PDA

View Full Version : Citation page updated

Adino
08-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Just to let you know I updated my page with pics of the progress do far, look into the progress section. I'll be updating the other pages during the weekend. Hoppefully I will be able to share some pics of the panel with software loaded. keep you posted....

vpilot
08-15-2008, 04:39 AM
Looking very good! What software will you be using? Project Magenta?

Cheerio,

Sander

Adino
08-15-2008, 11:53 AM
IT is PM for the moment and FSSpand for the tape style gauges until a better solution is available.:roll:

Tomlin
08-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Where are the tape gauges coming from?

Trevor Hale
08-15-2008, 12:08 PM
FSXpand. I think thats what he meant.

Adino
08-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Yes, thx for correcting...

http://cockpitsolutions.com/flyware/images/features/f100_eicas1.jpg

Tomlin
08-15-2008, 01:35 PM
I got cha now, I was thinking that was a different program.

Thanks for sharing!

Paul Thomas
08-16-2008, 10:44 AM
This project of yours looks like done by a professional, great craftsmanship to be seen here. This certainly is a homepage I will have to visit more frequently.

Adino
08-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Paul,
thx for the kind words, I'll be updating the site soon with new progress on the panel and opening the other sections of the site as well during the weekend.

rottenlungs
08-19-2008, 04:57 AM
Hi. That looks fantastic. It looks to become a beautiful sim in a beautiful country too. Very nice.

A question. How did you make the surrounds for each of the gauges? I`m doing a Crude King Air 350 Panel based on a couple of LCD`s behind some cut MDF. At the moment my MIP is OK but has a single large hole for the 15" screen. I intend to make a much more carefully cut plate which will have each individual gauge cut out of it, possible made from plastic rather than MDF.

Keep up the good work on your site too - it is very inspirational to watch everyone`s progress.

Cheers

James

Adino
08-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Thx, James.
The frames have been cut-out of 15mm wood board. they are all handcut.

rottenlungs
08-20-2008, 07:16 AM
Ok - that's thicker wood than I was expecting. I used 4.5mm mdf for the basis of my panel (with some stiffener beams of 20x10mm behind).

I'll try some test cuts with 15mm and see how I get on.

Thanks

James

Thx, James.
The frames have been cut-out of 15mm wood board. they are all handcut.

Adino
08-20-2008, 03:14 PM
James,
It is my mistake the number is wrong, I revisit the material measurements and it is actually 6mm not 15, apologies:oops:
rgds,

Adino
08-20-2008, 03:22 PM
In addition this is my way in doing it (after lessons learned..):

1) make the frame drawing(s) on the board
2) make a hole in the middle or near the edge of the frame drawing( that part will be cut anyway)
3)Cut your way carefully to the edge of frame and start your way cutting the frame out.

This can be done with jigsaw are with a machine with very small and flexibel wood saw (I prefer the latter..:wink:)
good luck.

rottenlungs
08-21-2008, 06:47 AM
Cool. 6mm sounds a lot easier. I've got a cheap jigsaw and a small hand fretsaw.

Cheers

James

In addition this is my way in doing it (after lessons learned..):

1) make the frame drawing(s) on the board
2) make a hole in the middle or near the edge of the frame drawing( that part will be cut anyway)
3)Cut your way carefully to the edge of frame and start your way cutting the frame out.

This can be done with jigsaw are with a machine with very small and flexibel wood saw (I prefer the latter..:wink:)
good luck.

Adino
10-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Got some time this weekend and decided to update my page with some of the progress made on the frame...take a visit!;)

Douglas999
10-19-2008, 05:21 AM
Project and website looking great. I just noticed from the pictures of your flight director that I could have used the switches from Open Cockpits instead of modifying the ones i used. This is the great thing about this site and the ability to share information.:D

cheers

Douglas