PDA

View Full Version : Networked Computer

PilotSergio
08-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Hello, I am doing my research before I go and buy anything. Basically the plan is to build a cockpit roughly like a 747 except instead of using physical gauges, I will have 3 monitors to display them. 1 for each pilot and one for center information (being a touchscreen). I will use a projector for all my scenery. The problem we have here now is that there are 4 displays, my 8800GTX only supports two outputs. I have heard that you can use a Triplehead2go and split it up or network a computer to view gauges, which is the cheapest option and where can I get more information on networking computers?

Are there any free programs for networking gauges?

TasKiNG
08-11-2008, 12:55 PM
I have installed FSUIPC/WinFS on my FS PC and then display my gauges, fms etc on 3 monitors on a networked PC. To get 3 monitors I have an AGP card which gives 2 outputs and have also installed a PCI video card for the 3rd monitor. I am using FreeFD and P8RSoftware free instruments software. Both of these packages remember which monitor and position the gauge was in last time it was run. I still need to build the cockpit to put the monitors in but am concentrating on getting the switch / warning pannels sorted 1st.

Hope this helped

Cheers

Dave

PilotSergio
08-19-2008, 08:06 AM
Thanks mate, I'll do my research on those, for switches, I'm looking at using old joystick buttons for everything I need.