PDA

View Full Version : ERJ 145 Update

PaulEMB
08-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Well Folks,

After several weeks of planning all sorts of ways to move the sim 600Km from Barcelona to Madrid, from trailer to tow trucks to vans, not missing the Viking Funeral approach of just taking it into the yard and burning it, I finally bit the bullet and dismantled the whole thing, and carted by van yesterday.
The 8 pcs go by car with us on Saturday.

3 years to build, 2 days to reduce to components!

Almost 20 cubic meters of MDF, timber and ply survived the journey I have made virtually very often, and all I have to do now is find the "best fit room" to start over.

Our new home has more space than the old one, but lacks the combined ground floor garage and covered patio that gave birth to the sim.

Once I get the furniture and garage/workshop sorted, its back the Mark VI ERJ - maybe different, but hopefully improved, and after all I have learned, hopefully not 3 more years!:D

Trevor Hale
08-07-2008, 04:56 PM
OMG Paul...

Thats crazy, however I know the feeling.. You truly are a champ. Good luck with the rebuild, and please keep us posted.

Trev

pdpo
08-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi Paul,

that must have been a serious hussle to get everything in parts and move it such a distance.
I will have to do the same but for me its only 50 meter to get it into another location behind the house.
Anyway, I have my in-laws, my wifes brothers and sister living in Madrid too so I need to go there at least ones a year too... mostly on christmas, new year time....
maybe we can meet ones if its flyable again of course....

Greetings Peter Depoortere
Eeklo, belgium

MLeavy737
08-07-2008, 11:49 PM
In the same boat my friend. Bunch of boxes piled up in the garage where the sim used to be. Its tough looking at it! Moving from NY to Houston as soon as my house sells. Cant wait to rebuild and join the club here again!!

Mike Leavy
www.737BBJ2sim.com

Matt Olieman
08-08-2008, 05:40 AM
Mine is either in boxes or in parts 1000 miles away, waiting for the housing market to get back going so I can sell my house up north :( I miss my sim soooooo much :( :( :( But I did bring some substitutes with me to keep my flying :) I'm with you guys.....

Matt Olieman

Tomlin
08-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Mine is either in boxes or in parts 1000 miles away, waiting for the housing market to get back going so I can sell my house up north :( I miss my sim soooooo much :( :( :( But I did bring some substitutes with me to keep my flying :) I'm with you guys.....

Matt Olieman

Yeah, all this Boeing stuff I keep hearing you talk about....the sun really does shine brighter in Florida! :-)

phil744
08-08-2008, 09:56 AM

Matt Olieman

or 3500 miles away;)

PaulEMB
08-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the good comments, guys,

I will keep you posted once I get moving on the rebuild, meanwhile lets hope its true what I said last time - my last house move!