PDA

View Full Version : How to begin, where to start?

ekezz
04-18-2006, 03:56 PM
This so others can benefit from these questions

----- Original Message -----
> Hello Kester!
> I bring the big apologies about imperfect knowledge of the English language.
> Thank for that that has written the answer, until recently I did not know as many adult people are keen on fine simulator FS, you good guys and are engaged in great business help and explain to us to beginners questions which are very important at construction of madam FS.
> I only recently, have casually learned(found out) in the Internet that it is possible to construct a cabin for Сима. Due to your forum both has very much lit up this idea and I want to try to construct.
> Kester but I am weak in knowledge, but very much I want that you have explained some questions.
> We in Russia have forum and programs, but they are imperfect in comparison with your approach to this business. Probably, you are tired to answer one questions how to make houses the perfect similarity of a cabin 737.
> If there is time please answer;
> 1. what operating system costs(stands) on yours РС
> 2. which hard
> 3. soft
> 4. the name of the program which allows to snatch out separately (one) picture and to establish and distribute(allocate) (to show) on monitors. It is important as could not understand an opportunity to see a separate picture.
> 5. how many it is necessary РС to come nearer (began) to a reality
> 6. can you will prompt a site where I can write out to buy the panel for 737 and real джойстики as where I live have not found.
> If scripts " the Russian airports " you can find on are interesting to you
> < http: // www.avsim.ru/files.phtml? folder=33 >
> Yours faithfully [name known to editor].
>

ekezz
04-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Hi [name known to editor],
No I am not tired of explaining this nice hobby. I am happy to help out. Please also post your questions at our Forum as more people will then answer you because I do not know everything myself.

> 1. what operating system costs(stands) on yours РС

I use Microsoft Windows XP as operating system. Some have the Home version and some have the Professional version. I have not tried Linux, maybe it is possible, but I don't know. As some are very old PC's the costs are low. Only the MS-FS computer is a better.
> 2. which hard
Did you have a look at my personal website as well? fly.ekezz.com There is a PDF file with the computer setup I have working now. Some small changes have been made but most is still the same.
CH Products Stick, Rudder, Throttle
CP Flight MCP, EFIS, NAV, MIP expansion board www.cpflight.com
Phidgets boards www.phisgetsusa.com
Panels and switches www.737cockpit.com
Open cockpits www.opencockpits.com

> 3. soft
Also in the PDF
MS Flight Simulator
FSUIPC and WideFS (by Peter Dowson) www.schiratti.com
PMDG 737-600/700/800/900 for the flight model, panels disabled www.precisionmanuals.com
Project Magenta: MCP, Glass Cockpit, CDU (FMC), Systems, Instructor Station www.projectmagenta.com
FS2Phidgets www.phisgetsusa.com

> 4. the name of the program which allows to snatch out separately (one) picture and to establish and distribute(allocate) (to show) on monitors. It is important as could not understand an opportunity to see a separate picture.
This is done my Project Magenta software. There is some new software coming up from a open souce programmers, but I don't have the link yet.
For some people PM is too expensive.

> 5. how many it is necessary РС to come nearer (began) to a reality
I got very far with 4 PC's and 6 monitors. I started with 2 PC's and 4 screens and over time added more. For a full cockpit setup I would say 4-6 PC's

> 6. can you will prompt a site where I can write out to buy the panel for 737 and real джойстики as where I live have not found.
For panels I think www.737cockpit.com is the best today. Project Magenta maybe will come up with hardware too, they sell a cockpit shell today. Then there is www.dakenskys.com and www.Flightdecksolutions.com and more.

For more resources look at www.flightsim.com Our friend Herman has a great site with many links to serious builders and suppliers sites. Maybe one day our yellow pages will cover this too.
Hope this helps some.
Kester

DutchDak
01-25-2007, 05:55 PM
"Our friend Herman has a great site with many links to serious builders and suppliers sites."
The url is www.fscockpit.com (http://www.fscockpit.com) ;)

Regards, Herman.

jabomeister
01-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Hi Herman
I visit your website a lot, it's the most comprehensive and easily accesible resource I found so far.
However, could you please check the "links to other builders' section and eliminate thae broken links?

Thanks!
Mike

DutchDak
01-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Hi Herman
I visit your website a lot, it's the most comprehensive and easily accesible resource I found so far.
However, could you please check the "links to other builders' section and eliminate thae broken links?

Thanks!
Mike

Thanks Mike !
Keeping all those links up-to-date is a lot of work :D but the good news is that there will be a new release of the site in 1-2 weeks. All links will be checked, new links included and the content updated for FSX.
Herman.