PDA

View Full Version : aerodeckengineering

SAS884
06-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Hi.

Am trying to get in contact with aerodeck about my order( thats 1 year late) have tried several times with no luck,.
Wondering if anyone have been in contact with armando (owner of aerodeck) latley.
Starting to get really frustrated with their attitude to people, I know am not the only one with this problem.

Lewis Simmons
06-28-2008, 04:47 PM
I had a lengthy conversation via email with him in about February. Haven't contacted him since though sorry.

AchillesP
06-30-2008, 07:08 AM
Hi,

Pitty to say but I placed an order at starting of June 2007 and never recieved my goods. I LOST MY MONEY. BE CAREFULL

nricky
07-01-2008, 06:32 AM
A friend of mine has placed and order for a mip stand here in Germany, he is still waiting for it to arrive. The only thing that we are hearing from him are always excuses and more excuses why he can ship. One time he said he did not have any gas for welding. An other excuse was that he had moved. This has been going on for almost a year now. I can’t believe that a company like that is doing with there customers, first collect the money and than you can see when you get your stuff.<o></o>
<o></o>
Last mail was we have problems shipping it via air, now he wants more money to have it send by sea. Will we get the mip stand if we send him the money.<o></o>
<o></o>
I am happy that we only bought the mip stand and nothing else. There are people out there who have ordert more stuff from him. Heard of some people that have send him 20 000 US, that is hard to believe that the are still waiting for there stuff.<o></o>
<o></o>
Is there anybody out there that got there stuff the have ordert from him???????? Or are we all waiting for the stuff to be delivert we have paid for.<o></o>
<o></o>
Cheers Norbert

PS Hope that this treat wont be closed like the last time<o:p></o:p>

<o></o>
<o></o>

Bob Reed
07-01-2008, 10:17 AM
A friend of mine has placed and order for a mip stand here in Germany, he is still waiting for it to arrive. The only thing that we are hearing from him are always excuses and more excuses why he can ship. One time he said he did not have any gas for welding. An other excuse was that he had moved. This has been going on for almost a year now. I can’t believe that a company like that is doing with there customers, first collect the money and than you can see when you get your stuff.<O></O>
<O></O>
Last mail was we have problems shipping it via air, now he wants more money to have it send by sea. Will we get the mip stand if we send him the money.<O></O>
<O></O>
I am happy that we only bought the mip stand and nothing else. There are people out there who have ordert more stuff from him. Heard of some people that have send him 20 000 US, that is hard to believe that the are still waiting for there stuff.<O></O>
<O></O>
Is there anybody out there that got there stuff the have ordert from him???????? Or are we all waiting for the stuff to be delivert we have paid for.<O></O>
<O></O>
Cheers Norbert

PS Hope that this treat wont be closed like the last time<O:p></O:p>

<O></O>
<O></O>

This thread will not close as long as there is no bashing and so far things are ok. Looks like a company to stay away from. This is one of the reasons we started this place. To help other builders not make the same mistakes some of us have made!

Padraig
07-01-2008, 11:01 AM
20,000 and then not to get anything for it is madness. I hope you get your stuff sorted out "SAS" and you also "Nricky" Also thank's for the heads up with the supplier..

dodiano
07-01-2008, 01:26 PM
I will advise legal action if there is a lot of money involved!

Regards,

Roberto

SAS884
07-04-2008, 09:24 AM
I think that I have some good news, have been contacted by aerodeck 2 days ago and my order is ready to be sent the second time, the shipment will cost 1300$, I feel a little bit anxious to send even more money after what "Nricky" wrote.
So I asked if it was possible for me to pay the shippment upon delivery, and he was going to look in to it and get back to me.
I dont know if it`s worth to take a chance and mybe loose more money by paying in advance for the shippment.

Originally Posted by nricky http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?p=60560#post60560)
I am happy that we only bought the mip stand and nothing else. There are people out there who have ordert more stuff from him. Heard of some people that have send him 20 000 US, that is hard to believe that the are still waiting for there stuff.

Have been emailing with a guy that was going to buy a hole setup for more then 50,000$, he thinks that it`s strange that he couldent find any reviewed or displayed details from people that have bought aerodeck`s products. He is now going to wait with his order until he finds out more about aerodeck.
Perhaps he just saved a lot of money and frustration;)

ivar hestnes
07-04-2008, 10:53 AM
An idea for you Martin.

Get yourself an account at DHL, and you instruct DHL to pickup your package.

Then you have to pay shipping cost to DHL before delivery. If there really is a package for you;)

And you dont need to send money to the company with "spectacular relationship to their customers".

Whatever you do, dont send money.

