PDA

View Full Version : Projector setup question

Shawn
06-03-2008, 06:31 PM
I was wondering if anyone has used three projectors to display the forward view plus a 90 degree left and right view? I have seen a project on this site that used 5 projectors to display a forward view, 45 degree left and right and 90 degree left and right which looked amazing but thats outside my budget. My second question is regarding the use of a projector for the forward view and monitors for the 90 degree left and right view? Has anyone tried this, does the difference in the display sizes become an issue? Thanks in advance for the replies. :cool:

sbecker777
06-04-2008, 02:26 AM
Shawn,
If you are referring to Nic's 5 window setup (Front, Left-Front, Left, Right Front and Right), he's actually using 3 projectors to do this. Many builders use 3 projectors for the 3 basic out-the-window views.

As to your second question, there are a number of builders using this approach, too. They can tell you the benefits and drawbacks to this arrangement.

Steve

BHawthorne
06-04-2008, 07:29 AM
3 projectors would be pretty standard with a Matrox TH2G box.

Shawn
06-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Thanks guys I appreciate the replies. I was just assuming that 5 projectors were being used. It didn't occur to me that he could simply display 5 windowed views with 3 projectors. :oops: I am planning to use FSX with my simulator so running in windowed mode won't be an option as FSX runs significantly slower when it's not in full screen mode. Does anyone have a link to a developers site that uses monitors for the left and right veiw? I would be interested in hearing the pro's and con's of this type of setup. Thanks again.