PDA

View Full Version : Using FSUIPC for interfacing vs. sim software

Tomlin
05-29-2008, 04:37 PM
I am a strong proponent for using FSUIPC to toggle everything for controls and have posted numerous times on how to have control inputs recognized (better) by FSUIPC vs. the inputs in FS9. (http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/CH_...ith_FSUIPC.pdf)

However strangely enough, there's one issue I havent figured out quite yet that's getting annoying.

My CH Pro Pedals- I want to be able to tap the toe brakes and it release the Parking Brake, just like in real life and also in the 'normal' FS commands/inputs. Since having these working in FSUIPC I love the improved braking response and other things but I cannot figure out how to have the Parking Brakes release when tapping the brakes.

Thanks for suggestions on how to re-accomplish this via FSUIPC.

ET

PaulEMB
05-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Eric,

I remember reading a thread regarding toe brake pressure and parking brake release as being a feature of PM Systems, not of FS - maybe you could see if you can find it.

Paul G
05-29-2008, 07:16 PM
I had same issue with the Go Flight rudder. I had some issues with the brakes staying on at first. Basically I had to set the sensitivity way up (but not max out), and in my case set the Invert control. Somehow this also resolved my quest to have the toe brakes release parking brake. Perhaps you want to try configuring the brakes in FSX/9 and see if that works.

Cheers

Paul

Peter Dowson
05-29-2008, 08:12 PM
My CH Pro Pedals- I want to be able to tap the toe brakes and it release the Parking Brake, just like in real life and also in the 'normal' FS commands/inputs. Since having these working in FSUIPC I love the improved braking response and other things but I cannot figure out how to have the Parking Brakes release when tapping the brakes.

Thanks for suggestions on how to re-accomplish this via FSUIPC.

If you are assigning via FSUIPC's Axis Assignments you could use the right-hand side part of that Tab to program a control when the axis passes through a certain range, some way above the "brakes off" level. I think simply sending a single "brakes" control does it -- same as pressing the ‘.’ Key once.

Pete

warvet
05-30-2008, 12:50 AM
Eric,
Can you send me a pm as to exact setting I need to configure my CH Pedals in FSUIPC as you have for rudder and brakes.Even just what numbers to put inor how to set it up. Thanks in advance.

your Friend
Tim
A340

Tomlin
05-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Tim, give me a few days (sorry) and I will get it to you, regarding slope values and all...