PDA

View Full Version : Getting Avionics to turn OFF

Tomlin
06-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Hi

There has been some discussion about this before, but I dont recall it relating directly to my situation (sorry if it did).

Situation:

I have FS9 loaded and ready to go flying.
I press the Master Battery Switch to ON (offset 3102)
I press the Avionics Master Switch to ON (offset 2E80)

...and the PMRJ avionics come alive as they should.

I go flying, have a ball, and land the airplane (default LJ45).

Problem:

I turn off the GEN switches and all the other switches, then finally turn OFF the Avionics Master Switch and last the Master Battery Switch to OFF.

I observe the reception of ATC and of ILS/Nav info goes off or blank like it should, and even my GoFlight GF166 goes blank. However, the actual avionics screens remain ON to where you can still see the HSI/ND/EICAS/RMUs, etc and it bugs the crap out of me. Why are they not turning OFF when they are off?

Thanks,

Trevor Hale
06-09-2008, 03:20 PM
As soon as you hit the battery switches off, they should go blank.

I would check your programming in FSUIPC to clear x3102, x2E80 when you turn the switches off,

I bet you have an On value programmed but not an off value.

Trev

Tomlin
06-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Thanks Trev, I suspect(ed) the same but why do the other items turn OFF? Maybe it's because the true avionics are actually turning off as mentioned before but the screens themselves are somehow still triggered ON.

Another note, they will NOT come ON until the actual Avionics Master is turned ON, and of course that is the switch that's cutting off the avionics except the display portion.

I didnt say this earlier as I didnt want to cause any confusion, but the other night, for the first time, somehow the entire display DID cut off after turning OFF either the BATT or Avionics. I cant remember because I was flabergasted, and I had not touched any programming so I have no idea why it did this. I will go into the SYS3 card's InterfaceIT software tonight and insure what you've pointed out.

thanks again,

Trevor Hale
06-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Honestly it is just a stab in the dark.. But maybe something worth checking anyway.

Trev

Thomas Richter
06-10-2008, 04:28 AM
... However, the actual avionics screens remain ON to where you can still see the HSI/ND/EICAS/RMUs, etc and it bugs the crap out of me. Why are they not turning OFF when they are off?

Thanks,

Hi Eric

Because they are connected to the wrong Bus system

avionics_bus = 2, 5 , 9.5
avionics = 1, 5 , 9.5

This works.

AndyT
06-10-2008, 04:38 AM
This might be a bit too obvious but have you tried pulling the plug? ;):D

mauriceb
06-10-2008, 07:07 AM
This might be a bit too obvious but have you tried pulling the plug? ;):D

This might well work, but Eric, like many others around here. is suffering from this disease called "Darnthingshouldworkasitissupposedtoitis". Once infected with that disease, there seems to be little chance of recovery and in fact, the prognosis is for more virulent attacks the longer you stay in this game. :D. The only possible antidote is putting your sim for sale on e-bay.;)

JMHO,
Maurice

Tomlin
06-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Maurice, you need to be hit over the head every once in a while. Tim- Where are you when I need you? :-)

Hey everybody, I got it working last night and actually it now works properly using a different offset. Instead of using

the Avionics Master Switch to ON (offset 2E80)

I switched it over to offset 3103 and it works like a champ now. In fact I now would like to know about that dimming offset that was mentioned in another thread and try to have that blank out the displays as you go from battery only power to GEN L and R power.

However, because of Maurice's diagnosis of myself, Im now thinking about what Thomas said and although it's over my head (for now) I am wondering if it's possible to have:

Both L and R AVIONICS switches somehow affect the operation of the avionics in the aircraft. Is that logic present, or not really? At this time, PMSystems is not on my horizon if that's what it would take.