PDA

View Full Version : 747 shell anyone ?

dnoize
05-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Kalitta Cargo.

RTO and runway overshoot, brussels, yesterday. No serious injuries (4 out of 5 crew members had light injuries).

Good opportunity to get a 747 shell on europes mainland?

MichelvdM ? something for you ? ;-)

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/3/2/5/1357523.jpg

Trevor Hale
05-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Nice.. Not much left of that is there? although the flight deck appears to be in good shape if you know how to clean blood stains :)

Efe Cem Elci
05-26-2008, 07:05 PM
With respect to what this crash could've resulted in but didn't...

That front slide looks steep! Fun!

Joe Cygan
05-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Kalitta Cargo.

RTO and runway overshoot, brussels, yesterday. No serious injuries (4 out of 5 crew members had light injuries).

Good opportunity to get a 747 shell on europes mainland?

MichelvdM ? something for you ? ;-)

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/3/2/5/1357523.jpg

LOL, I was just thinking that Stef!

dnoize
05-27-2008, 04:06 AM
Nice.. Not much left of that is there? although the flight deck appears to be in good shape if you know how to clean blood stains :)

Nahhhh.... no blood stains....

If people got seriously injured, i wouldnt have posted it this way. Just some bruises according to the reports....

Can imagine the slide alone would cause some bruises too.

Stef

dnoize
05-27-2008, 04:09 AM
With respect to what this crash could've resulted in but didn't...

That front slide looks steep! Fun!

very lucky indeed. The 747 was loaded with full on its way to the middle east. Dont want to think of what could have happened.

The lines in front are of a railway that also accomodates high speed trains... could be much worse !

Slide looks steep indeed. Maybe because its going right into a ditch ?

Stef

AndyT
05-27-2008, 05:21 AM
They did that because they could'nt afford to fill the fuel tanks anymore.

warvet
05-27-2008, 12:22 PM
WOW!
This is a time when truly first class is not the place to be :) Thanks for the pic Stef LOL Im leaving for Hong Kong and Macau to conduct a Self Defence/Combatives Seminar on June 14th and am taking a 744 first time in my life, appreciate the fact you provided me with this great reference to enjoy while were enroute lol :)Guess I should be happy my hosts are sending me only Business class lol. Stef I thought you had left the hobby for good a while back and I am so thrilled my friend that you stayed. I remember when you started this hobby and watching each piece you bought or made was a blast watching you talk about it. Im really happy you found a real TQ. You really havve always been a good friend and a great builder Stef and helped me alot over the years, and wanted to say good to see ya back. Srry just didnt get to say that till now kept forgetting to post it :)

Regards
Tim
A340
Canada

dnoize
05-27-2008, 04:42 PM
WOW!
This is a time when truly first class is not the place to be :) Thanks for the pic Stef LOL Im leaving for Hong Kong and Macau to conduct a Self Defence/Combatives Seminar on June 14th and am taking a 744 first time in my life, appreciate the fact you provided me with this great reference to enjoy while were enroute lol :)Guess I should be happy my hosts are sending me only Business class lol. Stef I thought you had left the hobby for good a while back and I am so thrilled my friend that you stayed. I remember when you started this hobby and watching each piece you bought or made was a blast watching you talk about it. Im really happy you found a real TQ. You really havve always been a good friend and a great builder Stef and helped me alot over the years, and wanted to say good to see ya back. Srry just didnt get to say that till now kept forgetting to post it :)

heheh Thanks Tim, You make me blush :-)

Never left this hobby...in fact, busier than ever :-).

Good to see you here too btw !

And dont worry Tim. The Kalitta was and old 747/200 cargo. Here in europe they are thinking of blacklisting Kalitta....

Dont think you have to worry about the 744 that will bring you to Hongkong......:-)

Stef

John Davis
05-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Wow .... looks like I could get some nice new seats , freshly painted in Boeing Brown .... it is paint isnt it ??? ;)

rhysb
05-28-2008, 06:37 AM
I bet Kalitta are regretting letting you have a go in the cockpit now are'nt they Stef :-)

Only kidding your probably more highly trained than their pilots :-)

dnoize
05-28-2008, 05:03 PM
lol, Thanks Rhys.....i think....;-)

Stef

rhysb
05-28-2008, 06:00 PM
:-) yes it was a compliment!! Hope you and the family are well...