PDA

View Full Version : Boeing GC Flap Display problem

David Cox
05-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone has experienced this problem and can help ?

Ever since I loaded the latest Boeing GC update version (452) the green flap retraction/deployment indicators (UP, 1, 2, 5, 10 etc....) on the PFD speed tape are no longer displayed.

I have changed absolutely NOTHING else on my setup (apart from also loading the latest CDU and MCP upadates) and this always worked on earlier versions of the Boeing GC.

Has anyone else seen this and if so, did you fix it ????

I am posting here in the hope that someone can help as PM Support no longer even acknowlege my emails !!!.

Many thanks

David

Jan737
05-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Hi David,
Download and install the latest version of FSUIPC.
I've had the same problems.

Best regards
Jan Geurtsen

David Cox
05-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Jan,

Thanks for your post - I have tried your suggestion. I installed FSUIPIC version 3.81 but the problem remains - if I run two versions of the GC at the same time, on the same PC, the PFD displays the green flap deployment/retraction numbers on the speed tape on all versions before (and including) build 444. The latest build (452) doesn't display them at all (apart from V1, VR and REF). The config of each version is identical (they both reference the same aircraft.cfg file).

Any ideas ??? - are you using FS9 or FSX ?

Cheers

David

Trevor Hale
05-24-2008, 08:32 AM
maybe posting a screenshot of what your referring to might help. I am still trying to understand what your talking about.

(from what I have experienced) the aircraft type set in the cdu controls what is displayed on the EICAS Flap screen. For instance, I don't fly a 737 so for my aircraft I had to edit the aircraft type file in the cdu so it will display my flap values.

Trev

David Cox
05-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi Trevor - thanks for your post.

I do normally run the CDU and use that to genearte all the flap/speed reference data from the aircraft.cfg file, but for testing purposes to keep things as simple as possible, I have been using an aircraft.cfg file durectly referenced in the PFD.INI file. The results are the same whether I use the CDU or the method outlined above - build 440 and earlier of the Boeing GC display the flap deployment/retraction reminders correctly on the speed-tape - all later versions display nothing.

I attach a JPEG illustrating what I am talking about - I have drawb a red circle around the flap UP indicator in this case (it will obviously display UP, 1, 2, 5, 10 etc. depending on the speed and flaps current setting).

Hope someone can help with this ...

David