46 PM
was great flying. we should create a mycockpit base where we go to fly. perhaps we should create some scenery. hope to see you in the skies..

luk737
=)

Fantastic idea Luk. Set up a nice base airport (where we can meet) with ILS, VOR, Long runways (for those that need it ;):) ) and who knows what else.... LOL

Matt Olieman

AndyT
09-20-2008, 05:50 PM
We could use Area 51.... ;)
Add a deli/resturant with a 5 star hotel. Just be sure to make them all camoflaged.

Trevor Hale
09-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Actually, I would have to say that Orlando International is where MyCockpit, Inc. is Located. Therefore, I would love to put it out there for someone to throw our logo on one of the Hangers at Orlando. I am sure the runways are long enough there. LOL

Sounds like a nice piece of scenery, and we could place it in our downloads.

Trev

BlackWidow
09-20-2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah that is a really good idea.

Matt Olieman
09-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Here you go.... here's the airport info... :) :) :)

Airport scenery designers... where are you???? :) :) :)

Meet you all there.

Matt O.

JBaymore
09-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Matt, I understand that you have approved the budget for the new MyCockpit terminal building. Is that correct? ;)

best,

................john

Matt Olieman
09-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Matt, I understand that you have approved the budget for the new MyCockpit terminal building. Is that correct? ;)

best,

................john

Yes of course.... LOL, I'm sure I did, or at least someone did :roll:

BTW, in my last post I forgot to add the link for KMCO info.

http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KMCO/APD/AIRPORT+DIAGRAM

Matt Olieman

Trevor Hale
09-21-2008, 10:23 AM
I approved it while you were out Matt :)

I believe taking up residence next to the North Cargo Area beside the end of 18L will be suitable space for our New terminal.

But that was just a suggestion.

Trev

Matt Olieman
09-21-2008, 10:27 AM
I approved it while you were out Matt :)

I believe taking up residence next to the North Cargo Area beside the end of 18L will be suitable space for our New terminal.

But that was just a suggestion.

Trev

Do I get my own private parking spot.... LMAO :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

Trevor Hale
09-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Of Course you and I each get our own parking spot.

Most importantly there will be a couple of Gates One for each My737 and your A340. That go directly to our offices...

LOL

Sounds like we need a contest here Matt!

Matt Olieman
09-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Let's see, what can we give away for someone to build us a Hanger and offices at the location you suggested.... Any ideas.... ?????? :) :) :) :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

Trevor Hale
09-21-2008, 11:12 AM
SO Guys,

Here is what we need. FOR FS9

http://www.mycockpitinc.com/picts/MyCockpitOffice.jpg

This office needs to appear on the North end of the field at Orlando International Airport.

We need at least 2 Aircraft gates, One suitable for an A340, and of for a 737NG

We Need Parking for all our visitors and 2 Parking spots for Matt and I. Trees, Courtyard and a Private Road to get to our office with "Card Access Lift Arm Gates and a guard Hut" in and out of the office parking lot to the main parking lot and shipping and receiving.

Lots of Parking for MyCockpit Members Aircraft. (GA, and The Big Boys). Of course we will need our own Tug's and Stair trucks, and of course Fuel.

How does this sound?

Trev

DAL900
09-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Since I work at KMCO I would recommend the following files ALL from AVSIM unless otherwise noted:

ALL files are for FS9, I also have MCO from CLoud9 for FSX and recommend that since I was a beta tester and sent over 300 photos

Orlando downtown scenery: cityoforlandoflv1.zip

KORL Orlando Executive Airport, Orlando: orl2005.zip
KORL Small fix file to address the error in the ILS/Backcourse functionality: orl2005a.zip

KMCO: kmco_full_v1.zip
To get KMCO_FULL to work properly you will need the following files from runway12 : rwy12_program_v1.2.zip, rwy12_lib1_v1.2.zip, rwy12_lib2_v1.2.zip, rwy12_lib3_v1.2.zip

If you don not want to use that one, try this one: orlando2008.zip

Another nearby airport KSFB Orlando-Sanford International Airport :ksfb_v1_0.zip

You can fly near the restricted air space and see a shuttle launch Shuttle Launch 06:shuttlelaunch06.zip and you'll see a launch without the T-:09 that punked me last time

If you want to go all out for VFR flying, I highly recommend the FREEflow Ultimate Florida v1.2: ffflv1.2.zip
and FREEflow Ultimate Florida v1.2 UPGRADE ffflv1.2upgrade.zip Both can also be found here:http://fs-freeflow.com and AVSIM

You may also get thes files at Flightsim.com but unless you have a "paid: menbership the d/l's will be 4x longer

DAL900
09-21-2008, 11:36 AM
who put smilie faces on O's for orlando?????

Matt Olieman
09-21-2008, 12:01 PM
who put smilie faces on O's for orlando?????

You did, LMAO

: and o to close = :o

LOL

I fixed it.

Thanks for the info :) BTW, what are you using for scenery?

Matt Olieman

Matt Olieman
09-21-2008, 12:41 PM
I get this at AVSIM:

This webpage is not found.

No webpage was found for the web address: ftp://mattolieman:605ec55e9f24bfc834d5c26d98d49f85@library.avsim.net/civil_flight/msfs/fs2004/scenery/ffflv1.2upgrade.zip

and it's not at flightsim.com either.

Any other place it may be or is the v1.2 already an updated version. Anyone know?

Matt Olieman

DAL900
09-21-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm using everything you see above plus GA airports along the coast Melbourne, Titusville, Lakeland, Grooveland, (any airport or grass field that I can find that I have flown toin a real plane) the citrus tower add-on, all at Avsim. I have almost all of Flytampa and looking at getting the blue print and fsdream team sceneries. Now that I'm going ETOPS I'll problbly get some European sceneries

DUHHHH semi colon in front of orlando : orl :orlando

DAL900
09-21-2008, 12:55 PM
I just d/l'ed ffflv1.2upgrade.zip from avsim, first time I got a error 404 no page then refreshed it and the d/l popped up. To find scenery at Avsim search fs9 scenery florida. You will get scenery from Tallahassee to Key West

AndyT
09-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Sounds good! Now I wish I was a scenery designer!
Can someone collect all these sceneries into a package and put them in the download section here? That way we could have the 'Official' MCP Florida package.

Deesystems
09-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Team,
Threw this together and needs some testing

http://www.mycockpit.org/images/kmcoFSX.png

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/downloads/KMCO_DSG.BGL

DAL900
09-27-2008, 06:21 AM
That looks like the west ramp next to the Continental north hanger, the silver building is where the Army use to house their helos and now is storage for GOAA maintenece. Which MCO scenery is that for so there wont be a conflict

Matt Olieman
09-27-2008, 08:22 AM
I believe this is the default scenery.

David has been working hard on scenery design to make a MyCockpit meeting place. Including the MyCockpit virtual office which will be placed in this area.

Thanks Dave for your continued efforts to build the MyCockpit Aircraft Courtyard. :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

Deesystems
09-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Its the default scenery, so i knew every one had it,

Its the North East side of 18L. The default scenery has it taged as a cargo ramp.

I think CA is the North west side of 18R.

DAL900
09-27-2008, 09:15 AM
OK, that would be the old UPS ramp which is now a slab