:)

AchillesP
07-04-2008, 11:30 AM
I think that I have some good news, have been contacted by aerodeck 2 days ago and my order is ready to be sent the second time, the shipment will cost 1300$, I feel a little bit anxious to send even more money after what "Nricky" wrote.

Hi,

I do not know how big is your order, but from my business experiance 1300$ for shipping cost must be approximatelly 10 europalletes (120 x 80 x 80cm) of 500Kgr each from China to Greece. So, approximatelly the same distance from USA to Europe.

If your is order 5000 Kg and 10 europallets then 1300$ is reasonable price. Also do not forget the import taxes approximatelly 10% of the amount.

But as I said. I already lost my money from this company.

Michael Carter
07-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Sometimes it does pay to DIY.

ivar hestnes
07-04-2008, 06:26 PM
I would check with Dun and Bradstreet if this company is economically in good shape. Or if it is still in business. That is worth a attempt.

Below is cut from aerodeck engineering`s web-page.

United States Federal Government Contractor
Dun and Bradstreet No. 617804401

Aerodeck engineering

<TABLE height=103 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TH scope=row height=103>

Mailing Address:1733 NW 79TH AVEMIAMI, FL 33126-1112</PRE>
</TH></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>
<TABLE height=103 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TH scope=row height=103>

</PRE>
</TH></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>

nricky
07-06-2008, 07:32 AM
I have looked into in what you wrote. Had a look at their page Dun and Bradstreet and fund info on Aerodeckenginnering, but if you want to look at the info you have to pay money for that.

But there is still a big question that I would liked to have answered, is there anybody out there that is happy with aerodeckengineering, in what the have bought and had delivered. It can’t be that all of his customers are unhappy. When you take a look at his homepage and see what he makes for our hobby, the only thing that I can say is “WOW”.

I guess it would be the time that ArmandP would say something to this, maybe this is all a misunderstanding from Aerodeckenginnering. So please do something to make our worries go away.

Cheers Norbert

super80
07-06-2008, 04:40 PM
I purchased the first modular fiberglass 737 shell from Armando a few years back, and it is a well made, faithful replica. It is however a bit wobbly, but a rear bulkhead will take care of that(something I haven't gotten around to do yet).

I have the shell installed in a VERY tight room, and that was my motivation when I first approached Aerodeck. I didn't want to build something out of wood/mdf, since getting it out of the sim room would be a chore due to the weight and confined space. The fiberglass sections in the Aerodeck shell are extremely light weight, and one person can assemble the shell (except for lifting and securing the roof section, which I enlisted the help of my wife :mrgreen: )

I also purchased the aluminum floor, slide windows, and pedestal. The pedestal was virtually destroyed when it arrived thanks to UPS and our wonderful U.S. Customs Department, which held on to it for weeks. I don't know why they were so rough with it, but it was scratched really bad and dented it in several places. Looked like they dropped it OUT of a 737! ;)
Anyhow, Armando made good on this.

I ended up refurbishing what was left of the pedestal, and I have it installed in my sim today. Still looks pretty decent.

In summary I can only comment on my own personal experience, hope this helps.

-Vic

SAS884
07-07-2008, 03:21 AM
I do not know how big is your order, but from my business experiance 1300$ for shipping cost must be approximatelly 10 europalletes (120 x 80 x 80cm) of 500Kgr each from China to Greece. So, approximatelly the same distance from USA to Europe.

I put in a order for the MIP stand, I also thought that 1300$ sounded a bit high for shipping.

Get yourself an account at DHL, and you instruct DHL to pickup your package.

Then you have to pay shipping cost to DHL before delivery. If there really is a package for you:wink:

And thanx Ivar for the tip about DHL, am still waiting for a response from Aerodeck about my enquire to pay upon delivery, if they cant do it I`ll try what Ivar wrote.

SAS884
08-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Have now received the MIP stand from Aerodeck, and I payed the shipping when I collected it from the airport, it was approximately the same ammount that was given to me from armando, just a few dollers difference.

And the MIP stand is a beutiful peice of art, really happy that I could now start building on my new sim:D.

Here are some pict of it.

The box got a little damage when we carryd it up the stairs.
http://www.freewebs.com/boeing737ng/mipstand.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/boeing737ng/mipstand1.jpg

And here she is..:D
http://www.freewebs.com/boeing737ng/mipstand3.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/boeing737ng/mipstand2.jpg

ivar hestnes
08-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Good for you Martin:)

Guess you are relieved now. Good luck with your new project.

:)

Tomlin
08-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Incredible looking piece of work there! Glad it got there finally.

Michael Carter
08-11-2008, 04:55 PM
That's awesome. They could build them for Boeing it looks that good.