PDA

View Full Version : ENG1&2 cutoff problem?

mmakela
06-24-2008, 09:56 AM
I have an iocard.exe program and Airbus PmSystems software.
I'm trying to get both ENG1 and ENG2 switch to work, but no
success so far.
FOR ENG1: Variable name is ENG_CUTOFF , address is $561A but
lenght is a unknown. Should it be a bit?
Is switches page I have : Name is ENG1_ON, input for ON is 97 and
for OFF is 98, variable is ENG_CUTOFF and value_on/key and
value_off/key are unknown. Should I have 1 for ON and 0 for OFF there?
Can anybody help a "bit" here? Thanks!

Tomlin
06-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Just to carry this question a bit further, in FSUIPC, what is the name of the function for :

Control-Shift-F4 (for fuel ON)

and

Control-Shift-F1 (for fuel OFF)

????

(Im trying to assign ONE toggle on my CH yoke where one direction is Fuel On and the other Direction is Fuel Off- not seperat engines YET)

thanks,

Peter Dowson
06-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Just to carry this question a bit further, in FSUIPC, what is the name of the function for :

Control-Shift-F4 (for fuel ON)

and

Control-Shift-F1 (for fuel OFF)

????

The easiest way to find out the names of any FS control is to use FSUIPC's Logging. Just enable Event logging (for non-axis controls, as in this case), then press your keypress (or operate your mouse control) and look in the FSUIPC log.

It is precisely for things like this that such logging is provided. I've no idea why nobody ever makes use of it. :-(

In those two cases, the answer is obvious in any case -- you could actually look up in FS's keyboard checklist and see that the Ctrl+Shift+F1 to F4 combinations are,by defalut, always allocated to the Mixture -- F1 is full off, F2 is decrement, F3 is increment and F4 is full on. They've been the default assignments now for as long as I can remember, at least as far back as FS95. ;-)

Pete

Tomlin
06-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks Pete, you are (as you know) right- they have been there for ages. However, Im dealing with a Jet, and wasnt aware that it would be listed under mixture as I was (mistakenly) thinking that would only apply to a prop engine aircraft.

Thanks again! AND, I will certainly try to remember the logging too :-)

Michael Carter
06-24-2008, 06:24 PM
It's the same with the DF727 too.