PDA

View Full Version : Opencockpit's MCP and FSX.

dimon2kgb
08-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Hello!!! Noticed some problems with my MCP's SIOC and FSX. It was discussed there: http://mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12822, but no one didn't give full SIOC-script.

Does someone have it?

Dmitry.

Padraig
08-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Hello!!! Noticed some problems with my MCP's SIOC and FSX. It was discussed there: http://mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12822, but no one didn't give full SIOC-script.

Does someone have it?

Dmitry.

I can give you the script I use for some of their modules and it includes the MCP if your interested, but given the script you still need to so a little bit of work on it so that it will work with your MCP. Give me a PM with your details and I will send it to you.

dimon2kgb
08-31-2008, 04:09 AM
U know, i've configured buttons VOR LOC, ALT HLD and the N1. The only problem is C/O. it doesn't work, and i have no ideas what to do.

Thanks.

Padraig
08-31-2008, 10:34 AM
I have replied to your PM....

dimon2kgb
09-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Hi! It's again me. Now i have EFIS-737.

Programming it in SIOC is rather difficult, so I think now about key emulation. In FSUIPC there is Key Emulation. But there're no EFIS functions! What to do?

Thanks.
Dmitry.

Padraig
09-28-2008, 10:47 AM

Does someone have it?

Dmitry.

I have give you the full script for the modules of 737 MCP and their EFIS, which the basic code is used and correct, the only thing you need to do is assign the device number to the USB port in the sioc.ini file and then you have to open the script in sioc and assign the despositivo which is shown in the main sioc screen. The C/O button works perfectly in my version of SIOC.

dimon2kgb
09-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Just maybe we have different versions of FSX? My EFIS don't work, only BARO encoder works.

Padraig
09-29-2008, 08:10 AM
Just maybe we have different versions of FSX? My EFIS don't work, only BARO encoder works.

Are you using Project Magenta ?

dimon2kgb
09-29-2008, 08:13 AM
No... I would like to use it, but I even don't know where to buy it.

Padraig
09-29-2008, 08:38 AM
No... I would like to use it, but I even don't know where to buy it.

Hi there, I thought you were using project Magenta as thats what my SIOC file is based on because I own the software my self, you can purchase the software by emailing them and asking, more than likely Thomas or Kate will get back to you in no time, I have attached a pdf of their price list for you, now its about a year or more old, so the prices might differ a little.

This is their website

www.projectmagenta.com

dimon2kgb
09-29-2008, 08:38 AM
I've just downloaded Project Magenta Glass cockpit Demo, all works fine, but how to link this programm with sim? Maybe i just should register? (buy a full version)

Padraig
09-29-2008, 08:55 AM
I've just downloaded Project Magenta Glass cockpit Demo, all works fine, but how to link this programm with sim? Maybe i just should register? (buy a full version)

Well, if you are using the demo of Boeing glass cockpit, you should have the MCP, CDU and also the Glass cockpit. There is different versions of Boeing glass cockpit that are free, I think ON-737 is one of them which is free, you can obtain the link from www.opencockpits.com website. Also If im not mistaken you need the latest version of FSUIPC with Project magenta which you will receive a free copy when you purchase Project Magenta glass cockpit software

regards

dimon2kgb
09-30-2008, 03:09 AM
Ok, thanks, I'll try. If i won't make my EFIS work without PM.

U know, just I can't find EFIS offsets for FSUIPC... I i was able, i would easily make a SIOC...

Now i'm thinking about mouse macros, but i don't know how to get "RXxxxx*xxxx" - names.

As FSUIPC user's manual says, when u turn on mouse macro function, there will be a pop-up window, where i can see the RXxxxx*xxxx for this point. But i have no any windows.

So, i'm in deadlock :(

dimon2kgb
09-30-2008, 06:35 AM
That's the problem:

Most of the EFIS panel controls are purely panel functions and only usable with the mouse. I have long complained to MS about the number of default panel facilities with no keyboard or button configurability, let alone any way to them via "offsets".

I've always maintained that anything switchable by mouse ought also to have a way of driving it directly via FS controls or events, and feedback via token values, but still both default and add-on panels feature some such switching.

The EFIS panel functions which can be assigned (with names to match) are:

Increase decision height
Decrease decision height
Barometric std pressure
Kohlsman inc (i.e altimeter pressure setting inc)
Kohlsman dec (i.e altimeter pressure setting dec)

I'm afraid the others are only mousable, and I have no solution for them. You could use Lucian Napolitano's Key2Mouse program, to assign keypresses to make the mouse move and click, then program those keypresses to joystick buttons in FSUIPC's "Keys" tab. I don't know any other way. Even the "mouse macro" facilities I've added and am still developing won't work on those.

Regards
Pete.

But this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=549Q2MMTvAk managed to plug it in and write a SIOC... But I don't know how. Nobody knows, i think :(