PDA

View Full Version : Master BATT and Master Avionics confusion

Tomlin
08-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi guys

Im not entirely sure if this is correct (hence my posting here) but I believe that the PMRJ has two different variable/functions in the PMRJ software backwards.

This issue has bugged me ever since I purchased and installed the PMRJ software, and I believe that I have now figured out what may be happening.

Scenario:

Press the switch that is interfaced as "Master Batt" and nothing comes up on the Display Units (DUs) and then press on the "Avionics Master" and the DUs come alive. If you turn OFF the Master Batt switch, the DUs remain ON, yet you lose the avionics Nav and Comm reception.

However, if you watch the LJ45 instrument panel, upone pressing ON the Master Battery, the Display Units come alive and when pressing ON the Avionics Master, the actual Nav and Comm info appears. This is exactly opposite of the PMRJ's reaction to these two offsets.

Obviously because the interface is controlling the instrument panel in the software correctly but the PMRJ seems to behaive opposite, I wonder if it's coded backwards to where it brings up the wrong info when the correct offset is sent. In other words,

the offset for Master Battery is coded to bring up the Avionics in PMRJ and...
the offset for Avionics Master is coded to bring up the Batteries.

This is evidenced by the fact that it works opposite and in the logical order in the panel on the screen (dekstop panel).

Thoughts?

alaxus
08-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Hmm, interesting, I will do a check on that and see if I am having the same issue.
Which offsets are you using Eric? Just the standard ones?

Edit: Are you using the sys3 to control this?

Michael Carter
08-24-2008, 11:30 PM
I don't know anything about either the PMRJ or the LearJet, but I do know that nothing turns on the battery buss except a switch marked BAT.

Something is not right there.

The battery buss and/or hot battery buss is the first power aboard the aircraft and nothing works without it when on internal power.

Tomlin
08-25-2008, 08:35 AM
Thanks guys for your input. Turns out that I was right- I have seen some work provided on this over the weekend from PM. Hopefully there will be a new version available soon!

*** Edit ***

Just seen this:

Build 90

- battery/avionics handling started
- added messages
- added APU handling on ND page (press T to cycle)

Thanks Enrico/PM Team!

alaxus
08-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Just seen this:

Build 90

- battery/avionics handling started
- added messages
- added APU handling on ND page (press T to cycle)

Thanks Enrico/PM Team!

Good to see, will give the new build a go this weekend.