PDA

View Full Version : New Rotary Encoder Board available

ddimm
07-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Hey All -

I noticed today that desktopaviator.com released a new rotary encoder with analog inputs and digital switches. It looks especially promising to those like me with very limited electronics experience. Has anyone used this product yet?
Best Regards,
Daniel

AndyT
07-17-2008, 05:49 AM
I was checking it out. I think the card from Leo Bodnar is better but this is a nice card from DA.

ian@737ng.co.uk
07-17-2008, 07:50 AM
hi guys.....
steve at DA has been in touch and basically he tells me the chip and the utility have been designed by Leo for him. so it seems, you can have the best of either world.
take it easy and happy landings.... ian

Prof Bill
07-18-2008, 11:19 AM
I myself would go for the original Leo Bodner Board as I have found it's flexibility to be better than most!

The support is excellent.

Leo Bodner also designs a board that supports "load cells" than can be used to make very neat pedal assemblies, brakes etc., etc..

Bill.

Tomlin
07-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Im seriously considering ordering the board from DA and was curious what others think of the Panasonic encoders that they have as well, or if I need to find a better encoder. I like how they are equipped with the push function, which is really handy for 'push to center' functions, etc.