PDA

View Full Version : FSX Trim Function Interfacing

Tripacer
09-01-2008, 11:01 PM
I am using Microsoft FSX to fly a general aviation Piper Tripacer. I am also playing with Saitek yoke and rudder pedal. The trim function seems to be a keypress for the simulation. Most general avaition aircraft including mine has some type of wheel for nose up/down trim.

Any ideas about how to convert rotary trim wheel motion into discrete keypresses?

I want my cockpit to reflect the real aircraft. I am wiring my master switch to the power strip for the computer systems. Flip the master Switch and things start coming on.

Thanks, Tripacer builder.

Michael Carter
09-01-2008, 11:13 PM
I think you might mean the reverse. How can you change the descrete kepresses into a rotary motion. (?)

A rotary encoder and input board will solve that problem for you.

Others here will have to supply the instructions that have done that. From what I've read here, it's not hard to do.

Tripacer
09-01-2008, 11:19 PM
I think you might mean the reverse. How can you change the descrete kepresses into a rotary motion. (?)

A rotary encoder and input board will solve that problem for you.

Others here will have to supply the instructions that have done that. From what I've read here, it's not hard to do.

Actually, I want to turn the trim wheel either nose down or nose up and have the simulation react. On the Saitek yoke, that function is accomplished through a two position yoke switch.

Tripacer.

Michael Carter
09-01-2008, 11:27 PM
I know. I used to roll the trim wheel back or forward for trimming many Cessna and Mooney aircraft. You need to turn those keypresses into a fluid motion that FS recognises.

Efe Cem Elci
09-02-2008, 02:38 AM
I think the misunderstanding comes from the fact that Tripacer builder is talking about the software side (translating rotary wheel motion into keypresses that the FSX can recognize) whereas BSW is talking about the pilot side (changing discrete keypresses currently used into a rotary motion to better simulate the real aircraft controls). ;)

Either way, you are both right. And I hope I am right as well.

BSW is also right in the suggestion, an encoder and input board is what you're looking for.