PDA

View Full Version : Real Environment Extreme

Padraig
08-29-2008, 02:35 PM
I Don't know if any of you guys know about this but I am surely looking forward to this new software called Real Environment Extreme

I am currently using HiFi`s software for the real time weather and the X-Graphics software and I am very pleased with it, but this software regarding the clouds water etc really impresses me.

Have a look at the videos and screen shots on the website.

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com

So, what are your views and comments ?

Tomlin
08-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Well, Im definately going to buy it for FS9 and of course then it's availble for FSX if I make the switch, so Im just eagerly awaiting its release.

Padraig
08-29-2008, 03:05 PM
I think they are focusing on FSX more so than FS9 but I think both versions will be released at the same time, but don't hold me to that.

ian@737ng.co.uk
08-30-2008, 01:09 AM
eric.....
look here, the FS9 version is free to download from AVSIM. there's a link on the page.
http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/about.html
quick look round after installation, the aircraft lights are an improvement, you can actually see the taxi lines now. the runway and taxiway lights are also better. gonna give it a good runthrough when i've done the chores :o))
regards to alll ... ian

AndyT
08-30-2008, 03:46 AM
Yes, if you run FS9 then this should be on your list of must haves.

Tomlin
08-30-2008, 03:58 AM
Actually pay close attention- REX is for FSX *and* FS9, but is Not released yet. Real Environment Pro has been at Avsim for quite some time and is Great! I have used it for quite a while now and I suggest it to any FS9 user.

Trevor Hale
08-30-2008, 09:23 AM
This looks like incredible stuff. I had never head of it until now. I think it will need to go on my shopping list when it is released.

Trev

percy
08-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Looks great but I wonder about frame rate hits.

Michael Carter
08-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Very impressive indeed.

I didn't see any mention made on the site or support forum about how it will interact with or impact add-on third-party scenery.

I'm a little concerned about that as I'm happy with the payware as it is.

Bob Reed
08-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Very impressive indeed.

I didn't see any mention made on the site or support forum about how it will interact with or impact add-on third-party scenery.

I'm a little concerned about that as I'm happy with the payware as it is.

This has always been a concern of mine as well and I have never had a good answer to it. Maybe a new thread? How does 3rd party software interact with each other when you install multiple packages? Does one "over write" the other so you lose some of the function graphics? This is simething I would like to know....

Padraig
08-30-2008, 10:40 AM
This has always been a concern of mine as well and I have never had a good answer to it. Maybe a new thread? How does 3rd party software interact with each other when you install multiple packages? Does one "over write" the other so you lose some of the function graphics? This is simething I would like to know....

I think this is a question that has come up on the Avsim forums, as in regards to the frame rate hits, I'm sure the program will have a option for DXT, 16bit,32bit etc etc types of texture install so that would help people with different spec systems as in regards to FPS. I currently use HiFi`s software X-Graphics and it has a massive amount of replacement textures for sky, clouds,roads,cities, water, runways,taxi etc and it does not interfere with any other addons I have like airports scenery etc. But who knows!

JBaymore
08-30-2008, 10:45 AM
For fs2004 I already run the payware Ground Environment Pro and Flight Environment...... so I wonder if this would an "up" or a "down" grade?

Wonder if I can selectively use some of the textures from this that might be better?

Thoughts.

best,

................john

Padraig
08-30-2008, 01:39 PM
For fs2004 I already run the payware Ground Environment Pro and Flight Environment...... so I wonder if this would an "up" or a "down" grade?

Wonder if I can selectively use some of the textures from this that might be better?

Thoughts.

best,

................john

To be honest, I can well bet that there will be options as in for what you would like to install choice wise, it simply would not make sense if this product did not have those options. Their real time weather engine is supposed to be really nice too. Have any of you looked at that part REX ?