PDA

View Full Version : Led Pushbuttons with LevelD 767

Drewsta
07-06-2008, 06:23 PM
I have had a look at the Simboards website and they really do seem like the way to go for ease of use. I don't really want to programme too much if I can help it. Reading the info about the boards on the site, it seems I should be able to simply wire a switch to the board and the board to my PC (usb) and use the software to tell flightsim what the switch is to do. Then repeat that exercise for the rest of the switches and buttons and hey presto! I'm just wondering can I use pushbuttons with led's built into them as this would be perfect for the level D 767-300?? I have seen some of these pushbuttons in catalogues and they are quite cheap. Push them once and they light up, push them again and the light goes out. I was thinking of then adding my own black cover to the front of the button to create the feel of a 767 push button. It won't be as realistic as the real thing of course but it will do. The only thing is I would have to check the voltage and amps I guess to see if a computer power supply can run them. Anyone think that this is easily achievable with Simboards and not to much hassle?

Michael Carter
07-06-2008, 07:24 PM
It depends upon the voltage the LED's within the switch require. Some have a resistor built into the circuit to drop voltage from 12, 24/28, or other voltage that may not be compatible with the output voltage of the card.

Also, some switch LED's can be wired separately.

Someone here building a glass Boeing or Airbus could advise you of what brand and style will work best.

Thank God for first generation Boeing jets. ;)