PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the West coast of Canada

Shawn
07-29-2008, 05:53 PM
I've already posted a couple of questions but wanted to introduce myself and say hi just the same. I've been designing/modelling aircraft and scenery for flight simulator for the past 4 years. Modelling just isn't as much fun as it used to be and I'd like to get back into flying so... building a simpit seemed like the next logical step. I've just ordered a new computer and plan to start building a small twin engine generic pit within a week or two. The plan is to use a projector for the forward display, two monitors to display the guages, Siatek yoke and pedals with an additional throttle quadrant and the GoFlight gear,flaps module. Apart from the new computer I already have everyting listed above, in the future I will add two more projectors for the left and right views and a Goflight radio or two. I've already learned a lot from browsing the various posts here in the forums and I'm sure this site will become invaluable once the build begins. I'm really looking forward to this, I'll be sure to post some pictures as things develop in the photo gallery. ;)

warvet
07-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Welcome neighbor,
Good luck with the project Shawn.

Tim
A340
Richmond BC Canada

Sweetwater
07-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Wow Shawn,

Sounds like your plans are a lot like mine.. I have a generic jet pit built with a Panasonic projector, dual monitors and a dual Saitek yoke and throttle setup..

I found this method to get close to a "real" looking pit the most cost effective.. Love the GoFlight stuff too..

Look forward to seeing some pics.

Jeff