PDA

View Full Version : So THIS is where you all are

ruprecht
07-17-2008, 05:50 AM
I'm amazed - after years of casual cockpit building, frequenting ViperPit, Hovercontrol, FrugalsWorld etc, this is the first time I'm stumbled across MyCockpit. I wondered where all the GA builders hung out - now it seems I've found it :grin:

My pit is based on the Akers-Barnes model and caters for my interests in Falcon 4, light GA in FSX and Black Shark (eventually).

Recent pic below, much much more on pitblog here: http://pitblog.radsy.com

Cheers lad(ie)s!

http://pitblog.radsy.com/archives/yoke_sm.jpg

Matt Olieman
07-17-2008, 06:21 AM
WOW!!!! where you been hiding out!!!! :) :) :) Glad to have you here and sharing your cockpit and hopefully your experiences with us :) :)

I'm not sure and I can stand another OZ, LOL Lot's of good OZ friends here :) :) :)

Welcome aboard!!!!

Matt Olieman

AndyT
07-17-2008, 06:21 AM
A nice multi-purpose pit. Good work!

Westozy
07-17-2008, 07:20 AM
G'day mate and welcome to MC.org from the west...

Gwyn

paulj
07-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Gday from Sydney too.
Welcome to the best Flight Sim forum in the world.
Lots of good & helpful people here.

Paul

ruprecht
07-17-2008, 09:52 AM
thanks for the welcome! To the aussies: where do you buy your bits from? I use Jaycar, RS and when necessary order from the US/Canada e.g. Digikey, Mouser, Serv-o-link and BetaInnovations. Any other local suppliers I should be supporting?

paulj
07-17-2008, 10:47 AM
I mostly buy leds,switches etc from Jaycar and Alltronics.
I bought my 45 deg rotary switches from Clinton at Ozziesim, and have found him to be very helpful.
Interface cards I buy from Opencockpits and have bought some panels from Hispapanels both in Spain.
Never had any problems buying from any of them. Service has been great.
I'm awaiting delivery of both Efis and MCP plug and play modules from Opencockpits who have informed me that they were dispatched by mail yesterday.
I try to avoid buying from RS as I find them just a bit too expensive, still sometimes you have no choice on where you can obtain things.

Look forward to seeing somemore of your cockpit.

Paul

Kennair
07-17-2008, 11:46 AM
thanks for the welcome! To the aussies: where do you buy your bits from? I use Jaycar, RS and when necessary order from the US/Canada e.g. Digikey, Mouser, Serv-o-link and BetaInnovations. Any other local suppliers I should be supporting?

Hey welcome once again from the west.

I find **** Smith's to be pretty good for electronic bits as well as Jaycar and Altronics. Otherwise I'm an Opencockpit fan and of course ebay! Just getting into some Falcon 4AF at the moment, boy what a learning curve that is!!!

Have fun,

Ken.

EDIT: Ha! the 4 astrix's above are due to the name of the Australian electronics giant obviously not passing this websites anti-obscenities policy. Mr Richard Smith would be amused.

Westozy
07-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Don't forget Aerosim Solutions!!!

Ken, your throttle handles will be ready today...

Gwyn

Kennair
07-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Don't forget Aerosim Solutions!!!

Ken, your throttle handles will be ready today...

Gwyn

Gwyn, that's excellent! I was still trying to get to some drawings for you but you've beaten me to the punch. I'll organise to come and pick them up (complete with Wild Turkey of course :) )

Ken.

Matt Olieman
07-18-2008, 04:26 AM
Wild Turkey, is that all it takes to get one of Gwyn's Throttles??????? LOL :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

Kennair
07-18-2008, 05:52 AM
Wild Turkey, is that all it takes to get one of Gwyn's Throttles??????? LOL :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

Ha! I wish! No, just the cotton-reel style handles on special for a local builder ;).

Ken.