PDA

View Full Version : I must be sick in the head

WJH308
08-25-2008, 07:27 PM
My small efficiency apartment in Miami is starting to fill up with L-1011 parts. Went out and bought a Weller soldering iron, been making wiring diagrams on interfacing the components, just bought a Captains Yoke that was part of a Delta L1011, and I found a throttle quadrant!!!! Oh yes, A real L1011 throttle quadrant... I much be crazy! Can't wait to get all of this going... I wish Level D made an L1011... I think the captains instrument panel I have is from the Lockheed demonstrator...
It was always a childhood dream of mine to fly an L1011, I am simply a decade too late, guess my butt will end up in an airbus or 737ng...
Anyhow, are there any L1011 lovers here that happen to know the ins and outs of the L1011? What I mean is that my panel has the Alternate static source selection panel on it. The back-lighting on it works, lights in the buttons work fine, but my question is this... When you press in the button, is the ALT light supposed to go out? On some of them, they are wired that way, others are not on the ALT static panel...

Michael Carter
08-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Cool stuff. You can never have too many parts.