PDA

View Full Version : fs2phidget spoiler problem

ozziesim
06-01-2008, 02:58 AM
Hey guys,

I am having trouble with the spoiler_handle function with fs2phidgets,

I am using a phidgets slider pot, PMDG, and using the spoiler_handle fuction. It doesnt even work when i try the emulater. Is this what function is being used by others or is there something im doing here or over looking.

I have noticed other spoiler offsets for different settings however i gathered that is for a switch type setup rather than a pot setup.

Any ideas anyone

warvet
06-01-2008, 05:26 AM
ozzie,
Yup the spoiler in FS is a switch incremental setup not a pot setup as far as I have discovered. Try a KB emulator format for the spoiler instead something simple like a Hagstrom KE72 is cheap and ideal for flaps and spoiler situations. JMO hope it helps u

Tim
A340
Canada

ozziesim
06-01-2008, 05:55 AM
Yes well thats the way its starting to look, however i have seen quite a few others using pots with their construction so is this for somthing else i have overlooked ?

Trevor Hale
06-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Can you see the phidgets in FSUIPC and program it there?

Trev

mauriceb
06-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Hey guys,

I am having trouble with the spoiler_handle function with fs2phidgets,

Any ideas anyone

I assume you are using the right offset 0BD0? If yes, this is what I am using and it works OK for me.

Do the settings in your FS Variable file (mine is named FSVariables431.ini)
match these settings:

[SPOILER_HANDLE]
Offset=0BD0
Length=4
FSType=Proportional
LoValue=0
HiValue=16383

Maurice

ozziesim
06-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Hi Guys,

Yeah its got me beat, i tried forever yesterday, i checked all the offsets as listed buy you guys and all is correct. However i gave it another try today and it worked first time ?????????

I think i inhaled a little too many paint fumes from painting my quad handles or something yesterday, anyways thanks for your replies and time.