PDA

View Full Version : Anyone flying the storm?

DAL900
08-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Just wondering if anyone was flying in tropical storm Fay? I have been flying it in a Hurricane hunter from AVSIM since yesterday off cuba. Now doing approches in the Level-D 767, 757,747 and GA. What a ride. It's around Vero Beack KVRB and Patricick AFB KCOF. Right now winds are picking up here near Kissimmee KISM.

These local and national reporters are such hype builders. A Weather channel reporter was talking about the surfers were," catching some tastey waves", yea, all 2 feet of them. I can look out my window and see its rainy and some wind, I don't need a moron standing in a puddle warning me about flooding. Put the Olympics back on

DAL900

Michael Carter
08-19-2008, 09:49 PM
The people at The Weather Channel live for the hurricane season almost as much as the tornado season in the Midwest.

I've never seen a group of people get more excited over nothing 90% of the time.

Who in their right mind would stand out in the middle of hurricane force winds and dodge flying debri to tell us how bad it is. :roll:

They're worse than storm chasers in the Midwest.

DAL900
08-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Thing is there isn't any really high winds around here (thankfully), just gusts to maaaaybe 20 mph, if that. But they seek out areas where there is not any trees that block the wind, just beach fronts or lake fronts to get the "effect" of high winds. Thats what the locals stations are doing.

And then there is the moron wind boarder in actual tropical storm winds.
http://www.wftv.com/video/17230525/index.html

Joe Cygan
08-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Thing is there isn't any really high winds around here (thankfully), just gusts to maaaaybe 20 mph, if that. But they seek out areas where there is not any trees that block the wind, just beach fronts or lake fronts to get the "effect" of high winds. Thats what the locals stations are doing.

And then there is the moron wind boarder in actual tropical storm winds.
http://www.wftv.com/video/17230525/index.html

Nice blow job! He he;)

747sim
08-19-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm in Jacksonville where they claim its going to make a 90 degree turn as a cat 1 hurricane, all the weather channel are talking about how bad the bands of rain are and how much flooding there will be and how there is supposed to be a crap load of rain. there has been about 15 minutes of rain all day. its so disastrous. :-D

vpilot
08-20-2008, 05:25 AM
In case of an emergency, life vests are stown under your seats. Place over your head and pull the strings to inflate. In case the vest doesn't inflate automatically, place the attached pipe in your mouth and blow. If the vest does not inflate manually, please put the vest back in its original package and return it to the address listed on the back for a full refund. No postage neccessary. Have a nice day.

747sim
08-20-2008, 11:12 AM
OK now I'll give them credit, there was A LOT of rain last night

imported_767300
08-20-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm down in Boynton beach,and one of my patio chairs tipped over last night.I think a palm fron fell too.

DAL900
08-20-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm down in Boynton beach,and one of my patio chairs tipped over last night.I think a palm fron fell too.

Well hurry and take a photo of it and send it to CNN(Cable Numb *uts) and you too can be an "I reporter". Maybe Robin Mead will do a on air phone interview with you

737NUT
08-20-2008, 07:18 PM
I flew a couple of approach's into Daytona Beech in the 727. Fun stuff by hand flying!

WJH308
08-20-2008, 08:43 PM
see above, redundant post...

WJH308
08-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Heres a track of me flying up to Orlando ferrying a cessna out of the way of the Hurricane. Ended up only being a part of it, slept right through it in Orlando, and flew back earlier today...